RAVE HERE thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
BBC how many jobs do you have?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yup, I finished! My mom and I watched it together last night. She watched the entire series last winter, but I only joined her partway through and I never saw the last episodes. I will always love the private school years most.

Some of the writer-Rory stuffed bugged me. She was so entitled, and she was so under prepared for any of the big job meetings she went to. What the heck.

I loved Michel. He was always my favorite, but I missed Sookie (though there were probably a lot of scheduling conflicts to work out). The few minutes we had her for were too short, and Lane's part was also really minimal.

I think the Logan thing was pretty true to how their original relationship was structured, so while I didn't love it I didn't think it was out character for them.

Saying it felt diluted is the perfect way to describe it. The 4 episode seasonal approach sounded great in theory, but the execution could have been tighter.

Ugh. We spent so many years being told that Rory was this brilliant girl who was going to do things and then we come back to her not doing much of anything and being some entitled cheater. It was disappointing.

I loved when Emily put on jeans lol and the giant picture of Richard made me laugh

Exactly! She basically repeated the same untethered phase she went through when she left college and had her first relationship with Logan. She got her life together and graduated - and then went through it all again?

I guess a show about happy, mature people who communicate well isn't as much fun. :laugh:

Her back peddling to Logan annoyed me so much! I agree their relationship was true to their original relationship, which annoyed me even more :laugh:

I'd hope by 32 she'd be mature enough to not fall under his spell, but apparently not. I never liked Logan, and their relationship seemed so self destructive to me.

Rory did seem to be going through some quarter life crisis though, so I guess going back to her old college boyfriend makes sense in that context.

And yes! She was so entitled when it came to her writing. Congrats, you've had a few successful freelance pieces. Doesn't mean you deserve to get everything handed to you.

Reactions: 1 user
Her back peddling to Logan annoyed me so much! I agree their relationship was true to their original relationship, which annoyed me even more :laugh:

I'd hope by 32 she'd be mature enough to not fall under his spell, but apparently not. I never liked Logan, and their relationship seemed so self destructive to me.

Rory did seem to be going through some quarter life crisis though, so I guess going back to her old college boyfriend makes sense in that context.

And yes! She was so entitled when it came to her writing. Congrats, you've had a few successful freelance pieces. Doesn't mean you deserve to get everything handed to you.

And having two different empty houses offered to her to give her space to write bugged me. But maybe I'm just jealous. :laugh:

I know they were coming full circle, but I was sad at how they set up Jess to pine after Rory the way Luke did Lorelei.

You crazy! I had three jobs only very briefly (one semester). I'll never do that again.

I'm not working very many hours at any of them right now, haha, it sounds worse than it is. They are all amazing about working with me for scheduling. I haven't worked at the tour place in a little while since it is always dead until December.

And having two different empty houses offered to her to give her space to write bugged me. But maybe I'm just jealous. :laugh:

I know they were coming full circle, but I was sad at how they set up Jess to pine after Rory the way Luke did Lorelei.
I don't want him to pine. I love him. lol. He's come so far and really got his life together. He deserves better than Rory, or at least Rory needs to change first.

Reactions: 2 users

I don't want him to pine. I love him. lol. He's come so far and really got his life together. He deserves better than Rory, or at least Rory needs to change first.

The Jess scene made me so sad! He was my favorite and I wanted them to end up together. Until now. Cause Rory is the worst.

Reactions: 1 users
Free tickets?!?! That's not fair. OkState charges $250 for a student pass for the games. (Not that I actually go to the games, but still.)

Yes free! I've been spoiled. There's a lottery system so not everyone is guaranteed a ticket technically (the more games you go to, the higher priority you are for tickets) but I've never had an issue getting tickets. I only went to two games this year but football has been a huge part of undergrad for me. Gonna miss it...oooooh you go to OkState...we play you in football lol

Yes free! I've been spoiled. There's a lottery system so not everyone is guaranteed a ticket technically (the more games you go to, the higher priority you are for tickets) but I've never had an issue getting tickets. I only went to two games this year but football has been a huge part of undergrad for me. Gonna miss it...oooooh you go to OkState...we play you in football lol
hmmm I'm going to guess you go to a big 12 school (unless you're at one of the very small schools we played at the beginning). Hmmm Kansas State? Or where do you go?

