RAVE HERE thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I haven't even left my apartment today ahaha. But I managed to set up my new shelves and wall calander, and plant a bunch of the herbs i got for christmas :)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
I competed in a combined half marathon/5K race today (with over 1,000 other runners) and everyone was drenched by cold rain. No worries ... I finished the race and was happy with my time.

Before I left for the race, I asked my cat, "do you want to join me in this rainy weather race?" Nope, she purrrr-ferred to stay home, where it was warm and cozy, and where her cat kibble is located. I'm wondering if my cat is lazy ... or very smart!

Reactions: 19 users
I recently was gifted one of the Fossil Q watches that is a smartwatch but looks like a regular analog watch. I'm becoming a big fan. I was never into the Apple watches because I just don't like the look of them and most of the functions are what I have a phone for but the Fossil watches can be dressed up and have the health-type tracking. Best of both worlds:)

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
My kitty will never admit that he loves me but guess who just spent an hour sitting on my lap, purring, and receiving chin scratches?

He's such a sucker.

Reactions: 8 users
I start my new job tomorrow. While I'm excited about that I'm trying to decide what will be the best means of conveyance to downtown Columbus from where I live, long term. I'll probably drive the first week, but I have the option of taking an express city bus.

Driving myself:
- 30 to 40 minutes with morning traffic on the highway
- Parking garage space is limited but could cost me $90-120/month with a pass
- Surface lot parking is available a couple blocks away at $5/day (I don't know if monthly passes are available)
- I'll have to buy gas
- I'll have to deal with inclement weather and the stress it causes
- I can come and go as I please on my schedule (I can visit the little shops and restaurants after work)

Taking the Express:
- 30 to 40 minute commute with morning traffic
- 31 day pass is $85
- Morning commute would pick me up less than a block from my front door and deliver me across the street from where I'll be working
- Evening commute would pick me up across the street from work but I'm unsure of where I would be dropped off
- I could read/listen to music/etc. instead of focusing on driving (less stress)
- Express is purely a morning/early evening bus so if I miss the last one I'm kind of stranded
- Environmentally more friendly

I'm kind of leaning toward buying a bus pass while it's winter and seeing how that goes. I suppose if I ever had appointments or errands to run I could drive myself on those days and just pay the $9 fee for the parking garage.

Crazy day at work today. Super short staffed on vet techs, so I was way more hands on than normal. Highlights of the day include switching in to give CPR to a bunny and scrubbing in on a FB surgery (the dog ate the mat from a Twister game!).

Doing it wrong, RM. When we're short on techs, I go see all my patients, give out a list of dx/tx that I need, then sit in my chair and enjoy the break while they scramble to catch up.

;)

I think I'm going to New Zealand and Australia this summer! :D

My little sister is going for a few months and I'd be joining her after school is out for her last few weeks. She's probably staying through June but won't know for sure till Marchish. Hopefully it works out!

Reactions: 13 users

My little sister is going for a few months and I'd be joining her after school is out for her last few weeks. She's probably staying through June but won't know for sure till Marchish. Hopefully it works out!

Incredibly jealous. :p

Reactions: 1 users

Australia is absolutely beautiful! Hope it works out for you to go.

Australia is absolutely beautiful! Hope it works out for you to go.
Thanks! The only reason it might not is if she has to come back before June. By March she should know if she's budgeted well enough to last till June, so I'm waiting till then to buy my tickets!

I'm too much of a chicken to travel internationally on my own, so I wouldn't go if she wasn't still there :p

Members don't see this ad :)
I absolutely love my work family. They are the greatest group of people and always making coming home over breaks lots of fun. Compared to the horror stories I've heard from other people working as a tech, I got very very lucky when I found this job in undergrad.

Reactions: 8 users

Sounds like a fantastic opportunity! Hope you get to join your sister. The South Island of New Zealand is wicked magnificent!

Reactions: 1 user
Last semester of undergrad ever starts today. YAY.:clap:

Reactions: 7 users
don't be so excited. Undergrad feels like a vacation compared to vet school :p ;)

Haha touche. Remind me that when I'm complaining next fall. In the meantime, I'm really ready to ditch this popsicle stand.:D

Reactions: 3 users
Had my first post-op recheck today...everything is healing perfectly. I'm so excited, I haven't felt pain since I woke up from the surgery. The only possible complication is that one of my screws is longer than desirable since the first doctor shaved part of the bone so small...but it may never cause me pain. Worth it.

Two more weeks in a sling!

Reactions: 13 users
Girl Scout cookies go on sale Friday. I just thought that should be mentioned :biglove:

Reactions: 9 users
I love thin mints. I had originally supplemented myself with the chocolate mint milano cookies when girl scout cookies were out of season but now I think I actually like the milanos better, plus I can get them year round! :heckyeah:

I love thin mints. I had originally supplemented myself with the chocolate mint milano cookies when girl scout cookies were out of season but now I think I actually like the milanos better, plus I can get them year round! :heckyeah:
You know most GS cookies are manufactured by Keebler and can be purchased year round cheaper in different packaging? I believe thin mint are grasshoppers.

You know most GS cookies are manufactured by Keebler and can be purchased year round cheaper in different packaging? I believe thin mint are grasshoppers.

Keebler elves are my drug dealers

Since I owe so much gratitude to the people here for all of the kind words and vibes:
I PASSED MY BOARDS!!!

I really think the support that I had this time made all the difference.
I wanna like this a million times! Congrats!

Since I owe so much gratitude to the people here for all of the kind words and vibes:
I PASSED MY BOARDS!!!

Congratulations!!! I'm so happy for you!

I PASSED MY BOARDS!!!

Prayer circle worked! Yay!

@kaydubs and @kcoughli ... well done and congratulations on passing your Boards!
Very happy for both of you!!! :highfive:

CBcGRf7UQAAnHLo.jpg

Reactions: 6 users
I PASSED MY BOARDS!!!

So happy for you!

I PASSED MY BOARDS!!!

When I saw someone else post on FB earlier about passing, I immediately thought of you. I'm so happy to hear you passed! We all knew you could do it!!! :soexcited::highfive:

Reactions: 7 users