You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
RANT HERE thread
Started by flyhi
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Ughhhhh dog food arguments also drive me nutsSome cousins own a pet supply store. They advertise for a raw food brand. I've argued with them before about some blatantly incorrect statements. I just cant.
My condolences.Migraine. Ugh.![]()
have had a string of migraines again the past 2 weeks and am hoping they aren’t job related (been doing some training before my OFFICIAL training). Gotta wonder sometimes why my body hates me
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I may remove this post so please don't quote. My son was diagnosed with a VSD (ventricular septal defect) 8 days after birth, he was hospitalized on Wednesday and scheduled for open heart surgery to repair the VSD tomorrow. Juggling the hospital with watching the toddler and pets at home and not sleeping and the emotional toll of my baby being in the hospital and needing surgery is breaking me down a little.
Sending all the love, KC💕💕
WildZoo
Noble Dubz Dictator, Unyeetable Phasing Wolf
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
So sorry you're having to deal with that KC, keeping you and your family in my thoughts and sending you many hugs 💗
Gerbils! Eff gerbils, and the box they came in.
Ever feel like something is going well and no one gives you any indication that it isn't, but then you later find out it was going kind of poorly? And so then you wonder if you're going to spend the rest of time paranoid that things are actually always going badly even when they seem to be going fine?
That's where I'm at today.
Also, I hope to god I never have to hear again how I don't seem interested just because I'm quiet and not the gregarious personality everyone seems to prefer.
That's where I'm at today.
Also, I hope to god I never have to hear again how I don't seem interested just because I'm quiet and not the gregarious personality everyone seems to prefer.
Thanks for all your support here. My fracture has healed but I have other wrist issues now. Two bone cysts tendinitis and carpal tunnel with bad median neuritis and a partridge in a pear tree. I was in such a bad mood I stayed away from here for a while and I’m sorry. They just did a minor procedure today and steroid injections and I HURT. I’ve previously fractured my back and had PCL knee surgery and this is still more painful because they didn’t think to give me pain meds for a minor procedure today. I’m lucky I asked for days off in the clinic and my editing job is just having me do reading right now no writing. But I’m still grumpy and awake because in pain. Argh.
Last edited:
Praying/thinking about your son KC
WildZoo
Noble Dubz Dictator, Unyeetable Phasing Wolf
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
But but...they're cute!Gerbils! Eff gerbils, and the box they came in.
Sprained my neck a few days ago and having an evil pain today, can't move my head sideways at all. Considering to go to an ER for some methocarbamol and/or one of those neck support thingies...but issues like this probably will cost me 10 hours waiting to be seen? Will it go away on its own?
And my dear husband showed me a farting video, I laughed so hard, I'm in hell🤣Sprained my neck a few days ago and having an evil pain today, can't move my head sideways at all. Considering to go to an ER for some methocarbamol and/or one of those neck support thingies...but issues like this probably will cost me 10 hours waiting to be seen? Will it go away on its own?
What about urgent care or a telemedicine dr for some methocarbamol?Sprained my neck a few days ago and having an evil pain today, can't move my head sideways at all. Considering to go to an ER for some methocarbamol and/or one of those neck support thingies...but issues like this probably will cost me 10 hours waiting to be seen? Will it go away on its own?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
SDN is not for medical advice, but go to the ER. My friend transected her vertebral artery and that was the same exact presentation she had. Impossible to know if it's just a muscle sprain without someone having a look.Sprained my neck a few days ago and having an evil pain today, can't move my head sideways at all. Considering to go to an ER for some methocarbamol and/or one of those neck support thingies...but issues like this probably will cost me 10 hours waiting to be seen? Will it go away on its own?
What about urgent care or a telemedicine dr for some methocarbamol?
Thank god my family doctor prescribed me methocarbamol this morning, now I just need Walgreens to (slowly taking their time) fill it. I scheduled a visit next week in case this doesn't get better. I sure hope it's just a sprain - I know how exactly I sprained it, but hopefully there's nothing else going on. It just feels like everything is falling apart recently, I've had more doctor's visit in the past two months than the previous five years combined.SDN is not for medical advice, but go to the ER. My friend transected her vertebral artery and that was the same exact presentation she had. Impossible to know if it's just a muscle sprain without someone having a look.
(Also FYI if it’s super expensive and your insurance doesn’t want to cover it, goodrx is my best friend for my methocarb and my gabapentin prices)Thank god my family doctor prescribed me methocarbamol this morning, now I just need Walgreens to (slowly taking their time) fill it. I scheduled a visit next week in case this doesn't get better. I sure hope it's just a sprain - I know how exactly I sprained it, but hopefully there's nothing else going on. It just feels like everything is falling apart recently, I've had more doctor's visit in the past two months than the previous five years combined.
