Quantcast

Re applicant...leaving as "Degree Expected" instead of "Degree Awarded"

DATBooster | The Ultimate DAT Resource
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cp9321

Reaction score
I am re applying this year. ADEA left in all my courses from the last cycle, so I thought I was good to go. However, I graduated in December 2015 and it still has me listed as "Degree Expected-Dec 15". ADEA already has all my grades inputted because I sent in my updated transcripts in January 2016. However, I called and they said in order to change it to Degree Awarded, I need to reenter all of the courses and re send in my transcripts. My question is, is it a big deal if I just leave it as Degree Expected? I don't want to push off my application another few weeks if I have to resend in my transcripts.

cp9321

Reaction score
Bump. Anyone have any insight? I already sent in the transcript request form to my school just in case, but I'm still anticipating its going to be 1 to 2 more weeks before they get to adea and get processed. My application is done besides this.

xerxes106

Reaction score
Call AADSAS. They should be able to correct it for you pretty quickly.

wjc

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I second the call to AADSAS advice. I had the same issue last year. It took some wrangling with AADSAS so I would suggest you call them sooner than later.

Edit: Wow, I just looked, AADSAS never changed my degree-expected status last year either as a re-applicant. I thought they had! I must have blocked it out....the multiple unanswered phone calls to AADSAS, the people who said they would help and then produced no results.

So, I interviewed last year at the only school I applied to, so the degree status must not have been an issue. I am going to go ahead and roll with it this year because July is getting long in the tooth and it didn't hurt me last year.

Last edited:

cp9321

Reaction score
Thanks for the advice. Unfortunately I've tried calling them a few times now and they keep telling me I need to send in the transcript again.