Really need help with School list!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mynameis...

2+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi Everyone!

I would really love some advice on where to apply (and feedback for my current list). I posted on reddit but figured I'd hopefully get more love here. Here's a little information about me:

Asian Male
sGPA/GPA: 3.92/3.92
MCAT: 504, retook this month and hoping for at least a 508
President of a music club, concertmaster of the University Orchestra, Chemistry TA, 30 hours shadowing and 150 hours of clinical volunteering. Also do chemistry research, and doing an REU starting next week!

So far, I have:
Tulane
LSU
Wisconsin
Med college of WI
Rush
UIC

These are my regional schools because I have ties to these states. I would love suggestions for mid-tier and private schools. Thanks!!

Members don't see this ad.

What's your official state of residence? That's probably where you'd wanna start when coming up with a list of schools.

Also, the GPA is good but a 504 MCAT is on the low side for MD, especially for an Asian. The median MCAT for Asian acceptances is a bit higher than the overall median. I don't have the exact data and numbers but just look them up online.

Tbh no one will really be able to give you any actual advice on a school list until your latest MCAT score is released.

Members don't see this ad :)
What's your official state of residence? That's probably where you'd wanna start when coming up with a list of schools.

Also, the GPA is good but a 504 MCAT is on the low side for MD, especially for an Asian. The median MCAT for Asian acceptances is a bit higher than the overall median. I don't have the exact data and numbers but just look them up online.

Tbh no one will really be able to give you any actual advice on a school list until your latest MCAT score is released.

I'm a Wisconsin Resident. I'm confident I did better than the 504, but as of now I just want to compile a list based on my first score. Any suggestions?

You can remove LSU and UIC since they are state public schools that accept few OOS residents with your MCAT score. You can add schools such as:
Rosalind Franklin
Creighton
Oakland Beaumont
Western Michigan
Quinnipiac
New York Medical College
Post your MCAT score here when available as this list could be expanded if you score at least 508.

With a 504, You're close to circling the drain. I recommend:

Quinnipiac

Oakland U Beaumont

WVU

EVMS

Rosy Franklin

MCW

Creighton

NYMC

VCU

Rush (note: very service/experience oriented with a 150hr service requirement. Avg student has 800 hours of community service, and >1800 hours of health care exposure.)

Loma Linda (but read their list of don'ts)

Albany

Netter

U WI

Any DO school.