Re-selling MCAT test prep material

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PerpetualStudent

Hopeful
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if it's legal to resell test prep material given from companies? I bought the class and no longer need the books, so I placed an ad on craigslist. I was e-mailed the company requesting I take the ad down. CAn someone tell me whether it is indeed illegal to resell your MCAT material?

Members don't see this ad.

Just put an ad on facebook or advertise at your school or to friends - someone will buy them.

Im sorry but SDN cannot condone or recommend any method of practice to resell your MCAT material. Please refer to the inside cover page of your book for more information about copywrite issues regarding the redistribution of your book. As SN2ed mentioned, if it is a book you have received from taking a prep class, companies make you sign a contract when you begin the class not to resell their material. If you have been contacted by the prep company, it is well advised that you heed their warning as legal actions can be taken. However, this does not mean that ALL books can not be resold.

Status
Not open for further replies.