Re-applicant WAMC

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted1070139

Overall GPA: 3.37
Science GPA: 3.23
DAT score (include AA and all sections): AA-20 TS-20 GC-21 OC-19 BIO-20 RC-21 QR-21 PAT-20
State of Residence: Georgia
Major: Microbiology
Minority? No
Reapplicant? Yes
Shadowing hours: 105 with general dentist (will be getting more next week, I've been getting all my vaccination and residency documents in order for my Masters in the fall)
Community Service hours: 60 (will be getting more starting next week, same explanation as the shadowing)
Letters of Recommendation: 3 (2 from science professors and 1 from supervisor at college of dentistry oral surgery clinic)
Volunteer hours: 111 (24 from a dental college general dentistry clinic and 87 from a dental college oral surgery clinic)
Research: None
Employment: Medical Records Custodian for local medical practice

SCHOOL LIST (SUBJECT TO CHANGE):
Creighton University
Dental College of Georgia
Marquette University
NOVA
Southern Illinois University
Texas A&M
Temple University
Ohio State University
University of Iowa
University of Missouri - Kansas City
University of Nebraska
University of Pennsylvania
University of North Carolina
Boston University
Tufts University
University of Pittsburgh
West Virginia University
University of Texas at Houston

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Overall GPA: 3.37
Science GPA: 3.23
DAT score (include AA and all sections): AA-20 TS-20 GC-21 OC-19 BIO-20 RC-21 QR-21 PAT-20
State of Residence: Georgia
Major: Microbiology
Minority? No
Reapplicant? Yes
Shadowing hours: 105 with general dentist (will be getting more next week, I've been getting all my vaccination and residency documents in order for my Masters in the fall)
Community Service hours: 60 (will be getting more starting next week, same explanation as the shadowing)
Letters of Recommendation: 3 (2 from science professors and 1 from supervisor at college of dentistry oral surgery clinic)
Volunteer hours: 111 (24 from a dental college general dentistry clinic and 87 from a dental college oral surgery clinic)
Research: None
Employment: Medical Records Custodian for local medical practice

SCHOOL LIST (SUBJECT TO CHANGE):
Creighton University
Dental College of Georgia
Marquette University
NOVA
Southern Illinois University
Texas A&M
Temple University
Ohio State University
University of Iowa
University of Missouri - Kansas City
University of Nebraska
University of Pennsylvania
University of North Carolina
Boston University
Tufts University
University of Pittsburgh
West Virginia University
University of Texas at Houston
do you have a connection to texas?

Remove UPenn and Pitt. Your cGPA is in the bottom 5% of incoming students for each of those schools and you don't have a high enough DAT or stellar EC's to offset this.
Remove UT-Houston and Southern Illinois. Both mostly only select in-state students.

Consider removing Iowa and West Virginia as each of these schools tend to prefer in-state students.

Consider adding LECOM, Augusta, Midwestern-IL, University of Kentucky, Meharry, and Touro.

Members don't see this ad :)
Remove UPenn and Pitt. Your cGPA is in the bottom 5% of incoming students for each of those schools and you don't have a high enough DAT or stellar EC's to offset this.
Remove UT-Houston and Southern Illinois. Both mostly only select in-state students.

Consider removing Iowa and West Virginia as each of these schools tend to prefer in-state students.

Consider adding LECOM, Augusta, Midwestern-IL, University of Kentucky, Meharry, and Touro.
Augusta is already on there, I refuse to go to New York

Last edited by a moderator:
If you have money, I guess it wouldn't hurt to at least make an attempt to Texas and NC schools. With that GPA, I would advise you take some more classes to boost and/or go for another DAT. I honestly have similar GPA, but I had 23AA 24TS. I think, if you do well on DAT, the adcom will at least look at your app just for your DAT.

Also, don't count USC and NYU out. You can apply for HPSP and see if you are selected for the scholarship before you make the decision to go to your dental school.

I really wish you well for the next cycle.

Last edited:
If you have money, I guess it wouldn't hurt to at least make an attempt to Texas and NC schools. With that GPA, I would advise you take some more classes to boost and/or go for another DAT. I honestly have similar GPA, but I had 23AA 24TS. I think, if you do well on DAT, the adcom will at least look at your app just for your DAT.

Also, don't count USC and NYU out. You can apply for HPSP and see if you are selected for the scholarship before you make the decision to go to your dental school.

I really wish you well for the next cycle.
California and New York are on my "no go" list. I've made alterations to my list and removed the Texas schools