RAVE HERE thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
PLEASE TAKE PICTURES I LOVE PENGUINS SO MUCH

I saw one on the boat today but we were moving too fast to take the picture and I just cried. HE WAS SO BEAUTIFUL IN HIS TUX

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 6 users
So there's this beer that I absolutely love, but it's gotten really hard to find the past year or so, and my local liquor store couldn't even order it for me.
Well, the BF apparently remembered it from the one time I mentioned it, and drove around the tri-state area, collecting 6 packs from individual stores to make a complete case. At risk of sounding like an alcoholic, this may or may not be one of the best gifts I've ever gotten....

Reactions: 10 users
So there's this beer that I absolutely love, but it's gotten really hard to find the past year or so, and my local liquor store couldn't even order it for me.
Well, the BF apparently remembered it from the one time I mentioned it, and drove around the tri-state area, collecting 6 packs from individual stores to make a complete case. At risk of sounding like an alcoholic, this may or may not be one of the best gifts I've ever gotten....
Sounds like a keeper!

Members don't see this ad :)
The overnight shift on NYE wasn't too bad (major rave consider it was a weekend and a holiday), although it did still suck to be working NYE.

Main rave is that I received very unexpected flowers from a client. I didn't really do anything major for her and was just doing supportive care type treatments as she had been hospitalized for pancreatitis the week prior but it was a very nice gesture after a very chaotic and exhausting week of work.

Reactions: 1 users
Total anesthesia time tonight's esophageal FB, including scoping the stomach and proximal duodenum after removing the FB, just to be thorough ... 6 minutes. Total procedure time 4 minutes. RAWR.

(I love scoping things, but I am, like, the world's slowest at it. So a fast, successful procedure feels good.)

The overnight shift on NYE wasn't too bad (major rave consider it was a weekend and a holiday), although it did still suck to be working NYE.

I worked day shift 1/1 and it was bizarre.... Sundays are usually busy, especially on a holiday like that, and I was <SLAMMED> all morning, but then at 2PM or so they quit coming and I didn't see another case until my shift ended at 8. Was unreal.

Reactions: 6 users
Was feeling really bummed about vet school rejections and such so I went to a SoulCycle class, and it was an amazing workout and so empowering. Now I'm in a good mood for the first time in awhile. If anyone has a studio near them, I would highly recommend trying out a class!! They are so much fun and it's such a good way to forget about all of the stresses that come with our career choice (for an hour, at least haha)

Reactions: 7 users
My boyfriend comes home tomorrow! :biglove: He was studying abroad in China all semester, I haven't seen him since August 4th.

Reactions: 8 users
Everything is cancelled/closed for the next 24 hours because there's a chance of "snow". The south is hilarious, but I'll take it haha

Reactions: 5 users
Everything is cancelled/closed for the next 24 hours because there's a chance of "snow". The south is hilarious, but I'll take it haha

I definitely have had high school closures in the past due to either light snow or it just being really cold :laugh: AZ is so sad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I definitely have had high school closures in the past due to either light snow or it just being really cold :laugh: AZ is so sad.
In Arizona I've seen people panic because it rained so I really put nothing past them weather-wise. In their defense the only weather events they routinely get outside of hot or monsoon season are haboobs so I'll forgive them for thinking all weather is apocalyptic. ;)

Also when I went to HS in AZ we once had a school cancelation because it was so hot out :p

Reactions: 1 user
In Arizona I've seen people panic because it rained so I really put nothing past them weather-wise. In their defense the only weather events they routinely get outside of hot or monsoon season are haboobs so I'll forgive them for thinking all weather is apocalyptic. ;)

Also when I went to HS in AZ we once had a school cancelation because it was so hot out :p

So true. To be fair, monsoon season is fairly exciting weather-wise. But yeah, snow and/or rain on a regular basis... AZ cannot compute...

When the south freaks out because of an inch of snow I laugh because in Michigan we don't get school cancellations until -30 with wind chill or like 8 inches of snow :rofl:

I get WHY they freak out because they don't have any equipment to deal with it, but I still think it's hilarious.

