RAVE HERE thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Bwahaha. It looks like 1% is about 10 votes.
Did you read the other guy's little bio? It ends with "AND…yes he is HOT!" ugh. :annoyed::uhno:

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Need Votes!

Manuary is a local (MN) contest put on by a radio station - several rounds of voting for men who are vying to raise $1500 for a charity of their choice.

One of our surgeons - Andrew Jackson - is working to raise money for Frankie's Friends, an organization that supplies grants to owners of pets who need critical/emergent/advanced care.

Please take the time to vote for AJ. It's super easy and quick. He was at 50% but is taking a lead, but we want to push it all the way. :)

Thanks, SDN!

http://www.mytalk1071.com/manuary-2017/?group=239

** As a bonus, if you vote, I promise to shut up about parentheses AND chili. **
Read website about Frankie's Friends - impressive! Does the "Silver Fox" provide services to Frankie's Friends, too?

Reactions: 1 user
Hahahaha. I did not. I just voted AJ and started a get-out-the-vote drive.
Yeah for Niles, it's a normal bio until the end, where they end on the bit about how hot he is. :barf:

Went incognito and voted AJ like ten more times just so that bio writer didn't win. hahaha

Reactions: 1 users
Read website about Frankie's Friends - impressive! Does the "Silver Fox" provide services to Frankie's Friends, too?

I know he has worked on Frankie's Friends cases in the past. And BP as an organization had a FF case in hospital all last week. I don't know how exactly it works - if they provide a straight-up financial donation, or provide donates services, or both.

Yeah for Niles, it's a normal bio until the end, where they end on the bit about how hot he is. :barf:

Went incognito and voted AJ like ten more times just so that bio writer didn't win. hahaha

I still can't figure out why AJ didn't submit a pic of him in scrubs holding some adorable little fuzzball he cut. Guaranteed victory.

I still can't figure out why AJ didn't submit a pic of him in scrubs holding some adorable little fuzzball he cut. Guaranteed victory.
Instant winner right there. Some people just like the challenge? Either that or he underestimated the power of the puppy vote.

I went digging. If you go to the FF website and into their 'Pet Inspiration' -> 'Top Stories' page, the first one is a case seen at our hospital by AJ. (Yes, you creepers, that is where I work.)

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
The other day I got to hold the puppies I helped deliver via emergency c-section and see how much they've grown! The procedure was on a Saturday before closing with only me (a volunteer) and a vet assistant assisting the relief vet. It was a crazy situation with the procedure and with another vet assistant refusing to help, but it turned out great for the patient and puppies so all was well! It was a warm fuzzy moment for me as a pre-vet. And very fuzzy because all five puppies were floofs .
ImageUploadedBySDN1485871822.794950.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 12 users
Need Votes!

Manuary is a local (MN) contest put on by a radio station - several rounds of voting for men who are vying to raise $1500 for a charity of their choice.

One of our surgeons - Andrew Jackson - is working to raise money for Frankie's Friends, an organization that supplies grants to owners of pets who need critical/emergent/advanced care.

Please take the time to vote for AJ. It's super easy and quick. He was at 50% but is taking a lead, but we want to push it all the way. :)

Thanks, SDN!

http://www.mytalk1071.com/manuary-2017/?group=239

** As a bonus, if you vote, I promise to shut up about parentheses AND chili. **

He won!

Reactions: 10 users
@cali_bear I want one!!!!

Also, a vet assistant refused to help? What in the world?

I totally asked jokingly (but completely serious because I'm one of the crazy people who love GSDs ). They were so fluffy and looked like my baby when she was a pupper!
ImageUploadedBySDN1485877354.901152.jpg

And some background on the situation...The clinic is a rural one, and one of the assistants (1 of 5 employees) has been having some drama with her hubs and having some personal probs so she wants to skip out early, not show up, be lazy, etc. so when the iso runs out during surgery (the assistant was tasked to change it and idk why it wasn't checked! ), all hell broke loose. The spare tank was changed quickly but only after the vet was screaming for that assistant to help (literally just finished suturing the mother's uterus at that point) while I'm trying to revive several puppies that have been in the mother way too long at that point (owner waited to bring the mama in, etc)....Safe to say that I won't forget that day . Plus... the employee is still there so there's that. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users