RAVE HERE thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just because the kids eye the candy you have in your van, does not make you... "eye candy"... ;)
So you're saying I shouldn't take the free candy from the man in the van?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Umm that's not what the man driving the truck said! He said he had puppies, kitties, candy, and a working HPLC machine for my thesis.
An important thing for you to learn at a young age is to never trust anything a man tells you

Reactions: 5 users
The other day I got to hold the puppies I helped deliver via emergency c-section and see how much they've grown! The procedure was on a Saturday before closing with only me (a volunteer) and a vet assistant assisting the relief vet. It was a crazy situation with the procedure and with another vet assistant refusing to help, but it turned out great for the patient and puppies so all was well! It was a warm fuzzy moment for me as a pre-vet. And very fuzzy because all five puppies were floofs . View attachment 214125

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
So cute! The only time I've got to watch a C-section the puppy was stillborn. :(

Wow, dead heat. Every time he pulls ahead by a percentage I open a new window to vote again and back to fifty-fifty.
I had that happening with me last night on mobile. Incognito mode doesn't mask IP address, so I wonder if our "extra" votes are actually counting?

Wow, dead heat. Every time he pulls ahead by a percentage I open a new window to vote again and back to fifty-fifty.

He's winning now! Was at 52-48 and then when I voted, it went to 55-45. Apparently, I'm very important and my vote counts extra.

Reactions: 7 users
Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
@LetItSnow, I have no idea what your voice sounds like. However
@LetItSnow, I just cast another vote for Dr. AJ.

Hope he prevails because everyone loves "Dr. Silver Fox!"

The Silver Fox won round 3 as well. I am insure when the next round of voting is, but thank you everyone for helping him this far!!!! You all rock!!!

Reactions: 6 users
I voted for a similar reason, in that I don't have to hear LIS's wrong opinion about chili any more lol
ezgif.com-9d6d9e41a2.gif

Reactions: 5 users
I voted for this like a hundred times because I never want to hear anybody on this forum discuss chili again lol
There is a chili cookoff here tomorrow and one of my (+bean) classmates who was arguing with my (-bean) friend about it on one of the interview days has been really aggressive about which recipe is going to win :laugh:

Meanwhile, I get to try 6 different kinds of chili for $3 :hungry:

Reactions: 7 users
There is a chili cookoff here tomorrow and one of my (+bean) classmates who was arguing with my (-bean) friend about it on one of the interview days has been really aggressive about which recipe is going to win :laugh:

Meanwhile, I get to try 6 different kinds of chili for $3 :hungry:
Our pharmacy school has a chili cookoff every year. Don't remember how much it was ($5 maybe) but I got to try over 20 different kinds

Need Votes!

Manuary is a local (MN) contest put on by a radio station - several rounds of voting for men who are vying to raise $1500 for a charity of their choice.

One of our surgeons - Andrew Jackson - is working to raise money for Frankie's Friends, an organization that supplies grants to owners of pets who need critical/emergent/advanced care.

Please take the time to vote for AJ. It's super easy and quick. He was at 50% but is taking a lead, but we want to push it all the way. :)

Thanks, SDN!

http://www.mytalk1071.com/manuary-2017/?group=239

** As a bonus, if you vote, I promise to shut up about parentheses AND chili. **

Edit - just kidding, I found the next round and voted.

Last edited:
If we can make AJ win, I will publicly disown my previous position and concede that Chili can have beans.
If he wins, will you try my vegetarian chili, with beans? Several meat eaters have eaten it and said they didn't even notice it was all veggie and they really enjoyed it.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
After 48 straight hours of either being in airports or on planes I am finally home. My dog and kitties gave me some awesome greetings after not seeing them for a month. Plus today I sat one row back from Aaron Carter. When I realized who it was part of me wanted to ask for a picture. My inner preteen could only think about the fact that Aaron Carter saw me snuggling a stuffed panda on a plane as I tried to sleep.

Sent from my iPad using SDN mobile

Reactions: 13 users
After 48 straight hours of either being in airports or on planes I am finally home. My dog and kitties gave me some awesome greetings after not seeing them for a month. Plus today I sat one row back from Aaron Carter. When I realized who it was part of me wanted to ask for a picture. My inner preteen could only think about the fact that Aaron Carter saw me snuggling a stuffed panda on a plane as I tried to sleep.

Sent from my iPad using SDN mobile
I would die. I LOVED Aaron Carter when I was a kid.

Reactions: 1 user