reader glasses

This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bdyoon

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just found out that I need to wear +0.75 strength reading glasses.
I don't want to spend too much money on it. Do some drug stores carry 0.75 strength? It seems like the lowest strength sold in my area is 1.00
Any help would be appreciated.
Thank you

Members don't see this ad.

darn. That means I gotta go and get a prescription glasses...:mad:

Members don't see this ad :)
darn. That means I gotta go and get a prescription glasses...:mad:

I'm not sure if you're an OD student or not. Your school or an employer should be able to provide this to you relatively cheaply. Talk to a local optical lab and they might be able to do the lens for free especially since its just a simple Rx, and SV. They want your business when you get out of school.

I'm not sure if you're an OD student or not. Your school or an employer should be able to provide this to you relatively cheaply. Talk to a local optical lab and they might be able to do the lens for free especially since its just a simple Rx, and SV. They want your business when you get out of school.

Hi, I'm actually a pharmacy student. My school, Pacific University actually has a optometry program as well. I checkout their clinic and the cheapest frame I found was 40 bucks. Although we do get 25 % off. Still, that's too much I think since I'm poor...

Just buy the +1.00 readers. I am sure the extra 0.25D won't kill ya.

I agree, I always say..."What's a quarter diopter among friends?" +1.00 should be fine.