Rate my list of schools!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ashish89

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everybody, I've posted here before, and I've really thought hard about the schools to apply to. I've rearranged and removed schools due to my MCAT score. It'd be great if I could get some advice on how to proceed with the current list in my mdapps, and which schools to add/remove.

Thanks a lot!

Members don't see this ad.

Why so many OOS publics with very low rates of admission? Illinois, TN, Kansas, WV, Iowa, Ohio, etc? Unless there is some geographic preference for people from Indiana I am unaware of, you are wasting your money and effort on these...cut down the list and focus your efforts on the schools where you have a decent chance...

And what about Creighton? A good one for your stats profile, and not too far from home...

I think you have a good range of selectivity among your schools. Dartmouth and UChicago are a real reach, but one can dream.

Iowa takes a good number of OOS, but they won't consider you unless all your MCAT subscores are at least 10.

Illinois takes 22% OOS, so I'd go with that one if you are aware of what they charge for OOS tuition.

Wayne, Tennessee, Kansas, and Wright take very few OOS, and I wouldn't waste my money. Having a cousin in the state is not enough of a tie. Cincinnati takes 24% OOS, and is fine.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Remove:

Wright State
UChicago
Pitt
Michigan
Dartmouth
Wayne State

Consider adding Cincinnati, as the above poster mentioned.

great advice as always from everybody on this subforum.