RAVE HERE thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
My neighbors have the same fan/light in their front bedroom that we have in our living room, and both are controlled by remote controls. Sometimes they'll accidentally turn on our light or fan so we just turn ours off again.

Tonight our fan came on suddenly. So my mom took the remote to the front window and watched as she turned their light on, and then a few seconds later the light would turn off. And then my mom would turn it on, and they would turn it off. She put their fan on high at one point. She kept turning their light on and off until they finally hit the switch on the wall to turn it totally off. My mom and I were dying laughing.

She texted them a few minutes later asking if they were having problems with the light in their front bedroom lol

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 4 users
For a while, I've been hearing about a band I like playing a concert near me soon. Problem is, it's the Thursday night I close so I didn't think I'd be able to go which made me sad (lots of things I'm interested in doing happen when I close)

Couple weeks ago my old vet school roommate (current 4th year) texted me. ''I know you work a lot of Saturdays but this band is coming to Columbus and I wanted to see if you'd want to go." I looked at my schedule and amazingly I'm off!

Friend said I can stay at the house, asked the new girl in the house if it was fine to bring my dog. Response I got was new girl was fine and other old roommate really, really, really, really wants me to bring my dog. Sounds like Sadie has been missed :laugh:

So friend bought the tickets so we'd get seats together. Got a text the other day, "the tickets came with free CD's!"

Day off, inexpensive tickets, free CD's, good friends/old roommates, play date for my dog: I'm looking forward to this coming Saturday!

Reactions: 16 users
Meet Lil’ E. He loves butt pats and greets me by rolling on his back and showing his belly. He cuddles nightly and isn’t afraid to tell you when he’s hangry.

Attachments

• E3A9DFA5-DA20-4843-9460-39A5B9EA9525.jpeg
    E3A9DFA5-DA20-4843-9460-39A5B9EA9525.jpeg
    166.2 KB · Views: 102
Reactions: 10 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Not sure where to post this, but this is a rave, I think, lol.
I have been accepted to two schools so far, my number 1 and number 2 schools, and probably one of my favorite parts about it all is getting to unsubscribe from all the GRE prep emails. :soexcited: So yeah, GRE probably was the weakest part of my app. So happy I will never have to take that thing again. :)

Reactions: 8 users
Not sure where to post this, but this is a rave, I think, lol.
I have been accepted to two schools so far, my number 1 and number 2 schools, and probably one of my favorite parts about it all is getting to unsubscribe from all the GRE prep emails. :soexcited: So yeah, GRE probably was the weakest part of my app. So happy I will never have to take that thing again. :)
Nothing more satisfying than hitting that unsubscribe button and clearing out the email!
Congratulations by the way!:highfive:

Reactions: 1 user
I have a chronic condition that tries to kill me from time to time. We started a new med in late October, and it's working really well. I love it! It means that I'm up to 13 pills a day plus any PRNs I need (we're still adjusting my dose, I think the goal is actually 15), but if that's what it takes that's what I'll do. Most of October was one huge relapse, so I'm so relieved to feel like we might be getting a handle on this!!

For a while, I've been hearing about a band I like playing a concert near me soon. Problem is, it's the Thursday night I close so I didn't think I'd be able to go which made me sad (lots of things I'm interested in doing happen when I close)

Couple weeks ago my old vet school roommate (current 4th year) texted me. ''I know you work a lot of Saturdays but this band is coming to Columbus and I wanted to see if you'd want to go." I looked at my schedule and amazingly I'm off!

Friend said I can stay at the house, asked the new girl in the house if it was fine to bring my dog. Response I got was new girl was fine and other old roommate really, really, really, really wants me to bring my dog. Sounds like Sadie has been missed :laugh:

So friend bought the tickets so we'd get seats together. Got a text the other day, "the tickets came with free CD's!"

Day off, inexpensive tickets, free CD's, good friends/old roommates, play date for my dog: I'm looking forward to this coming Saturday!

Awesome concert! Sadie had a great time visiting our old roommates and dog friend. She didn't want to come home though. Went out the door and made it halfway to my car before Sadie was pulling me back to the front door of the house. Makes me wonder if I need to consider getting another dog for her to have a buddy

Reactions: 3 users
Awesome concert! Sadie had a great time visiting our old roommates and dog friend. She didn't want to come home though. Went out the door and made it halfway to my car before Sadie was pulling me back to the front door of the house. Makes me wonder if I need to consider getting another dog for her to have a buddy

Unrelated, but you met Gail when I visited OH last year, right?

The animal rescue/adoption group with whom I (and a few other docs at my AMC) volunteer each month is having a festive holiday party tonight. We love animals!

I'm bringing lasagna loaded with ricotta and freshly grated mozzarella cheese.

Hope everyone likes lasagna ... and hoping it looks good enough to eat.

Lasagna with Ricotta Cheese.jpg

Reactions: 14 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I finally got to visit an allergist today (and I get to see a pulmonologist in January). Yay, drugs! I’m hoping I can get my asthma better controlled. Plus, it’s good to know which animals I’m actually allergic to and which ones I just like to blame for my problems.

Reactions: 5 users
I just found out that I got a 4.0 for this semester, which is the first time I've gotten that in college!!!! (may sound lame but I ended freshman year with a 3.0 and just can't believe where I've gone from there):soexcited:

Reactions: 12 users
I just came here to get it off my chest: I GOT AN A IN PHYSICS. The topics that were taught were my Achille's heel in undergrad and somehow aced it at my CC. PLUS, I actually understood it. I am shook.

