Read if Parchment transcripts not received by AMCAS!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TheBayang

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just wanted to post a thread about this because I know I'm not the only one with this issue, and I was able to talk to AMCAS about it to get some answers.

My Parchment transcripts were delivered 5/5 but haven't been marked as received by AMCAS yet. According to the person I spoke with, they just became aware of this issue last week since they received a bunch of calls about it. Parchment deliveries are not showing up on their end. Their tech department has been notified and has been working on this issue since 5/18. They said there's no telling when this issue will be solved but hope to have it resolved by the end of the week.

Hopefully, this relieves some stress for some of you!

Edit: My transcripts were marked "received" by AMCAS on 5/21

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Any more info on this? My parchment verified delivery on 5/8 and still nothing, no response from email and phone kicked me off

that's really concerning- any idea if resubmission is worth it? I'm going to be pretty upset if my app gets delayed because of a few CC courses I took mostly in HS

Members don't see this ad :)
Any more info on this? My parchment verified delivery on 5/8 and still nothing, no response from email and phone kicked me off
are yours marked "received" yet?

Just a friendly reminder that AMCAS posts updates as to when they receive transcripts. I know today is May 28th, but they didn't update it yet:

As of May 27 AMCAS is:

Marking transcripts as "Received" that were delivered on May 18.
Please note, due to coronavirus restrictions there is a delay in processing paper transcripts.

Just a friendly reminder that AMCAS posts updates as to when they receive transcripts. I know today is May 28th, but they didn't update it yet:

As of May 27 AMCAS is:

Marking transcripts as "Received" that were delivered on May 18.
Please note, due to coronavirus restrictions there is a delay in processing paper transcripts.

I understand, but mine was shipped on May 7th so it should have been delivered well before the 18th

nope. to clarify: mine were etranscript from parchment- according to parchment they were downloaded by AMCAS on 5/8 and still have not been marked as received on my portal. Tried calling about 8 times over the week and it won't even let me join the call waiting list. I emailed too and only got a generic response. So as of today I swallowed the extra $20 and am trying it again

That is probably the best course of action for now. Is there a chance you entered the IDs in incorrectly? Also I've had the best luck by calling first thing in the morning. AMCAS opens at 9 am EST I believe.

I'm pretty confident I got the ID's right, plus my other 3 transcripts not through parchment got in no problem.

Last edited:
Im sure there is just a delay in paper processing. I’ll give it a few more days

This might be a dumb question for me to ask, but to ensure you cover all your bases, did you send your transcripts ALONG with the AAMC transcript request forms? The instructions on attaching the form along with the transcription is sometimes not very clear...

Finally “received” Friday night. Not sure if it was due to my paper transcript or the fact I had my registrar email them a copy too

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey all,

My school does transcripts through Parchment but is not officially accepted by AMCAS. Because of this year's circumstances, it's my understanding that AMCAS *will* accept my transcript digitally.

What should I put for recipient email address when I send request my PDF transcript?

Should I go ahead and order my transcript or have my registrar email [email protected] and ask for "instructions"

Thank you sooo much!!

Is anyone still having issues with Parchment? I ordered my transcript on 5/08, and it was delivered on 5/11. Never got a response. I ordered two more times (because I was like wtf where is my transcript) on May 25th and June 1st. Still no word about transcripts being received from Parchment. Close to having a heart attack at this point and sent about 15 emails to AMCAS. (Also almost fought my registrar lady through email, shame on me, I'm gonna follow up with an apology to her).

But seriously is anyone still unable to get their transcripts from Parchment marked received? It's been more than 3 weeks since my first transcript, another week since my second, and 4 business days since my last one.

Is anyone still having issues with Parchment? I ordered my transcript on 5/08, and it was delivered on 5/11. Never got a response. I ordered two more times (because I was like wtf where is my transcript) on May 25th and June 1st. Still no word about transcripts being received from Parchment. Close to having a heart attack at this point and sent about 15 emails to AMCAS. (Also almost fought my registrar lady through email, shame on me, I'm gonna follow up with an apology to her).

But seriously is anyone still unable to get their transcripts from Parchment marked received? It's been more than 3 weeks since my first transcript, another week since my second, and 4 business days since my last one.
I still haven't gotten mine marked either

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Not sure if other people were still having this problem, but I ordered a transcript through Parchment which was delivered 5/25 (late I know :( also I didn't realize they were having so many problems at the time). I've been trying to get in contact with them and finally got through this morning (6/11), only to find out that they're still having problems and need to "physically index" the Parchment transcripts.

They said that they're able to submit an "escalation request" to try to find my transcript but will need 3 business days to get back to me, after which I might need to request my CC to send a transcript by email if my original one can't be found.

It's just frustrating because I submitted my application a week ago but it's still on hold due to this one CC transcript, and AMCAS is so hard to get in contact with (tried email, phone, twitter for the past week and only just got through to someone today).

Not sure if other people were still having this problem, but I ordered a transcript through Parchment which was delivered 5/25 (late I know :( also I didn't realize they were having so many problems at the time). I've been trying to get in contact with them and finally got through this morning (6/11), only to find out that they're still having problems and need to "physically index" the Parchment transcripts.

They said that they're able to submit an "escalation request" to try to find my transcript but will need 3 business days to get back to me, after which I might need to request my CC to send a transcript by email if my original one can't be found.

It's just frustrating because I submitted my application a week ago but it's still on hold due to this one CC transcript, and AMCAS is so hard to get in contact with (tried email, phone, twitter for the past week and only just got through to someone today).
I am in the exact same boat! I ordered through Parchment and had my transcript delivered on 5/26, and then re-ordered on 6/2, and then realizing they are having issues, I asked my CC to resend via email on 6/10. Out of the 200 or so times that I've called over I got AAMC on the phone maybe 2-3 times and finally got them to submit an escalation request last week, but still no word. I emailed AMCAS, tweeted, called, etc, but there is no clear timeline of when it will processed or why this is happening. Apparently, students from my CC have been having issues with AMCAS for Parchment delivery. Have you received your transcript yet?

Reactions: 1 user
Mine was marked as received on 6/11

Reactions: 1 user
My etranscript from my CC was delivered/downloaded by AMCAS on 5/19. It was never marked as received, so I freaked out and I sent them 3 more etranscripts via Parchment with them being delivered/download on 6/3, 6/6, and 6/16. On 6/17 my case was finally escalated per my pre-med advisor calling into AMCAS bc I couldn't reach anyone for the longest time. I was told to wait an additional 10 business days for them to physically index my case. So now, I'm back on the waiting game until 7/1. Can anyone say if getting your case escalated definitely works or not?

My etranscript from my CC was delivered/downloaded by AMCAS on 5/19. It was never marked as received, so I freaked out and I sent them 3 more etranscripts via Parchment with them being delivered/download on 6/3, 6/6, and 6/16. On 6/17 my case was finally escalated per my pre-med advisor calling into AMCAS bc I couldn't reach anyone for the longest time. I was told to wait an additional 10 business days for them to physically index my case. So now, I'm back on the waiting game until 7/1. Can anyone say if getting your case escalated definitely works or not?

Not sure if case escalation works for sure, but you can try calling Parchment and asking them to contact AMCAS for you to figure out the status of your transcripts. You can also ask your CC to email a copy of your transcript to the AMCAS instead of going through Parchment, although since you've sent 4 transcripts already I'm not sure if this'll be necessary, as you'll likely be asked to wait 10 business days for email processing as well, and you've already sent the escalation request.

If you plan on calling the AMCAS again, some tips are to call as early as possible (9am EST, 6am PST), before all the PST people typically wake up. Call repeatedly until you get through (can take 20+ calls) and when you're put on hold, leave your name/phone number while keeping your place in the queue so they can call you back.

Escalation hasn't worked for me. I've asked them to do it a gazillion times. I've been waiting since early May.

Also using parchment, it says it was delivered on June 6 but hasn't been marked received. Is there anyway to know? I feel like I wasted so much money now if my transcripts aren't going to go through.

I think AMCAS may have missed it since according to their website, "Marking electronic transcripts as "Received" that were delivered on June 10 and paper transcripts as "Received" that were delivered on June 9." Only way to know is to call AMCAS, although I suggest not waiting in queue and rather, leave a number for them to call you back.

I got the confirmation by Parchment that AMCAS received my transcript on 5/27, but they still haven't processed it.

Edit: Contacted my school, who then called AMCAS and made sure my transcript was received!
I couldn't get a hold of AMCAS through their phone at all.

Last edited:
I got confirmation from my school that AMCAS downloaded my transcript on June 18th, but still have not processed it. The AMCAS website says that they are processing transcripts that were delivered on June 19th so I'm a little worried. Does anyone have any updates concerning AMCAS fixing the issue with Parchment?

Got notification on June 4th that AMCAS downloaded my transcript but still hasn't process yet.

Hey guys, I sent in my transcript via Parchment on 5/22. AAMC hasn’t updated it on my app yet. Just called them today and they told me to wait 14 business days. WTF is this ****show. I’ve already waited over a month and now they expect me to wait another 1/2 month?! When will schools even take a look at my primary? Plus an additional 8 weeks verification period. Wtf is going on. I’m so enraged rn.

Hey guys, I sent in my transcript via Parchment on 5/22. AAMC hasn’t updated it on my app yet. Just called them today and they told me to wait 14 business days. WTF is this ****show. I’ve already waited over a month and now they expect me to wait another 1/2 month?! When will schools even take a look at my primary? Plus an additional 8 weeks verification period. Wtf is going on. I’m so enraged rn.

Yea it's a mess right now.

Every time I call to ask about the situation with the transcripts the phone hangs up on me. Does anyone know any other options? I've also e-mailed multiple times about this with no response.

Sent June 15 still not recurved. What to do ? Past dates

Wanted to share that a third e-mail I sent yesterday(first e-mail sent a week ago-no response, a second e-mail also sent yesterday- no response) received a response this morning at around 9:15 saying they would escalate my case and by 9:30 I received another e-mail from amcas that my transcript was received. Now my app is ready for review. It seems like multiple e-mails worked for me so keep trying to e-mail them about your issue.

Expect to have to call 20+ times to get through (probs more like 50 times), and like HouseJC said, leave your number so that they call you back instead of staying on hold (I've been disconnected that way before).

For people who received a notification recently that their transcript was downloaded, expect at least 10 business days before it is marked as received by AMCAS.

For those whose transcripts are past 10 business days or the date that AMCAS is currently processing, send an escalation request via the method described below (from Coronavirus (COVID-19) and AMCAS).

"To escalate your transcript processing inquiry, please email [email protected] with the below information. Please note, escalated cases can take up to 10 business days to complete.

Subject: Transcript Status

I am requesting that my case be escalated as it has been X days past your posted status.

• AAMC ID
  • Applicant name
  • Vendor, if applicable (Parchment, National Student Clearing House, etc.)
  • Mode sent: email, fax, mail, or electronic vendor
  • Institution/school sending transcript
  • Date transcript was sent"
I would also recommend contacting your institution or calling Parchment, as they can directly contact AMCAS to get an update on your transcript status.

Expect to have to call 20+ times to get through (probs more like 50 times), and like HouseJC said, leave your number so that they call you back instead of staying on hold (I've been disconnected that way before).

For people who received a notification recently that their transcript was downloaded, expect at least 10 business days before it is marked as received by AMCAS.

For those whose transcripts are past 10 business days or the date that AMCAS is currently processing, send an escalation request via the method described below (from Coronavirus (COVID-19) and AMCAS).

"To escalate your transcript processing inquiry, please email [email protected] with the below information. Please note, escalated cases can take up to 10 business days to complete.

Subject: Transcript Status

I am requesting that my case be escalated as it has been X days past your posted status.

• AAMC ID
  • Applicant name
  • Vendor, if applicable (Parchment, National Student Clearing House, etc.)
  • Mode sent: email, fax, mail, or electronic vendor
  • Institution/school sending transcript
  • Date transcript was sent"
I would also recommend contacting your institution or calling Parchment, as they can directly contact AMCAS to get an update on your transcript status.
Should I have another transcript sent in the mean time or keep escalating this one ? Don’t want to find out later it’s lost

also does parchment have a number I could only find an email

Should I have another transcript sent in the mean time or keep escalating this one ? Don’t want to find out later it’s lost

also does parchment have a number I could only find an email

If you have only sent in one copy of your transcript, I would recommend sending one more, or potentially ask your institution registrar to email a copy to AMCAS directly instead of using Parchment. If you have sent more than one transcript already, I wouldn't send another one, as the number of transcripts AMCAS has received this year has already shown to be overwhelming. Just FYI though even if your registrar emails a copy over, it is likely that you will still be held to the 10 business days of processing time in the case that your first transcript can't be found.

You can call the Parchment Student Support Center at 833-781-7235.

My transcript was finally marked as received today (sent 6/18 via Parchment)! I emailed them last week and called them yesterday. The lady I talked to on the phone sounded annoyed, but it seems to have worked. I called exactly at 9am EST and asked for a call back. Also give you DID# if you have it (Parchment/your school will have it).