Re-taking MCAT Part 3

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

studliness

half man, half amazing
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I'll be taking the MCAT (for the 3rd time) on July 8th and am looking for some advice.

My previous two exams have scored as follows:

July MCAT: 7/7/11 (PS/VR/BS) -- 25O
January MCAT: 7/9/10 (PS/VR/BS) -- 26O

The first time around I studied with Kaplan and the second time I studied with EK. I've done well on my AAMC tests and have felt pretty prepared going into the exam. Consequently, I'm really not sure what I can do to further improve my score. I feel that I have a fairly solid BS score, so I doubt I'll work on that too much.

I took a few EK101 Verbal Practice tests during my 2nd time preparing for the exam and my score did improve (7 --> 9) in the VR section.

However, chemistry has been my downfall and I desparately need to improve that area. I'm considering getting the TBR Chemistry books but wonder if I'll have enough time to get through them all. Is it possible to get through these books in 2-3 weeks?

I'd be interested in some advice as to how I should prepare this 3rd time around. Obviously, motivation is an issue. I still have all of my old notes, but I feel that spending too much time reviewing content again would be a waste. I still have a Kaplan Online subscription, so I could potentially work on problems in the QBank.

My AAMC scores have ranged from 28-36 (avg: 32), so I'm really not sure where the problem lies.

I only have about 5 weeks until the exam, but feel that this is doable given that I've previously prepared for the MCAT twice.

I appreciate any suggestions -- thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

sounds like you need to relax on test day.... if you're scoring 30's you have it in you to pump one out....

you've identified chem as you weakness... review it again and pump yourself with practice problems via qbank or tbr and understand where your errors are coming from....

Good luck....

I'm going to take the test for a 3rd time as well. I am in the same boat as you except in verbal, the score just wont get better! I graduated w/ a chem degree so if you need help w/ any specific concept then I could prob help you out. Anyway, good luck to you!

I'm going to take the test for a 3rd time as well. I am in the same boat as you except in verbal, the score just wont get better! I graduated w/ a chem degree so if you need help w/ any specific concept then I could prob help you out. Anyway, good luck to you!

Thanks man -- I may be PM'ing you soon. :thumbup: