re-studying for mcat

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

aspiringphysician190

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi guys! so i first started studying for the mcat last summer, and took 3 of the 4 aamc full lengths thinking i was going to take the test in june. i ended up having to cancel my mcat and have been studying to take the test this march, my question is - would it be beneficial for me to take the 3 aamc FLs i already took again and use them as some of the 8 practice FLs i was planning on taking - or should i just use them as practice questions throughout studying since i already saw the material last summer and they will not be a good indicator for me? thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

hi guys! so i first started studying for the mcat last summer, and took 3 of the 4 aamc full lengths thinking i was going to take the test in june. i ended up having to cancel my mcat and have been studying to take the test this march, my question is - would it be beneficial for me to take the 3 aamc FLs i already took again and use them as some of the 8 practice FLs i was planning on taking - or should i just use them as practice questions throughout studying since i already saw the material last summer and they will not be a good indicator for me? thank you!
You won’t remember enough of the questions after 6-8 months for it to affect your score much. I would say use them as practice FLs.

Reactions: 1 user
Agree with what's been said above. Re-take the AAMCs, but obviously save the one you haven't previously taken for last (since that will be the best indicator). Depending on how thoroughly you reviewed the old ones, your score might be slightly skewed, but it will be great practice regardless.

Members don't see this ad :)
Agree with what's been said above. Re-take the AAMCs, but obviously save the one you haven't previously taken for last (since that will be the best indicator). Depending on how thoroughly you reviewed the old ones, your score might be slightly skewed, but it will be great practice regardless.
great thank you!!

No harm in taking them again. They are great exams, the best out there. However, you will recall some things (even faintly) so your score will be a little inflated.

Reactions: 1 user