RAVE HERE thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
  • Today is the one year anniversary of me getting into vet school! (and me making this account to post about it lol)
  • Done with my first class of the semester! Five more to go.
  • Cocoa! Tea! Coffee! :biglove::biglove::biglove:
  • Eggnog! :biglove:
  • I'm making eggnog cupcakes and sugar cookies and no one can stop me
An update:
coffee.jpg

Coffee!
eggnog cupcakes.jpg

Eggnog cupcakes!
sugar cookies.jpg

Sugar cookies!
lil mac.jpg

And my cat, who was disinterested at best!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 12 users
Reactions: 10 users
Members don't see this ad :)
The Texas-shaped cookies are awesome!

Also, if you ever need a place to live, you have one. If you promise to bake delicious things, anyway. ;)
You might have to fight my current roommate for dibs. She brags to everyone she knows about my food.

Also I only have the TX cookie cutter for some reason. It's very festive.

Reactions: 3 users
I took the entire week off because I haven't taken a schedule day off since I started in May and am starting to feel a little burnt. Currently following my SO around on his residency interviews- free hotels, free lavish dinners, nice people. Must be why healthcare is so fcking expensive :confused:;). Excited to see where he matches in March and ready to start somewhere new. I'm so tired of this state, I don't know why I wanted to come back so bad.

Reactions: 1 users
2 finals today, after the second one we were allowed to look over our anatomy practicals from last week. Once again, I was told I made highest grade in the class :eek: (148/160) !! There was one station that tripped everyone up--I assumed it was a tendon and had marked it as such (kinda just made something up lol), but in the back of my mind I wondered "could it be the sciatic nerve because this is a rear leg and I don't think we've gone over any other tendons? nah, that's totally a tendon"...it WAS the sciatic nerve, oh well. Only one more final tomorrow and I'm free! (the worst final, a&p...:xf:)

Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Finals are over! (Biochem final went pretty poorly) but it's time to party!

Im so jelly! I have one Saturday (Yes, SATURDAY ugh) and two on Tuesday...so close but so far!

Reactions: 1 user
Im so jelly! I have one Saturday (Yes, SATURDAY ugh) and two on Tuesday...so close but so far!
That's terrible! My brother once had a final on a Sunday! I don't understand weekend finals. But you're almost done!! Keep pushing mmmdreamerz! You're doing so well (plus you have a couple interview invites to get you in the Christmas spirit!

That's terrible! My brother once had a final on a Sunday! I don't understand weekend finals. But you're almost done!! Keep pushing mmmdreamerz! You're doing so well (plus you have a couple interview invites to get you in the Christmas spirit!

Thanks cdoconn:)

You'll be hearing any day!!!!

I saw a snake necropsy for the first time this week! I always imagined them as just a giant stomach that goes from one end to the other . . . They are definitely way cooler than that. It was neat.

And I got off work 45 min early tonight, and tomorrow's pay day, and I have all afternoon tomorrow for Christmas shopping and cookies. :D I love this season so much.

Reactions: 6 users
I scored an Angelic Pretty lucky pack! Two dresses (reg $250+ each) for $125! Can't wait to see what I got!

(ETA: I realize no one here has any idea what I'm talking about, and if you do, we should be friends.)

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
100's of hours of coding later..my biostatistics take home final is done :soexcited:

What?! You'll be in my hood? Good luck! I'll be taking a final and then getting a free chair massage at lunch, then back to studying for the final on Friday.
I was there, wandering around campus briefly, and now gone again :) It was nice and warm there though! In the 30s! (for reference, it is below zero here)

Some little raves, but:
  • I'm down two shirt sizes since August
  • I finished my Christmas shopping for my family
  • I'm eating a baked potato for the first time in like two months :hungry:

Reactions: 11 users
Got a full nights sleep last night, am starting to drink lots more water, and my tummy looks flatter than it did before finals week. happy to be working on improving myself!

Reactions: 7 users
Checked my final grades and have all A's (even A&P)! Not that it'll count for this cycle, but if I don't get in anywhere, it feels nice to finally be making real progress towards a good last-45 :)

Reactions: 8 users
Checked my final grades and have all A's (even A&P)! Not that it'll count for this cycle, but if I don't get in anywhere, it feels nice to finally be making real progress towards a good last-45 :)

That's so great! Congrats!

I could only miss 6 questions out of 40 on the final to keep my A in chemistry. I just checked, and I got 35/40! I don't know why I cut things so close, but the same thing happened this summer with biochem (my other repeat class). I am so happy and relieved. :laugh:

Reactions: 12 users
I could only miss 6 questions out of 40 on the final to keep my A in chemistry. I just checked, and I got 35/40! I don't know why I cut things so close, but the same thing happened this summer with biochem (my other repeat class). I am so happy and relieved. :laugh:

My first semester of gen chem, I got an A by one question. Scary stuff lol

Reactions: 2 users
I needed a 90 on my bact final to keep my A in the class. I got a 90.4 o_O
Well, really I got a 77.9, but there was a nice curve :p

Reactions: 11 users
Our anatomy professor emailed out the key to our lab/practical final with little comments off to the side about some of the more interesting answers he received. Many of them are quite amusing.

There was one pin near the levator ani with the question "What region is this?". He wanted us to answer it as "ishiorectal fossa" (though, thankfully for me he did accept "perineal region", too); apparently more than a few people wrote "butt region".

There was another question regarding the aqueous humor within the anterior chamber. Among answers for those were "eye jelly" and "we never dissected this what".

Gave me a few much-needed laughs. :laugh:

Reactions: 15 users
So, my brother found a Keurig machine at Goodwill for $10. :D It works and is fabulous.

Reactions: 8 users