Thank you for the information!! Fortunately the hospital I currently work for has a great benefit package, and my insurance has been covering my prescriptions and procedures well. It cost me 4 bucks to get that 30 pills of methocarbamol filled. Not for long tho, I quitted my tech position to join a research lab this summer for 12 weeks before school starts, in another state. I'm leaving in 3 weeks. Gosh I really hope it works out.(Also FYI if it’s super expensive and your insurance doesn’t want to cover it, goodrx is my best friend for my methocarb and my gabapentin prices)
supershorty
Don't look so vexed, toots.
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Had a brief moment of not feeling nauseated and feeling hungry, so I ordered good takeout, and by the time it got here, my body was like "nah we don't feel good anymore"
so I've just been looking sadly at my food after taking 2 bites because I feel too gross to get myself to eat it 🙁
so I've just been looking sadly at my food after taking 2 bites because I feel too gross to get myself to eat it 🙁
Where oh where do all the masks go when they disappear into the void. Are they hanging out with the other half of the lonely socks?
Need to rant for a sec because I'm very angry and stressed out.
My university is going forward with in person graduation (socially distanced, masks required, a maximum of 8 guests per graduate in our giant football stadium), which I'm grateful for. My ceremony was supposed to take place at 8am. My sister's HS graduation is taking place the exact same day at 2pm in my hometown 2 hours away from my college town. That was already cutting it close trying to get me + my family back home in time for her graduation.
This morning, the university announced that instead of having 2 separate graduations for my specific college (one for the class of 2021 and one for the class of 2020), they instead combined the ceremonies and it now starts at 9am. I have no clue how long the ceremony will last (the graduation FAQs aren't updated with the new ceremony times and changes) and I'm really worried that my family might have to pick between seeing me graduate and seeing my sister graduate, and I will likely have to miss seeing her graduate now. I can't believe they changed this with literally less than 2 weeks notice. I'm so frustrated by these changes and it is very upsetting to have these changes thrust upon us with no warning.
My university is going forward with in person graduation (socially distanced, masks required, a maximum of 8 guests per graduate in our giant football stadium), which I'm grateful for. My ceremony was supposed to take place at 8am. My sister's HS graduation is taking place the exact same day at 2pm in my hometown 2 hours away from my college town. That was already cutting it close trying to get me + my family back home in time for her graduation.
This morning, the university announced that instead of having 2 separate graduations for my specific college (one for the class of 2021 and one for the class of 2020), they instead combined the ceremonies and it now starts at 9am. I have no clue how long the ceremony will last (the graduation FAQs aren't updated with the new ceremony times and changes) and I'm really worried that my family might have to pick between seeing me graduate and seeing my sister graduate, and I will likely have to miss seeing her graduate now. I can't believe they changed this with literally less than 2 weeks notice. I'm so frustrated by these changes and it is very upsetting to have these changes thrust upon us with no warning.
WildZoo
Noble Dubz Dictator, Unyeetable Phasing Wolf
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Exciting!!Not a rant. Cutting my very long hair very short...just a bit nervous 😛
I've been talking about doing some side shave thing for a while but haven't pulled the trigger. I'm a baby about haircuts. So, I commend you for being braver than I am!
Side shave is so cool! Do it!😍Exciting!!
I've been talking about doing some side shave thing for a while but haven't pulled the trigger. I'm a baby about haircuts. So, I commend you for being braver than I am!
Just finished my cut and feeling ready for the summer!
I'm scheduled for a cut next Thursday! My hair hasn't been cut since pre-pandemicSide shave is so cool! Do it!😍
Just finished my cut and feeling ready for the summer!
and it constantly touching my back is making me go crazy. I'm debating how short I wanna go and really just want to chop it alllll.
Last edited:
supershorty
Don't look so vexed, toots.
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Dooooo itI'm scheduled for a cut next Thursday! My hair hasn't been cut since pre-pandemic 🙂whistle🙂 and it constantly touching my back is making me go crazy. I'm debating how short I wanna go and really just want to chop it alllll.
I did a really short chop of my waist-length covid hair a couple months ago and it was so liberating. Do it!!!I'm scheduled for a cut next Thursday! My hair hasn't been cut since pre-pandemicand it constantly touching my back is making me go crazy. I'm debating how short I wanna go and really just want to chop it alllll.
