Ready to pay more taxes!??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Trump is amazing. Look at that stock market go.

I speak for everyone when I say, thank you President Trump.

No doubt you also thanked Obama when unemployment went down and the stock market went up.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
No doubt you also thanked Obama when unemployment went down and the stock market went up.

I was saying to myself, Obama is creating a bubble even worse then the previous guy. I really hope an obnoxious businessman becomes president next to fix this mess.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I really hope an obnoxious businessman becomes president next to fix this mess.

Arguably better than a career politician who will lie and cheat and do anything else under the sun to win... Killary we’re talking about obviously.

Hell, after she stole Bernie’s opportunity from under his feet and he still endorsed her... I’ll never give either of those two my vote, and it turns me off from voting for the Democratic Party in general.

Pot needed some stirring .

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Sky is falling over here, idk about y’all. All that money I got back, it’s too horrible. Companies are coming back and unemployment is the lowest it has been since I can remember. Trump is just so aweful.

Seriously folks, Trump is the real deal. America is back. We are done selling out to special interests.

Who knows, maybe even Donald Trump can fix the oversaturation of Pharmacy.

No, you are going against the Narrative! Trump was sopposed to be this aweful person CNN warned me about. All the pharmacists on the forum said the sky was falling and that this would be horrible. Why is it not horrible? Why is Trump fulfilling his promises? (Sarcasm)

Those factors have always affected the amount on withholding on your paycheck. And mine did not change from last year to this year. The rates have decreased. You should check with friends and family. I for one can't wait to file next year and see how much more I'm getting back. Enjoy your extra spending money everyone.

That was a bubble. And the unemployment stat was baked because it included people who lost their full time job and had to pick up 2 more jobs just to stay afloat.

That was a bubble. And the unemployment stat was baked because it included people who lost their full time job and had to pick up 2 more jobs just to stay afloat.

Lol how dense can you be. So you know for a fact that those people who had two jobs now have one full-time job under Trump? What makes this economic recovery more authentic than the fake news one we had under Obama?

Don’t get me wrong, I love paying lower taxes. But I don’t understand why the national debt was this huge emergency under Obama but now we shouldn’t worry about it. And obviously this is a bubble, you can’t possibly think a huge tax cut during a time of economic growth is fiscally responsible. It’s just a matter of win the bill will come due.

Because companies are coming back. Trump is reversing the anti sovereign policies Obama put in, and it’s beautiful. Why should we be stuck paying extra taxes like the Paris climate accord, when China (the country that polluted the most) is exempt?

The national debt (that started under bush and ballooned under Obama) is concerning. The republicans think we will be able to grow our way out of the debt with the new prosperity (more jobs=more people to pay taxes=more money) but I don’t think so. My theory is the USA will default on the debt and the equivalent of bankrupted and wipe the slate clean in a sense. The only thing propping up the ridiculous debt is the faith in the US Dollar. So when the dollar and faith in the dollar is destroyed, what will the world turn to for world currency? China dollar? Euro? I don’t think so, and this is where I think a deal will be made.

Also note that Trump is very smart in pulling us out of extra things we have to pay for, like TPP and the Paris climate Acorred.

So, you can call me dense, silly, and even stupid. That is fine. I, and millions of Americans made the correct choice and the USA is roaring back. The engine of prosperity has been jump started, and you can either choose to live in the dreary distopia you paint for everyone with “Muh Drumph, Muh Russia investigation”, or you can choose to be thankful that we have a pro American president in the White House.

Lol how dense can you be. So you know for a fact that those people who had two jobs now have one full-time job under Trump? What makes this economic recovery more authentic than the fake news one we had under Obama?

Don’t get me wrong, I love paying lower taxes. But I don’t understand why the national debt was this huge emergency under Obama but now we shouldn’t worry about it. And obviously this is a bubble, you can’t possibly think a huge tax cut during a time of economic growth is fiscally responsible. It’s just a matter of win the bill will come due.

