Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Might have been me hearing wrong, but something about having to pay a fee to start regular payments again. I probably hear it wrong or it was a different provider.What bad stories did you hear?
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Might have been me hearing wrong, but something about having to pay a fee to start regular payments again. I probably hear it wrong or it was a different provider.What bad stories did you hear?
Is forbearance the only option you were given from whatever company manages your loans?
When I called with a similar financial situation, my loan provider had me sign up for IBR for a year which actually makes my payments $0 right now on both of my loans since I'm waiting to start a job and don't have an income yet. That was recommended over forbearance. I can still pay whatever I can afford towards my loans but I get the benefits of being on a repayment plan (vs. being in forbearance) and I don't have to re-submit the paperwork for IBR until next year even after I start my job which will hopefully give me some time to re-build my savings post-graduate school.
Do you and your pop have much in common? It almost seems like he is just finding something to talk to you about that is somewhat in line with your interests, not necessarily that he thinks your are a ***** of sorts. At least I can hope that's the case. 🙂my father just sent me an email telling me to be sure i always keep my dog on a leash and away from water because he heard about a lab that was eaten by a gator last weekend. i have 8 years of higher education and 3 degrees, and for goodness sake, i'm a veterinarian! i know things about animals! i am a fairly intelligent person. i do not understand why he continues to believe i am a complete idiot. sigh. (this type of statement comes frequently. my still-in-college brother however is much more competent apparently...)
I know multiple vets that don't keep their dogs on leashes, and we work right on a busy highway.my father just sent me an email telling me to be sure i always keep my dog on a leash and away from water because he heard about a lab that was eaten by a gator last weekend. i have 8 years of higher education and 3 degrees, and for goodness sake, i'm a veterinarian! i know things about animals! i am a fairly intelligent person. i do not understand why he continues to believe i am a complete idiot. sigh. (this type of statement comes frequently. my still-in-college brother however is much more competent apparently...)
my father just sent me an email telling me to be sure i always keep my dog on a leash and away from water because he heard about a lab that was eaten by a gator last weekend. i have 8 years of higher education and 3 degrees, and for goodness sake, i'm a veterinarian! i know things about animals! i am a fairly intelligent person. i do not understand why he continues to believe i am a complete idiot. sigh. (this type of statement comes frequently. my still-in-college brother however is much more competent apparently...)
My dog is rarely on a leash =/ Around major roads sure, but she's off leash the entire time we're at the barn...I know multiple vets that don't keep their dogs on leashes, and we work right on a busy highway.
My car. It got caught in the intake. This is unfortunately a common problem with this particular brand of car..Your "car" or your "cat"? 😛
What's your blood type? Turns out mosquitoes prefer the O type. So says the 20 bites on just one of my calves. Haven't counted up the rest.Ughhhh. A mere three hours on a hike and sad rock climbing attempt with my co-workers this week resulted in 40+ mosquito bites, including one on my frickin' eyelid. So I also get to look like an abuse victim for the next few days, what with swollen eyelid + rock climbing bruises + inability to stop scratching myself raw.
I hate being delicious.
I'm AB+ and I'd put money on Mosquitos preferring me over you. When I was in Belize, we went cave tubing. On the walk up the hill, the Mosquitos were awful. The guide said it would get better once we got into the water and into the caves because of all the bats in the caves. We were well into the caves and I still had a cloud around me. The guide was shocked and said "wow, I've never seen them this far in before. They must really like you!"What's your blood type? Turns out mosquitoes prefer the O type. So says the 20 bites on just one of my calves. Haven't counted up the rest.
Was just something I read in a fishing magazine. Wonder if there's any actual research on this.I'm AB+ and I'd put money on Mosquitos preferring me over you. When I was in Belize, we went cave tubing. On the walk up the hill, the Mosquitos were awful. The guide said it would get better once we got into the water and into the caves because of all the bats in the caves. We were well into the caves and I still had a cloud around me. The guide was shocked and said "wow, I've never seen them this far in before. They must really like you!"
I've read a bunch of actual research and so far the answer seems to be, yes Mosquitos significantly prefer some people over others, but no one really knows why just yet.Was just something I read in a fishing magazine. Wonder if there's any actual research on this.
I'm AB+ and I'd put money on Mosquitos preferring me over you. When I was in Belize, we went cave tubing. On the walk up the hill, the Mosquitos were awful. The guide said it would get better once we got into the water and into the caves because of all the bats in the caves. We were well into the caves and I still had a cloud around me. The guide was shocked and said "wow, I've never seen them this far in before. They must really like you!"