WildZoo
Noble Dubz Dictator, Unyeetable Phasing Wolf
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Yes, everyone else chop all your hair so I can live vicariously 

You would look sooooo good with the side shave though, I do it you do it! 😛Yes, everyone else chop all your hair so I can live vicariously![]()
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
WildZoo
Noble Dubz Dictator, Unyeetable Phasing Wolf
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Honestly the part i'm most worried about is regrowth. I think I'd have done it already if I could figure out what the heck I'm gonna do when I eventually want to grow it out lolYou would look sooooo good with the side shave though, I do it you do it! 😛
WildZoo
Noble Dubz Dictator, Unyeetable Phasing Wolf
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
I got my hairstylist all excited when I mentioned I was thinking about it like a year ago and she's visibly disappointed when I go in for colors and she asks about cut and I'm like "just a trim!" 

You'd totally make her week hahaI got my hairstylist all excited when I mentioned I was thinking about it like a year ago and she's visibly disappointed when I go in for colors and she asks about cut and I'm like "just a trim!"![]()
I love my long hair. I don’t think I’ll ever cut it off again (did once in college and was so unhappy).
power to y’all who love the short haircuts!
power to y’all who love the short haircuts!
Saaame. In January 2020, I got my first hair cut in 7 years. Even then, it was more of layering and the most that was taken off was 3 or 4 inches. I used to cut it every 4 years to donate; but then it was at my chin or shorter. Can't do it any more.I love my long hair. I don’t think I’ll ever cut it off again (did once in college and was so unhappy).
power to y’all who love the short haircuts!
I love my long hair. I don’t think I’ll ever cut it off again (did once in college and was so unhappy).
power to y’all who love the short haircuts!
Same.. my parents gave me a short hair cut as a kid once, never again. I have to at least be able to pull it into a ponytail and ideally I like it a bit longer than that.
I SHAVEd my head when I was in college, for political reasons. It was so liberating, especially because that coincided with my training for my first half marathon. The growing back was painful, that's why I didn't cut it short again for so long. But my long hair is so boring. It would be a different story if I had full wavy hair, but asian straight hair paired with a very lazy on the look personality - better short.I love my long hair. I don’t think I’ll ever cut it off again (did once in college and was so unhappy).
power to y’all who love the short haircuts!
I considered this, verbalized it, and my partner very gently was like, "...could you please not?" Damn typical dude who likes the long hair but doesn't have to do anything for maintaining it. 😛I SHAVEd my head when I was in college, for political reasons. It was so liberating, especially because that coincided with my training for my first half marathon. The growing back was painful, that's why I didn't cut it short again for so long. But my long hair is so boring. It would be a different story if I had full wavy hair, but asian straight hair paired with a very lazy on the look personality - better short.
I'm much better about actually styling my hair and paying attention to it when it's shorter. As soon as it fits in a pony tail it stays in a pony tail.
I cut my hair *short* (translation: just below the shoulder) almost 2 years ago in July (I donated 9 inches) which was the first time that it was more than a trim. I personally like how I look with longer hair but it felt nice to try something new. I can’t wait till this summer when I’m hoping to donate 12 inches or so to get my hair short enough to be above the shoulder this time and see how that goes.
Interesting I have the super thick long Asian hair and I am very very lazy with my hair lol everyone feels differently 🙂I SHAVEd my head when I was in college, for political reasons. It was so liberating, especially because that coincided with my training for my first half marathon. The growing back was painful, that's why I didn't cut it short again for so long. But my long hair is so boring. It would be a different story if I had full wavy hair, but asian straight hair paired with a very lazy on the look personality - better short.
I grow my hair for 18-24mo and then chop 8+ inches off to a bit below my shoulders and donate it and then start the cycle again. To date, I’ve donated over 6 feet of hair if you add it all up.
supershorty
Don't look so vexed, toots.
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Is there a way to hide the thread and post upvote/down vote counters? Everything is out of alignment now and I hate it.
Wait have these vote counters been on the right side of posts this whole time or is this new
WildZoo
Noble Dubz Dictator, Unyeetable Phasing Wolf
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
I donated my hair once and I think it was like 5 years of growth because I didn't realize you could pull it straight to measure. Damn curls 

WildZoo
Noble Dubz Dictator, Unyeetable Phasing Wolf
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
It's new and terribleWait have these vote counters been on the right side of posts this whole time or is this new
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
supershorty
Don't look so vexed, toots.
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Oh, don't worry, it's on the main forum page on the left for THREADS too.Wait have these vote counters been on the right side of posts this whole time or is this new
I want it to go away. Don't like it.
WildZoo
Noble Dubz Dictator, Unyeetable Phasing Wolf
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Why does it automatically give every post an upvote from the person who posted it? That makes no sense.
Maybe copying reddit?Why does it automatically give every post an upvote from the person who posted it? That makes no sense.
Does it give you a notification when someone upvotes or downvotes?
I do not like this
Similar threads
- Replies
- 5K
- Views
- 148K