Members don't see this ad :)
hmmm I'm going to guess you go to a big 12 school (unless you're at one of the very small schools we played at the beginning). Hmmm Kansas State? Or where do you go?
Negative. Big 12 School that is geographically distant from everyone else lol. West Virginia.

Ahhhhh forgot about that one. I have a bunch of really good friends at WVU in the engineering school!
Small world! The engineering school here is pretty big. I have a friend at OkState's vet school:)

Ohhhh. See we have strong opinions about Pitt here;)

I look forward to getting to play you guys again circa 2022 haha
I never really paid attention to the sports things when I was at Pitt - more into professional football and hockey than anything else. But my mom hates WVU with a passion!

I never really paid attention to the sports things when I was at Pitt - more into professional football and hockey than anything else. But my mom hates WVU with a passion!

Hahaha. Funny. My dad is like that too about Pitt, which is funny because I grew up less than an hours from Pittsburgh.

Small world! The engineering school here is pretty big. I have a friend at OkState's vet school:)
one thing I'm excited about is hopefully going to an east coast school where the states are a little closer together. I'm a Texas baby so I know the 8+ hour car ride it takes to get from one part of Texas to another. So it makes me happy.

one thing I'm excited about is hopefully going to an east coast school where the states are a little closer together. I'm a Texas baby so I know the 8+ hour car ride it takes to get from one part of Texas to another. So it makes me happy.

I'm an east coast baby and I've never even been west of the Mississippi so I definitely don't know what that is like lol.

sumilonlinelad_mainProductImage_Large.jpg
Figure skate: Note the toe pick. If you catch that in the ice you are doing a faceplant.
skate_c100_450x450.jpg
Hockey skate: Note the much smoother edges. You can fall backwards much easier in these. I find them a lot more sensitive to any changes you make in your balance.

Andddddddd thank you Canadian SDN ;)

Reactions: 5 users
I'm an east coast baby and I've never even been west of the Mississippi so I definitely don't know what that is like lol.
I found this nifty website where they layer two states together. It's kinda funny for example- Texas vs West Virginia
ImageUploadedBySDN1480878173.039781.jpg
Texas is obnoxiously big and it can be a hassle sometimes

I found this nifty website where they layer two states together. It's kinda funny for example- Texas vs West Virginia View attachment 211577 Texas is obnoxiously big and it can be a hassle sometimes
In 4th grade we learned that if you rolled out all of Idaho's mountains we'd be bigger than Texas

In 4th grade we learned that if you rolled out all of Idaho's mountains we'd be bigger than Texas
Hahaha that's actually really funny! In 4th grade they tried to teach us that the government is untrustworthy because of them dividing the Republic of Texas from its original size
ImageUploadedBySDN1480879912.488788.jpg

it goes back to my hatred of my 4th grade teacher (which I detailed in the Drunk SDN thread last night apparently haha)
I went back and read. One work: Sparkle.:laugh:

I hated my third grade teacher, does that count?

It'd be so bad. I mean, I never go up in that Colorado area but still. Texas would be huge.
So Colorado is really just Texas. You should get instate tuition to CSU

My 4th grade teacher also told us that Idaho's Montana boarder was all squiggly because the cartographers were really drunk when they mapped that side. I believed that for way too long.

She was one of my favorites. :D

I'll take ALL the IS tuitions. Colorado, Texas, Kansas, Wyoming, New Mexico, and Oklahoma. Thank you Republic of Texas.
Really, your God so you should just get instate everywhere

@cdoconn VMCAS

GPA: I am God
GRE Scores: I am God
Experience: I am God
Extracurriculars: I am God
Personal Statement: I am God

Reactions: 2 users
First snowfall! I wish my boyfriend wasn't making the 6 hour drive in it (he came to visit me this weekend!), but it's so pretty!