Last edited:
Because companies are coming back. Trump is reversing the anti sovereign policies Obama put in, and it’s beautiful. Why should we be stuck paying extra taxes like the Paris climate accord, when China (the country that polluted the most) is exempt?

The national debt (that started under bush and ballooned under Obama) is concerning. The republicans think we will be able to grow our way out of the debt with the new prosperity (more jobs=more people to pay taxes=more money) but I don’t think so. My theory is the USA will default on the debt and the equivalent of bankrupted and wipe the slate clean in a sense. The only thing propping up the ridiculous debt is the faith in the US Dollar. So when the dollar and faith in the dollar is destroyed, what will the world turn to for world currency? China dollar? Euro? I don’t think so, and this is where I think a deal will be made.

Also note that Trump is very smart in pulling us out of extra things we have to pay for, like TPP and the Paris climate Acorred.

So, you can call me dense, silly, and even stupid. That is fine. I, and millions of Americans made the correct choice and the USA is roaring back. The engine of prosperity has been jump started, and you can either choose to live in the dreary distopia you paint for everyone with “Muh Drumph, Muh Russia investigation”, or you can choose to be thankful that we have a pro American president in the White House.

USA! USA! USA! (It felt right)

There is so much stupid here that my head literally hurts reading it.

The economy is mostly on autopilot from the previous administration/machinations of The Fed being that Trump and the GOP congress just passed their first bill that actually affected the economy like a month ago. The US economy has been "roaring" back since like 2010.

Also, the dollar losing world hegemony would be very bad and you don't look forward to it theoretically happening. Not that it will. You also clearly don't understand how the national debt works if you think the faith in the US dollar is going anywhere unless someone does something idiotic on a scale the world has never seen...

Most of these companies that people mention as a positive result of the trump tax cut are only giving one time bonuses to employees. These bonuses are a very small percentage of the projected tax savings they will get in the first year of the tax cuts. I might be persuaded to believe the cuts were a good thing if more companies would give significant raises instead of bonuses.
Unemployment has been measured the same way under obama and trump so saying it was faked under obama means it is a fake number under trump.

Members don't see this ad :)
I still love how people think the market reacts to what is happening now and not the future.

Obama did nothing but create a bubble. Trump is trying to fix it. Will he? No, but he's trying.

The biggest thing is that he is pro business. He is trying to cut regulations and red tape.

Like you said, will he fix the bubble? Prolly not, but it’s a lot better than what we had.

I still love how people think the market reacts to what is happening now and not the future.

Obama did nothing but create a bubble. Trump is trying to fix it. Will he? No, but he's trying.

How exactly is Trump trying to fix a “bubble” that Obama created?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

“The US economy has been roaring since 2010” oh yeah, I forgot how wonderful the ACA and regulations that came with it were for the economy.

If this is how you think, maybe you deserve the Pharmacy market as is right now. Lucky for you, this economic revival might just help Pharmacy.

You will prolly still complain, even after saving money and saves the US from the globalistic takeover that was in progress. That’s fine, Trump is the Hero America deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So you’ll hate him. Because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian. A watchful protector. A Dark Drumpf.

There is so much stupid here that my head literally hurts reading it.

The economy is mostly on autopilot from the previous administration/machinations of The Fed being that Trump and the GOP congress just passed their first bill that actually affected the economy like a month ago. The US economy has been "roaring" back since like 2010.

Also, the dollar losing world hegemony would be very bad and you don't look forward to it theoretically happening. Not that it will. You also clearly don't understand how the national debt works if you think the faith in the US dollar is going anywhere unless someone does something idiotic on a scale the world has never seen...

aka I don’t know jack

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not writing a book to help you understand. Go do some research yourself.

Rather than getting upset at each other, I see it as people in this thread having different investment styles. The only true arbiter in the end is the stock market. We're all here to make money right? I think having different opinions gives me a broader perspective on investing that I can use to make my final decisions. No need to get upset because someone doesn't agree with your investment style.

