rate mcat examkracker reading comp for pcat

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MIkeNB

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Do you guys think MCAT examkracker reading comp is similar to the pcat. I just started studying from it for the reading comprehension but it seems as if it's different and an overkill

Members don't see this ad.

Well, I've never used it before, but I heard it is pretty good to prepare for that section on the PCAT. I heard that most of the examkrackers materials are good for PCAT preparation, though I have not used any.

I think if you have enough time, you can brush thru the craker. But to your advantage,:) it would be advisable to find pcat material.

i used the mcat practice exams from kaplan and princeton, but they got me frustrated. i had problems understanding the passages and the questions require you to think a lot. the pcat passages were much easier to understand and if you really understand the passages you can narrow down the answer choices to 2 or 1. i am assuming exam krakers are similar in difficulty to the kaplan exams because their passages were hard to understand. i used just the tips from this book and they helped alot.

I compared a few passages from this book to the PCAT Practise tests from Harcourt and like most posters said, the EK is overkill.