Reallly Bummed about USC

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RxGirl

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I just got a letter from USC (southern Cali) saying that I am still on the "active consideration" list, after having accepted about 92 students. This means more waiting for me.... I don't know why they don't reject anyone already? I would like to know whether I am rejected or not now. Being put on hold is not very fun especially when you really want to go to that school. They have interviewed about 300 students and have not rejected any yet. Anyone else going through this dillema???

Members don't see this ad.

I had a friend from BU who went through this exact same ordeal. She was way below on the waiting list. However, on the first week, some students didn't show up, they called her up and gave her a seat. She took immediately and now she is sitting ugly in USC pharm school. She hates pharm school and have decided to go pharm school. So be sure that pharmacy is your forte before you even go and pay the overpriced tution that USC has. Peace!

RxGirl said:
Hello,

I just got a letter from USC (southern Cali) saying that I am still on the "active consideration" list, after having accepted about 92 students. This means more waiting for me.... I don't know why they don't reject anyone already? I would like to know whether I am rejected or not now. Being put on hold is not very fun especially when you really want to go to that school. They have interviewed about 300 students and have not rejected any yet. Anyone else going through this dillema???

It's only February. You still have several months (from now until August) to be admitted/rejected, so hang in there. :) As more and more people receive their acceptance letters from the UCs within the next month and half, they may decline USC's invitations and that'll move you up onto the acceptance list. But to answer your question from a previous post ("Has anybody ever interviewed in November at USC (Southern California) and been rejected in the past???? "), I just found out from my friend that s/he interviewed last year (not in November though, dunno if that means anything to you) and never made it off the waiting list. There's still hope, like I said. :)

Members don't see this ad :)
RxGirl said:
Hello,

I just went to USC interview on 2/12. The dean said no rejection letters will go out until after the fourth and final interview session which is in March. So around April will be when the first rejection letters will be sent. There were about 150 of us there and he said he will notify us of our status in 3-4 weeks. About 40 of us will be accepted the rest will also be on the active consideration list. He did say that the waiting list does move very fast and not being accepted immediatley does not mean that you will be rejected. So hang in there!!

RxGirl- A lot of students are put on the infamous "active" waiting list until April when the majority of the students are accepted. I hope everything will work out for you.

As a student interviewer, it was really tough for me to give interviewees not so favorable evaluation. Sometimes, I would really try to draw responses from the person so he/she can improve but unfortunately, the first 5 minutes of the interview is usually an good indication of the direction of the interview. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions about improving your chances of getting accepted and I will PM you this weekend.

Hey,

I feel teh same way..i'm on a waiting list for PBA...it's better than a big fat "NO"....that's what people say to me....so I'm trying to look on the brighter side but it does suck when you want it so much and they make you wait even more...Hang on...you never know...

hey,

i'm on the same boat i guess. i just got a letter from usc saying that i'm on their active list. so what happens from here on?

say if i get accepted into another pharm school, should i hold my spot @ the alt. pharm school while i wait for usc's response?

crazyrice610 said:
hey,

i'm on the same boat i guess. i just got a letter from usc saying that i'm on their active list. so what happens from here on?

say if i get accepted into another pharm school, should i hold my spot @ the alt. pharm school while i wait for usc's response?

Of course you have to hold a spot somewhere else....I was on USC active consideration list last year until April (I interviewed in January).....if you get in somewhere else, make sure to put a deposit down in case you will not get accepted to USC.