RAVE HERE thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I went to an escape room last weekend and it was so fun. As a date activity, I can see it being a bit awkward. You typically have to have a certain amount of people, so there would be a lot of strangers. At least you'd get an idea of how they react under pressure

Members don't see this ad.

I have a full weekday off instead of half with my new work contract, and maaaan sitting on my butt at home during the week is awesome.

Alternative was driving two hours for fourish hours of work and sucked. I'm so content right now.

Reactions: 11 users
I bought a cute dress at goodwill and didn't try it on first because I like to live on the wild side. It fits! I didn't waste $3.99 by being lazy! :D

I've only recently discovered the magic that is the dress/cardigan combo. Basically every cardigan matches every dress in my closet, I can throw them on and look half decent with 0 planning, and I'm blond so I can skip shaving for an extended period of time and it isn't super noticeable. Dresses match my lazy style so nicely. I wish I discovered this earlier.

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Husband renegotiated the Comcast contract so that we're paying ~$30 less per month. The real rave? IT INCLUDES ESPN :hardy:
Yay!!!

Okay, TRH, at our vet school there's someone who's car has your exact crab avatar as a sticker on their car and I always get really excited but forget to tell you! But I always think of you when I see that lol.

Reactions: 1 user
Yay!!!

Okay, TRH, at our vet school there's someone who's car has your exact crab avatar as a sticker on their car and I always get really excited but forget to tell you! But I always think of you when I see that lol.

I first I thought this said someone had my "exact car" and I was like "....how do you know what I drive" but then I realized what you meant :laugh: Do they have Maryland plates? It's the MD state flag superimposed on (what else) a blue crab which is basically the official state food and animal and flower and whatever.

I first I thought this said someone had my "exact car" and I was like "....how do you know what I drive" but then I realized what you meant :laugh: Do they have Maryland plates? It's the MD state flag superimposed on (what else) a blue crab which is basically the official state food and animal and flower and whatever.
I didn't look for Maryland plates actually!! I'll check when I see it next time!

I actually think of you every time I see that little crab on a car too. :roflcopter:

Reactions: 1 users
Went to a really cool meeting/ discussion today about turtle surgeries and got to take a break from the... err... the interesting experience that is first year, so that was really exciting! Plus I get to sleep in a little in the morning! :soexcited:

Reactions: 7 users
Went to a really cool meeting/ discussion today about turtle surgeries and got to take a break from the... err... the interesting experience that is first year, so that was really exciting! Plus I get to sleep in a little in the morning! :soexcited:

Those are seriously the little things Egg that keep my head up!! Tonight, after the this Micro exam that could be the death of me, I'm going to see IT with some of my class mates! We've been waiting for the perfect break in between exams to go.

Reactions: 1 users
Rave part: I am like, absolutely into a guy in a way that I don't think I ever have been before, or at least not in a really long time. I'm pretty sure he feels the same way. It's awesome and terrifying. :love:

Rant part: I am just recently out of a long-term relationship that was stagnant for years but was kind of what I needed while going through vet school and internships. And we still live together and he's being weird about this whole thing. I'm trying to find roommates so my ex can move out but it's not easy in the middle of a semester in a college town.

edit: way more rave than rant. like WAY MORE

2.5 days of work left until vacation...the amount of excitement I have can't be contained. Thursday night I'll be free from work for 11 days...

Reactions: 8 users
2.5 days of work left until vacation...the amount of excitement I have can't be contained. Thursday night I'll be free from work for 11 days...
I thought you put in a two weeks? Or is it 11 days between jobs? Either way, glad you're getting a much needed break.

Members don't see this ad :)
Got a call yesterday...I have a job interview next week for lab work!!!! Hopefully I'll get it so I have a decent main job between graduation in Dec. and hopefully vet school next August. More work=more money= less student debt :rofl:

Reactions: 3 users
airbnb fiasco update: Case has been dropped!

I don't know the circumstances surrounding their decision, but I also don't care at this point. I requested an update two days ago, and they replied telling me the host had yet to provide them with his side of the story/relevant information like the oven receipt or whatever. Last night, they told me they decided not to proceed with the case. Idk if the host backed out, if they reminded him they're waiting and he quickly provided some literal BS, or if the person on the case finally decided to put some thought into this.

A lawyer friend thinks I could have a lawsuit against airbnb but I'm not pursuing anything. Too much time/effort/stress.

I don't know the circumstances surrounding their decision, but I also don't care at this point. I requested an update two days ago, and they replied telling me the host had yet to provide them with his side of the story/relevant information like the oven receipt or whatever. Last night, they told me they decided not to proceed with the case. Idk if the host backed out, if they reminded him they're waiting and he quickly provided some literal BS, or if the person on the case finally decided to put some thought into this.

A lawyer friend thinks I could have a lawsuit against airbnb but I'm not pursuing anything. Too much time/effort/stress.
Glad to hear that it was all resolved and you didn’t have to buy an oven!! After this whole fiasco, do you think you will use airbnb again?

Glad to hear that it was all resolved and you didn’t have to buy an oven!! After this whole fiasco, do you think you will use airbnb again?
Honestly, probably not. It can be so much cheaper, but the idea of having to go through this again... This was only my first time using airbnb, and I have friends who have had great experiences, but ugh. This whole experience tells me that airbnb doesn't always do right by their guests (although I've read stories where airbnb thoroughly screws hosts, too). Just the customer service side of this was terrible. Being told conflicting information, being told I can't be helped, yada yada.

Edit: Although if I ever do use airbnb or similar service again, I'll be hella thorough in documenting everything. I had forgotten to take pictures proving I didn't trash the place because I was in a rush to hit the road on my checkout day. I'd be more careful about that next time.

