Re-use Committee Letter?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NoMorWastedTime

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I graduated with my masters in biology last year, and did not get into dental school due to a lot of reasons. Applied late, only a decent DAT score, ect ect. This year I am applying as early as possible (June), but was wondering if I can reuse the committee letter from my masters program, and add in a couple from my job and volunteer organization.

Any one know if reusing the committee letter is a good idea, or even possible?

Members don't see this ad.

Most schools expect your letters to be updated if you're a reapplicant. It's possible, but probably not the best idea.

Most schools expect your letters to be updated if you're a reapplicant. It's possible, but probably not the best idea.
Interesting. So now that I'm out of school I won't have any academic recommendations... Should I get a hold of just one professor to write me a letter?

Members don't see this ad :)
So I graduated with my masters in biology last year, and did not get into dental school due to a lot of reasons. Applied late, only a decent DAT score, ect ect. This year I am applying as early as possible (June), but was wondering if I can reuse the committee letter from my masters program, and add in a couple from my job and volunteer organization.

Any one know if reusing the committee letter is a good idea, or even possible?
My committee informed me to send them an updated resume if I had to reapply to dental school. Obviously, each panel may be different, but I would definitely contact them and ask if an updated resume would suffice.

I thought with a committee letter, you could have only one additional LoR? I may be mistaken though! I did a committee letter and a LoR from a dentist I know really well. I hope I helped in some way! Best of luck!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

My committee informed me to send them an updated resume if I had to reapply to dental school. Obviously, each panel may be different, but I would definitely contact them and ask if an updated resume would suffice.

I thought with a committee letter, you could have only one additional LoR? I may be mistaken though! I did a committee letter and a LoR from a dentist I know really well. I hope I helped in some way! Best of luck!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

You're right I did forget if I do go the committee route I will only be able to submit a dentist letter with it. Decisions, decisions..

Reactions: 1 user