Rare Gem Book For O-Chem Prep

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TheMotivator

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey,

Not many people talk much about the ACS O-Chem Book. I'm wondering, besides Chad's Videos & Destroyer, has anyone had positive experience with the ACS O-Chem book for he O-Chem section on the DAT?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I rank it a MUST book for OC. Only drawback and also most advantage is use the limited practice to cover all what you need know.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey,

Not many people talk much about the ACS O-Chem Book. I'm wondering, besides Chad's Videos & Destroyer, has anyone had positive experience with the ACS O-Chem book for he O-Chem section on the DAT?

Thanks!
Hmm...are we talking about the ACS Exam study guide? I had just taken the ACS before the DAT so I didn't study as much, but in my ACS prep the study guide ended up being pretty much exactly the same. As for the DAT, I don't think it covered anything that wasn't already in Chad's/Destroyer.

Hmm...are we talking about the ACS Exam study guide? I had just taken the ACS before the DAT so I didn't study as much, but in my ACS prep the study guide ended up being pretty much exactly the same. As for the DAT, I don't think it covered anything that wasn't already in Chad's/Destroyer.

Yes, I am referring to the ACS study guide for O chem, the one we use after O chem class in undergrad. So are you saying that the ACS study guide for o chem helped you out for the DAT's o chem section?

Yes, I am referring to the ACS study guide for O chem, the one we use after O chem class in undergrad. So are you saying that the ACS study guide for o chem helped you out for the DAT's o chem section?
I was trying to say that the study guide was pretty much the same as the ACS. As for the DAT, it is worded and tested so differently I wouldn't say it's a "great" resource. That being said, everything helps...