Fwiw I've used airbnb multiple times and never had any poor experiences. And I have a friend who recently became a host for his split level place. But I've also never had any real concerns or anything other than straightforward stays.

Good riddance.

I have used AirBnB in Denver and in Portland (OR) many times. One place had a smelly bathroom with broken lights, kind of a musty place overall. I haven't done it again since. Never had issues like what you had, but I decided that hotels have their charms - and honestly, for those locations, the hotel may be the same price overall anyway. And the beds are usually better.

And there's always something that surprises you - like one place was a basement apartment and that was fine aside from some noisy kid footsteps starting at 9am or so... which was *okay*... but the ceilings were alarmingly short. I was okay. Husband, not as much... his hair brushed the ceiling in one spot. You really couldn't tell from the photos. Also, we hada bunch of ants in our luggage when we got back...

Yeah, I prefer hotels now. Lol.

I went to an awesome used bookstore today and found a lot of the books that have been on my to-buy list, plus an 1898 edition of Othello, and the book hoarder in me is very very happy.

And then I came home and counted how many used books I've bought in the last month and a half . . . and it's over 30 . . . and I should probably stop spending money like this until I've actually read them all. Then I can go buy more. :p

I've had an entire week of raves!! Thought this week would be horrible with 3 ROUGH exams on top of all the other random crap... 96% on my 1st Biochem exam, 102% on my 1st Genetics exam, and 2 interview invites.. :soexcited::soexcited:now I'm concerned all the bad luck will hit at once next week :nailbiting:

Reactions: 2 users
I've had an entire week of raves!! Thought this week would be horrible with 3 ROUGH exams on top of all the other random crap... 96% on my 1st Biochem exam, 102% on my 1st Genetics exam, and 2 interview invites.. :soexcited::soexcited:now I'm concerned all the bad luck will hit at once next week :nailbiting:
Your week sounded awesome!

Well done @CharDog14! :)

So I am cautiously happy with my life right now. I realized it last night that for my age group, I'm doing pretty well. I love my job (ditching my last job and taking a leap of faith was the best decision I ever made), I'm healthy (having finally found a treatment for my vulvodynia), I have my horse, I have a great group of friends, I have a promising relationship (after a minor setback that we resolved last night), I have a roof over my head and an income property. Overall, I think I'm adulting correctly.

Reactions: 13 users
Joining the cautiously happy group. I've been enjoying my job for the most part (hours are still long but it's nice not being an intern and having more freedom/time off and $$$), I've been hitting PRs in my lifts consistently, I have a potential guy who gives me those butterflies/smiles that I honestly don't think I've had since my first ex from 8 years ago, my sister and I are going to Spain in one month and things are just good. Hoping it stays this way.

Reactions: 16 users
I have a chronic health condition. It's been symptomatic lately, and not feeling good was starting to affect my school work. Just took dose #4 of a new med, and already feeling night and day better. :)

My food is on the way. If that is not a rave, I don't know what is.....

The downer is that the place I wanted to order from apparently shuts down delivery from the website really really early. :( Boo! I was going to get a big tasty salad and at least pretend that I made a good dietary choice but since that plan was shot to hell, pizza it is. Oh well, if I were really serious about eating healthier food I would buy groceries like a responsible person.

Finally had something with the VA work out in my favor, and I'm very happy with them for once.

The dermatologist in the area complimented me on my workup/discussion with an owner that I referred. Makes me feel like maybe derm is the thing for me. Just dont know if I can get a decent enough application together for this year or if I should wait a year...

Reactions: 4 users
I'm 99% sure I'm buying my first car this week! :D I looked at one this morning and we're checking out another on Tuesday. I'm so excited! I was pleasantly surprised with the one I saw today - it's a slightly younger version of the car my dad drives and the fact that he'd be jealous of it is a big selling point, as evil as that makes me. :p

Congratulations to the best two littles EVER (@SummerTheLynx and @brightimpressio) for completing the classroom portion of vet school and receiving their white coat today!!!! :highfive:

So proud of you two and can't wait to welcome you into clinical rotations!!! :love:

Reactions: 22 users
I'm 99% sure I'm buying my first car this week! :D I looked at one this morning and we're checking out another on Tuesday. I'm so excited! I was pleasantly surprised with the one I saw today - it's a slightly younger version of the car my dad drives and the fact that he'd be jealous of it is a big selling point, as evil as that makes me. :p
Aaaaaaaand neither car is going to work out. :rolleyes: I'm a little sad because I'm so ready to buy a car, but it's worth it to find something in better condition. The search goes on.

For the last two weeks, my faculty, co-resident and I have been teaching a small group style short course to the senior vet students. We broke all 100ish students who signed up for this elective up into eight small groups and they've been rotating through different sections in hematology, chemistry, urinalysis, and cytology each day. It's amounted to four straight hours of discussion sessions for each instructor each day. On top of that, we've still been expected to completely cover the regular clinic caseload, and we've had like 10-20% more submissions than normal each day too. Plus I had a grant due, need to prepare a stage presentation for a conference, and am knee deep in boards studying for phase 1 in March.

BUT, today, most of that is over, which is the rave. No more teaching for a while, I'm off clinics next week, the grant has been submitted, I've made some progress on my presentation, and I've got the weekend to study. And tonight I'm celebrating by doing nothing and I'm about to be in bed by 8 pm. I do enjoy teaching a lot, but I'm exhausted.

Last edited:
I’ve never been a cow person before, but we have a resident cow at our hospital and she’s the sweetest thing ever so if my study group is studying at school, we’ll go over to visit her on study break. She’s amazing!!!
I've maintained a love for cows since, like, my junior year of undergrad and every time I work with them I just love them more. I don't know if I would be comfortable making a career out of working with them but I take my cow time when I can get it.

Reactions: 2 users