Really low GPA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Does anyone know the post-bacc program in Hunter College is formal or informal( They are not picking up phone calls during spring break)? If I can not get into the formal program, what should I do with the informal program? 😕
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
zahque said:
if i'm not mistaken, formal post-bac programs refer to the programs most people think of when you mention doing post-bac work. informal programs refer to individuals taking undergrad level classes as a non-matriculant in order to boost their undergraduate gpa, without applying to (or being admitted to) any structured post-bac "program."

correct me if i'm wrong.

which, to answer your question, should make most of the programs on the aamc site formal post-bacs.

If I can't get into the formal program, I should do it informally. Should I file graduation anyway or just retake classes(c or below) and take some advance courses. 🙁
 
premedmaybe said:
i have a low gpa for my upgrad (2.5x) as well. What i'm planning on doing is go to school for another two years to obtain a science degree (the one i have now is history). Thus, boasting my ugrad to around 3.0 but this isn't enough. I'm going to apply to a one-year masters program and hopefully by then i'll be competative enough to apply to med school. By the time i apply to med school, it will be in at least four years. This is going to be an uphill climb for us.

good luck