“The US economy has been roaring since 2010” oh yeah, I forgot how wonderful the ACA and regulations that came with it were for the economy.

If this is how you think, maybe you deserve the Pharmacy market as is right now. Lucky for you, this economic revival might just help Pharmacy.

You will prolly still complain, even after saving money and saves the US from the globalistic takeover that was in progress. That’s fine, Trump is the Hero America deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So you’ll hate him. Because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian. A watchful protector. A Dark Drumpf.
I honestly can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not.

I made some charts comparing tax brackets from 2017 to 2018.
Single.png

Singles will see a 3-4% drop, except for the increase from 28% to 32% between 157k-191k, and 2% increase above 200k. However, this should be balanced out by the 3-4% decrease in the lower tax brackets.
MFJ.png

MFJ will also get a 3-4% drop but also a substantial 9% drop from 33% to 24% between 233k-315k.

None of these comparisons take into consideration deductions and exemptions. Basically, personal exemptions have been replaced with a higher standard deduction and higher income eligibility for the child tax credit. However, this means more people will be taking the 12k/24k standard deduction instead of itemizing, especially since state and local income and property tax deductions are limited to 10k. You need to work it out for your own situation.

The new tax withholding tables were designed to give you the benefit of the lower tax brackets and higher standard deduction, right now in your paychecks. If your W-4 allowances are set correctly, you probably won't see any additional refund on next year's tax return.

Yet the market keeps going up, that's where tax reductions help everyone

Yet the market keeps going up, that's where tax reductions help everyone
This is awesome for the top 20% income wise that own 92% of the stocks in us citizens hands. And 1/3 of the market is held by foreigners. The average person who voted for trump is not going to be rewarded by an increase inn the market.

This is awesome for the top 20% income wise that own 92% of the stocks in us citizens hands. And 1/3 of the market is held by foreigners. The average person who voted for trump is not going to be rewarded by an increase inn the market.

Didn't realize pharmacists weren't in the top 20%.

I bet your bank account isn't complaining

Did you know Bernie Sanders was in the top 1% earners during his presidential running year? Pretty funny when he's talking about inequality. Why doesn't he just give that all away? Clearly he doesn't think anyone deserves to make that much.

Guess what? He won't just like no other liberal would without being forced.

In terms of the world, last time I saw the statistics, anyone making >32,000/yr is in the top 1% of earners worldwide.

And if you don’t invest/learn the stock market and use it to your advantage, that sucks for you. Not my problem if you don’t. Who cares how much the top earners have in the stock market... worry about yourself.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Did you know Bernie Sanders was in the top 1% earners during his presidential running year? Pretty funny when he's talking about inequality. Why doesn't he just give that all away? Clearly he doesn't think anyone deserves to make that much.

Guess what? He won't just like no other liberal would without being forced.

So your argument is liberals don't give away all their wealth therefore they shouldn't want to increase government services? Makes sense.

How many Republicans in Washington serve in the military and yet we still have an army. How odd.

So your argument is liberals don't give away all their wealth therefore they shouldn't want to increase government services? Makes sense.

How many Republicans in Washington serve in the military and yet we still have an army. How odd.
A more appropriate analogy would be voting for the draft which would be involuntarily taking people’s freedom from them, much like taking their money

Actually my point was simply like aways politicians say whatever they have to, to get elected.

Well that and all the millions of liberals could just give half their money away and let other liberals have everything for free. Instead like aways, no one wants to do things themselves. They want to force everyone into their ideologies.

Still how can a person bring in a million dollars and preach about inequality? He could easily create a scholarship or something and give out full scholarships.

What am I thinking though, he wants the money.

I've always wondered why California doesn't just raise it's taxes to 50% and give everything away for free.

I'm very curious what kinds of people would still live there.

What I'm gathering is that:

Things are going well in the economy but the president is not from my party? BUBBLE!
Things are going well in the economy but the president is from my party? what bubble?

Nope still a bubble

. So you’ll hate him. Because he can take it.