Reactions: 14 users
My brother comes home for Christmas tomorrow! We haven't had much contact since he started basic so I'm really excited to see him. :D

Reactions: 9 users
My brother comes home for Christmas tomorrow! We haven't had much contact since he started basic so I'm really excited to see him. :D
Congrats give him a high five from me. My airman went into basic in early nov 4 years ago and got out right around christmas so I know the feels. They are in Korea right now but at least I can talk to them :D

Reactions: 2 users
Submitted my first first-author publication to a journal today. I've done posters and non-peer reviewed conference proceeding stuff before, but this is the first real thing. Shoulda happened sooner, but I am a procrastinator to the core. Two more to go to meet my program's residency requirements.

Also I am probably applying to a real, adult job within the next few days? That's not scary at all. The residency end is in sight. But also still so far away...

Reactions: 15 users
Submitted my first first-author publication to a journal today. I've done posters and non-peer reviewed conference proceeding stuff before, but this is the first real thing. Shoulda happened sooner, but I am a procrastinator to the core. Two more to go to meet my program's residency requirements.

Also I am probably applying to a real, adult job within the next few days? That's not scary at all. The residency end is in sight. But also still so far away...

You can do it! It's so much better on the other side!!!

For most of my life horses were my hobby...and then half way through undergrad I sold my pony because I couldn’t do it all time-wise/financially and my life has been way too much vet med and way less everything else ever since.

And then I got my dog this summer and I finally feel like I have a life beyond vet med again. It’s wonderful. I’m having so much fun with her...we took our first agility class today and I think we both had a blast. We’re going to go to a CGC class next weekend and we’re going to start a weekly agility class after Christmas. So fun to have a young dog and be able to do all the things.:love:

Which is a good note to pre-vets not to give up your life because your so focused on getting into vet school...not healthy and by the time you figure out your mistake you’re probably really freaking burnt out...:hello:

For most of my life horses were my hobby...and then half way through undergrad I sold my pony because I couldn’t do it all time-wise/financially and my life has been way too much vet med and way less everything else ever since.

And then I got my dog this summer and I finally feel like I have a life beyond vet med again. It’s wonderful. I’m having so much fun with her...we took our first agility class today and I think we both had a blast. We’re going to go to a CGC class next weekend and we’re going to start a weekly agility class after Christmas. So fun to have a young dog and be able to do all the things.:love:

Which is a good note to pre-vets not to give up your life because your so focused on getting into vet school...not healthy and by the time you figure out your mistake you’re probably really freaking burnt out...:hello:

@mmmdreamerz This sounds exactly like my situation! I had to walk away from horses and riding years ago due to time/financial constraints.

My 15 yr old sheltie passed away a few years ago; I finally got another dog this year and he just lights up my life! :love: I look forward to getting home from school every day to spend time with him and do some training.

We just finished a novice obedience course and I am so excited to start doing agility with him! I forgot what it's like to have a young dog.... he's so spry and much faster than me at catching food that falls to the ground :laugh:

Reactions: 1 users
Home for the holidays with my husband and son!!! (okay, I got here Friday afternoon) It's only for 9 days, but it's so needed!

I got to take home my Game Cube and Nintendo 64 with all of the games and controllers from my nana’s house!!!! So I’m super excited to get to play all of those once I get them set up at my house!

I was feeling pretty crappy about the match, as I hadn't heard from a single program as of yesterday (not to mention all of the snapchats I've been getting of people showing off their interview invite emails that I had yet to receive...). Well, today I was invited to interview for 3/6 places I applied! Here's hoping they go well :xf:

Reactions: 24 users
I was feeling pretty crappy about the match, as I hadn't heard from a single program as of yesterday (not to mention all of the snapchats I've been getting of people showing off their interview invite emails that I had yet to receive...). Well, today I was invited to interview for 3/6 places I applied! Here's hoping they go well :xf:
WOOOOO YOU CAN DO IT I BELIEVE IN YOU

@PrincessButterCup thanking him for his service and hoping you had a great time!

Congrats give him a high five from me. My airman went into basic in early nov 4 years ago and got out right around christmas so I know the feels. They are in Korea right now but at least I can talk to them :D
@Old-Country-Vet-Tech thanking your airman for service and hoping you were able to send seasons greetings to each other!

The bf surprised me by having My favorite type of pizza and jalapeño cheesey bread delivered to work since I work 4pm to 2 am tonight and couldn’t spend tonight with him. He’s definitely a keeper.

Reactions: 11 users
Goin’ on the Star Trek Cruise tomorrow :D

Reactions: 1 users
Got to spend my 2nd to last day at work drinking wine and gossiping. Life is great!

Did a pole fit class with my best friend. It was a blast had entirely too much fun and awkwardness together. Next is to convince a few of the guys in our class to go

Reactions: 3 users
Did a pole fit class with my best friend. It was a blast had entirely too much fun and awkwardness together. Next is to convince a few of the guys in our class to go

I did a few classes with some friends from vet school. We had a blast. I was horrible at it as I'm not graceful (more a lift heavy weights kind of person) but I'd 100% do it again if there was a studio near me and I could fit it in schedule wise. I already have a hard time balancing Oly lifting, CrossFit and a regular gym routine.

We did a class for my friend's bachelorette party, and it was so amazingly fun, but I was sore as hell for days afterwards. 10/10 would do again.

We have a group of people that do Zumba once a week during our lunch break. It’s actually pretty darn fun to do with friends!

I've been struggling with something... a lot... but I do believe things are rather suddenly looking up!

Reactions: 8 users
Last edited: