reader glasses

Started by bdyoon
This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

bdyoon

Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I just found out that I need to wear +0.75 strength reading glasses.
I don't want to spend too much money on it. Do some drug stores carry 0.75 strength? It seems like the lowest strength sold in my area is 1.00
Any help would be appreciated.
Thank you
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
darn. That means I gotta go and get a prescription glasses...😡

I'm not sure if you're an OD student or not. Your school or an employer should be able to provide this to you relatively cheaply. Talk to a local optical lab and they might be able to do the lens for free especially since its just a simple Rx, and SV. They want your business when you get out of school.
 
I'm not sure if you're an OD student or not. Your school or an employer should be able to provide this to you relatively cheaply. Talk to a local optical lab and they might be able to do the lens for free especially since its just a simple Rx, and SV. They want your business when you get out of school.

Hi, I'm actually a pharmacy student. My school, Pacific University actually has a optometry program as well. I checkout their clinic and the cheapest frame I found was 40 bucks. Although we do get 25 % off. Still, that's too much I think since I'm poor...