Reactions: 3 users
When the south freaks out because of an inch of snow I laugh because in Michigan we don't get school cancellations until -30 with wind chill or like 8 inches of snow :rofl:

I get WHY they freak out because they don't have any equipment to deal with it, but I still think it's hilarious.

pretty sure I would die dealing with -30 wind chill (not really, but not sure how I would survive)

I knew people who didn't know how to turn their windshield wipers on! Never had to use them before... :laugh:

OKAY this is ridiculous. hahahaha of course people think AZ is a joke if they hear this...

Southerners have the right idea though. I don't want to be outside or do anything if it's less than about 20 out, so at least they have the good sense to cancel everything and quit for the day when any kind of cold inclement weather happens.

I mostly grew up in north florida, and during that snowpocalypse a couple years ago they in fact did cancel school in a "chance of ice". I remember we all emailed the superindindent pretending to be concerned parents :laugh:. But having spent my fair share of time in Indiana, Chicago, and a couple other midwestern states, it's definetly hilarious.

Southerners have the right idea though. I don't want to be outside or do anything if it's less than about 20 out, so at least they have the good sense to cancel everything and quit for the day when any kind of cold inclement weather happens.

26 degrees out today in Denver and it's so warm!!! Relatively speaking, of course.

Reactions: 2 users
26 degrees out today in Denver and it's so warm!!! Relatively speaking, of course.
This past week has been so freezing! I was glad it was warmer today, but it's hard to enjoy it when my mom texts me complaining that it was freezing when it hit 30 where she lives on the gulf. :p

Definitely stepped outside today and said "oh it's not too cold out" and then felt the glare of my bundled up classmate behind me who muttered "it's 3 degrees out"

I much prefer cold over too hot any day.

Reactions: 4 users
It's single digits here. Too damn cold. My boots were freezing to our sidewalk with even the smallest amount of moisture on them.

Had the best time meeting @hazelmoo tonight. I beat her in cornhole. But she was super good at foosball! And we got a free dessert!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Cornhole? Geez, what is that? I'll have to look that up on Google.

Okay, I found it ... it's a toss-the-bag game. Glad you got some free dessert - very nice way to end a week.

Reactions: 2 users

Okay, I found it ... it's a toss-the-bag game. Glad you got some free dessert - very nice way to end a week.
Yeah I feel like most people call it Cornhole, but a lot of people I know call it Bags or just bean bag toss. It's fun whatever you call it! :D Free dessert is the best dessert. :claps:

have to be careful when you look up terms like that on google...

Reactions: 8 users

Cornhole is a big deal here in Ohio :) A staple of most graduation parties and backyard BBQs, haha.

My barn jackets are former "nice jackets" that have holes, tears, stains for exactly that reason.

My old jackets didn't fit anymore :(

Luckily, horses don't ruin my clothing quite like a cow can and as of yesterday I'm done with farm animal rotations. I will miss them though! Even the stinky piggies.

Apparently my dad bought me a hair cut and color at the salon for today without me knowing until this morning. :love: Maybe I'll post a photo of the results later... still trying to decide what I want.

Reactions: 9 users
Apparently my dad bought me a hair cut and color at the salon for today without me knowing until this morning. :love: Maybe I'll post a photo of the results later... still trying to decide what I want.
I'm digging it. Photos attached. :3

*poof!*

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 15 users
I don't know if this really qualifies as a rave but today I was super responsible and I'm proud of myself. Got my oil changed, went shopping at three different stores without quitting in the middle, got groceries, and got gas and managed to get home without incident.

I know none of this is really a big deal, but I'm a huge homebody and have a lot of anxiety about driving so this was a good day for me. Plus, I finally have food after living off crackers and tea since Tuesday :p

Reactions: 11 users
I don't know if this really qualifies as a rave but today I was super responsible and I'm proud of myself. Got my oil changed, went shopping at three different stores without quitting in the middle, got groceries, and got gas and managed to get home without incident.

I know none of this is really a big deal, but I'm a huge homebody and have a lot of anxiety about driving so this was a good day for me. Plus, I finally have food after living off crackers and tea since Tuesday :p
Now I feel like I should go out and do something productive...

I can barely manage to do all of that in a week (same reasons you listed). Good job :D

Crazy day at work today. Super short staffed on vet techs, so I was way more hands on than normal. Highlights of the day include switching in to give CPR to a bunny and scrubbing in on a FB surgery (the dog ate the mat from a Twister game!).

Reactions: 15 users