ApacheIndian

philomath
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Apr 4, 2002
543
1
Earth
Funny :eek: lol ? Some of those are downright SCARY to me :confused: ! I don't know what I'd do if I got asked some of those lol... a couple of my favs...

What is wrong with society today?

How does the Constitution of the United States start?
(could somebody please answer this one, just in case ;))

On a scale of 0-100 rate the effort you put into the following: undergrad, grad school, med school. And then tell me how much you have in reserve to put into a residency program.
(story of my life lol)

I see that you are interested in skiing. Please explain to me the physics of the new side-cut skis.

What would be the most telling question you would ask of a residency applicant? Now answer it.

I swear I'm such an OCD type person that I'm almost tempted to devote a day to coming up with good answers for all of 'em lol...
 

Spidey

Leorl's official stalker
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 5, 2002
1,271
0
Canada
Status (Visible)
I hope they make me play operation... I always win at that game, they would realize after seeing my performance that I have the skills to become a world reknown surgeon and hire me on the spot ;)
 
About the Ads

racergirl

Senior Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Apr 30, 2001
625
23
Status (Visible)
Originally posted by Dr. Cuts


What is wrong with society today?

How does the Constitution of the United States start?
(could somebody please answer this one, just in case ;))


"We the People of the United States, in order to form a more perfect union, establish justice, ensure domestic tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general welfare and ensure the blessings of liberty to ourselves and our posterity do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America."

That's the preamble, baby! Known it by heart (as long as I sing it) since I was like 5. Thank you School House Rock!
 

ApacheIndian

philomath
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Apr 4, 2002
543
1
Earth
Originally posted by racergirl


"We the People of the United States, in order to form a more perfect union, establish justice, ensure domestic tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general welfare and ensure the blessings of liberty to ourselves and our posterity do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America."

That's the preamble, baby! Known it by heart (as long as I sing it) since I was like 5. Thank you School House Rock!

Very impressive :)... I'll have to remember it... I mean, you never know right ;)?
 

Stormreaver

The Blade of Tyshalle
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 1, 2002
409
0
43
Oklahoma City
Status (Visible)
How about this one (which I actually got asked!)

"Gary Kasparov was beaten by Deep Blue in chess. Which was more intelligent, Kasparov or the computer?"
 

Stormreaver

The Blade of Tyshalle
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 1, 2002
409
0
43
Oklahoma City
Status (Visible)
OK-- the mathematician Alan Turing postulated that a machine/computer could be considered intelligent if it could fool somebody it was having a conversation (virtual or real) with that it was not a machine but human. I said that since deep Blue did not satisfy the Turing Test, it could not be considered intelligent in the first place.
 

proffit

ovary mcnugget
15+ Year Member
Jul 24, 2001
101
0
illadelph
www.whatsbetter.com
Status (Visible)
Originally posted by Stormreaver
OK-- the mathematician Alan Turing postulated that a machine/computer could be considered intelligent if it could fool somebody it was having a conversation (virtual or real) with that it was not a machine but human. I said that since deep Blue did not satisfy the Turing Test, it could not be considered intelligent in the first place.

But the turing test determines whether an AI is conscious, it doesnt gauge intelligence, no? Consciousness and intelligence are by no means related.
 

Stormreaver

The Blade of Tyshalle
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 1, 2002
409
0
43
Oklahoma City
Status (Visible)
What exactly do you mean by "conscious"? I presume you're using that as in "sentient" or as in "sapient"? I'm not sure whether the Turing Test measures sentience or sapience. I agree that it is not a measure of intelligence per se, but it is a marker of Artificial Intelligence which in itself is not Intelligence but Sentience.

(Love this discussion)
 
About the Ads
This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

  1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.