Rate my school list

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Mehd School

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
3.4 cumulative, 3.5 science, and a 27 MCAT. The score still burns. :oops:

I'll be applying both MD and DO, though I don't need anyone on here to tell me what I already know about being a longshot for MD schools. I truly don't care where I end up so long as I like the school and feel that it's a good fit. Anyway, here are the DO schools I plan on applying to. Let me know what you think. Application will be sent out by week's end.

I live in the Gulf South, by the way.

Here are some of my pre-req grades and other relavant classes. I'm a Biology major (of course).
-Gen Chem 1/2 - A/B
-Physics 1/2 - B/A
-Biology 1/2 - B/A
-Organic 1/2 - B/C
-Histology - A
-Genetics - A
-Comparitive Anatomy - A
-Biochemistry - B :(

I do have a strong upward trend. My last 60 hours is something like a 3.8. I have something like 2000 clinical hours and have shadowed in nearly a dozen specialties. My research is being submitted to be published this summer, of which I'm a co(1st)author.

-NSU-COM
-Lecom-B
-Lecom-E/Seton Hill
-PCOM-GA
-LMU-DCOM
-WVU-COM
-WCU-COM
-Edward Via - Carolina
-OSU (Not an OK resident, that a problem?)

I was thinking about applying to some of the newer schools, like ACOM, but now I don't think that will be necessary with a 3.4/3.5/27.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
You should make this MD/DO with schools you are applying to, because if you're black like your mdapps says then you have a decent chance at MD. I think you'll probably get interviews at most of those schools. Why not add ACOM and CUCOM for backups?

Members don't see this ad :)

I'll be applying both MD and DO, though I don't need anyone on here to tell me what I already know about being a longshot for MD schools. I truly don't care where I end up so long as I like the school and feel that it's a good fit. Anyway, here are the DO schools I plan on applying to. Let me know what you think. Application will be sent out by week's end.

Here are some of my pre-req grades and other relavant classes. I'm a Biology major (of course).
-Gen Chem 1/2 - A/B
-Physics 1/2 - B/A
-Biology 1/2 - B/A
-Organic 1/2 - B/C
-Histology - A
-Genetics - A
-Comparitive Anatomy - A

I do have a strong upward trend. My last 60 hours is something like a 3.8. I have something like 2000 clinical hours and have shadowed in nearly a dozen specialties. My research is being submitted to be published this summer, of which I'm a co(1st)author.

-NSU-COM
-Lecom-B
-Lecom-E/Seton Hill
-PCOM-GA
-LMU-DCOM
-WVU-COM
-WCU-COM
-Edward Via - Carolina

I was thinking about applying to some of the newer schools, like ACOM, but now I don't think that will be necessary with a 3.4/3.5/27.

If you are an African American, you should apply to 10 MD and 5 DO at most...African American with your stats have a 80%+ of getting accepted to MD... I suppose your chances are much higher for DO. OSU should be taken off that list. What are your MD schools? Consider Indiana University because I have a friend who got in there with almost the exact stats as yours...

Last edited:
You should make this MD/DO with schools you are applying to, because if you're black like your mdapps says then you have a decent chance at MD. I think you'll probably get interviews at most of those schools. Why not add ACOM and CUCOM for backups?
I'm very well aware of my MD status and therefore don't need much input on here. I'm applying to ~10 MD schools.

And regards to the new DO schools ... I'd like to stay in the gulf, so CUCOM is out. And I was using WCU-COM as a "safety" school, if you'd call it that. I'd be thrilled to go to WCU, I'm just comfortably above their gpa and mcat averages, where as with NSU and LECOM I'm right at or a little above the average. Of course, nobody is safe in the game of admissions. WCU is still pretty new and have had issues with board scores and class schedules in the past. I'd really prefer to matriculate to a school that has somewhat of an alumni base and has most of the kinks worked out. Med school is tough enough without being a guinea pig. Of course that's only my opinion, and certainly nothing more than that.

If you are an African American, you should apply to 10 MD and 5 DO at most...African American with your stats have a 80%+ of getting accepted to MD... I suppose your chances are much higher for DO. OSU should be taken off that list. What are your MD schools? Consider Indiana University because I have a friend who got in there with almost the exact stats as yours...

My MD list is 10 schools. I'd like to remain in the south, also money is tight when applying. I'll see if I can squeeze in another. Thanks for the Oklahoma-COM suggestion, I thought I had read somewhere that they were a heavily in state school. Nixed.

Dr Goro rates list very highly! You're fine for any DO program, including mine. You might try your state MD school as well, if any.

-Gen Chem 1/2 - A/B
-Physics 1/2 - B/A
-Biology 1/2 - B/A
-Organic 1/2 - B/C
-Histology - A
-Genetics - A
-Comparitive Anatomy - A

-NSU-COM
-Lecom-B
-Lecom-E/Seton Hill
-PCOM-GA
-LMU-DCOM
-WVU-COM
-WCU-COM
-Edward Via - Carolina