I think his Twitter account will show that he can't take it. At least it's entertaining!

My workplace sent an email saying the new withholding should be active on the next check. I'm expecting about $200 more than before. I'm probably just going to throw it into an ETF and forget about it.

I think his Twitter account will show that he can't take it. At least it's entertaining!

My workplace sent an email saying the new withholding should be active on the next check. I'm expecting about $200 more than before. I'm probably just going to throw it into an ETF and forget about it.

Hilariously enough, my paycheck actually increased by a bit. I think the withholding is still incorrectly conservative, but we'll see. I wonder how many people are going to pay the underpayment penalty for not withholding enough or gave Uncle Sam a huge 0% interest free loan.

The people that live their now. The ultra rich looking down on everyone from their ivory towers, the homeless that are pooping everywhere, and the ultra left wing “progressives” who are bad at math anyway and don’t have enough common sense to leave.

I've always wondered why California doesn't just raise it's taxes to 50% and give everything away for free.

Man, this entire thread is just full of dem propaganda. You realize your mainstream media overlords and economist "Experts" have been wrong about every single thing for almost 2 years already right? Were you not pissed off when you sold off all your stocks because a trump win would "Crash the market?" or maybe you guys don't even participate in stocks and investments and just parrot gloom and doom media talking point to scare and deter others off from investing so they can stay stagnant with the finances. Like a bucket full of crabs.
You guys are pharmacists, not social justice warriors. Ignore the identity politics fake news and give credit when your finances are looking good. Mines certainly are.

I think anyone who is not a complete slave to mindless PC drivel would know exactly what kinds of people would still live there

“We are just more educated, so we naturally vote democrat”

I heard this all the time on my college campus and it drove me insane. I would also say in response “hmm, must be cold up there in that ivory tower with a methane leak”

Man, this entire thread is just full of dem propaganda. You realize your mainstream media overlords and economist "Experts" have been wrong about every single thing for almost 2 years already right? Were you not pissed off when you sold off all your stocks because a trump win would "Crash the market?" or maybe you guys don't even participate in stocks and investments and just parrot gloom and doom media talking point to scare and deter others off from investing so they can stay stagnant with the finances. Like a bucket full of crabs.
You guys are pharmacists, not social justice warriors. Ignore the identity politics fake news and give credit when your finances are looking good. Mines certainly are.

People lounging around at Starbucks all day "studying" reminds me of social justice warriors. If they only used that effort to find and work an actual job... that'd be better for California.

Most of these companies that people mention as a positive result of the trump tax cut are only giving one time bonuses to employees. These bonuses are a very small percentage of the projected tax savings they will get in the first year of the tax cuts. I might be persuaded to believe the cuts were a good thing if more companies would give significant raises instead of bonuses.
Unemployment has been measured the same way under obama and trump so saying it was faked under obama means it is a fake number under trump.

Notice the chronology of the Dem BS. First they swore to you that your taxes would actually go up. They also swore to you that the 1%'ers and the CEO's of these companies would just be taking all these tax cuts and buying private jets and golden bathtubs etc. Now that the exact opposite happened, they have shifted to saying the positive effects are not enough instead of they will never happen.
I agree with the unemployment numbers point though. The way they count unemployment is flawed whether for obama or any other president. Part time gigs should not count the same as full time career jobs. However, if you do want to see progress, check the numbers of manufacturing jobs produced by obama in 2016 vs trump in 2017.

Gotta say that was the greatest state of the union speech ever!!!

So proud to be an American!!!!

It was better than I expected. So many complete sentences and so few breaks to shoot out a quick tweet.

It was better than I expected. So many complete sentences and so few breaks to shoot out a quick tweet.

That would have been extremely funny had he actually stopped and tweeted.

Fact check: TRUE

This dude is electrifying when he speaks.

Now CNN will play a 10 second sound bite and cut off to a panel of 6 dems to complain about it for an hour.

It's sad when people can't realize everyone has a different opinion/thoughts.