People tell me I'm great mosquito repellent for them too! I feel your pain. It sucks being a mosquito magnet. The only plus side is that as long as I don't scratch them, the bites I get are typically gone within 24 hours. The more often you are bitten by the same species of mosquito, the shorter the duration of effects. I was likely recently bitten by a different species of mosquito, and I had an itchy bump for several days.View attachment 194127 I dunno, I'm O+ and this is what my back looked like. My sister also came out similar (all of us in my family are O+), and everyone around us were perfectly fine. I'm like the best mosquito repellent to have around for others.
My bf is also O+ and got like no bites
People tell me I'm great mosquito repellent for them too! I feel your pain. It sucks being a mosquito magnet. The only plus side is that as long as I don't scratch them, the bites I get are typically gone within 24 hours. The more often you are bitten by the same species of mosquito, the shorter the duration of effects. I was likely recently bitten by a different species of mosquito, and I had an itchy bump for several days.
Oh sweet JesusView attachment 194127 I dunno, I'm O+ and this is what my back looked like. My sister also came out similar (all of us in my family are O+), and everyone around us were perfectly fine. I'm like the best mosquito repellent to have around for others.
My bf is also O+ and got like no bites
People tell me I'm great mosquito repellent for them too! I feel your pain. It sucks being a mosquito magnet. The only plus side is that as long as I don't scratch them, the bites I get are typically gone within 24 hours. The more often you are bitten by the same species of mosquito, the shorter the duration of effects. I was likely recently bitten by a different species of mosquito, and I had an itchy bump for several days.
Oh sweet Jesus
![]()

Are the accounts with the same bank? My bank does the same thing for paying my credit card but if I go through the mobile app as opposed to in person, or online, the fee just magically isn't there.My bank wants to charge me 3$ per transfer into my mortgage account. That's almost a $1000 by the time the mortgage is paid off. Why isn't there an easy way to transfer money between banks yet?
Starting to think I need a new bank. It's one thing after another lately.
Are the accounts with the same bank? My bank does the same thing for paying my credit card but if I go through the mobile app as opposed to in person, or online, the fee just magically isn't there.
They shouldn't be charging you for that. But can you set it up through your mortgage provider as a bill pay? Sometimes that can get around transfer fees.No the mortgage is through a different bank and needs to be paid out of a certain account at that different bank.
Meanwhile I do all my day to day banking with a bank that actually has locations near me. And they are being quite difficult about all this. But it's their own fault for offering me a crapy interest rate and making me go somewhere else for financing!
puppy?Lost my apple TV remote last night.. Husband and I have tore the house apart looking for it and it is no where to be found. This is really putting a damper on my summer binge watching Netflix plans. Bleh.
Lost my apple TV remote last night.. Husband and I have tore the house apart looking for it and it is no where to be found. This is really putting a damper on my summer binge watching Netflix plans. Bleh.
puppy?
he could hide it in his stomach or intestines, tooIt's such a little, slippery thing - I'd go for the cracks in the sofa first, like flip it backwards and check the liner. that sort of thing.
I don't think a puppy could do much than damage it - it's aluminum. But, puppy could hide it... maybe...
he could hide it in his stomach or intestines, too
Lost my apple TV remote last night.. Husband and I have tore the house apart looking for it and it is no where to be found. This is really putting a damper on my summer binge watching Netflix plans. Bleh.
It's such a little, slippery thing - I'd go for the cracks in the sofa first, like flip it backwards and check the liner. that sort of thing.
I don't think a puppy could do much than damage it - it's aluminum. But, puppy could hide it... maybe...
he could hide it in his stomach or intestines, too
There's an app for iOS (not sure about other systems) that's a remote for Apple TV. I have to use it when mine disappears too. 🙂
Yea we have leather couches that the cushions don't come out of but we have scooped out the sides and nothing except popcorn some change and a string cheese still in the wrapper (Thank God!) which was brown and hard- Who knows how long imtht has been there!!
Fred was laying in his crate the entire time it went missing so I Highly doubt he was involved lol.. Normally I complain about him choosing the crate over snuggling with me, but in this instance I am thankful because it pretty much rules him out haha
YES! My husband found this online while looking for a replacement remote and we have now converted my iPad and iPhone into a remote 🙂 thank you apple for actually saving me money for once lol
The only issue about the app is that you need a remote to set it up hahaha - Thank goodness my best friend has an Apple TV as well so we were able to get it set up today!
Hahahaha that would be sooooo funny!!!For a fun time, try taking an apple remote into a classroom, wait until it's nice and quiet, and then hit play. Some folks will have it disabled but some won't - iTunes will open and play whatever. Haha.
Our mission is to provide students with free, unbiased information, resources, and advising for careers in the health professions. We believe every student deserves access to trustworthy guidance, regardless of background or ability to pay.