Reapplicant Status

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Avalongreatest9

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, I know some AMCAS Secondaries ask if we have previously applied to medical school in the past.

1. On such questions, are we required to talk about previous TMDSAS and/or AACOMAS applications or just AMCAS ones?
2. Assuming that the school asking this question was a school I have never applied to previously, is there a difference between saying that I have completed/submitted previous applications through AMCAS/TMDSAS/AACOMAS or say that I fully withdrew all of my applications in the previous cycle? Or does this not really affect how the school views me since I never applied to them in the past and so they do not have my application from a past cycle to compare with? I am asking to see if I should withdraw my submitted applications or if I could just leave them as is.

Sorry if those questions were weird/convoluted. Thank you :)

Members don't see this ad.

1) If the question asks have you previously applied to medical school, then that would mean ANY medical school, be it MD or DO of any system
2) If you say that applied then they will assume that you were rejected. If you say you applied and withdrew, you would need to explain why, Depending on those circumstances might make a difference in how an adcom views you. For example, if you withdrew after getting a bad MCAT score, new adcoms will know about the old bad score so telling them that cant hurt you more.
2. Well I do not have that concrete of a reason to withdraw. I just wanted to take a gap year to improve my application but I already submitted all of my TMDSAS applications since they run earlier. Are there any benefits to withdrawing from TMDSAS now? I somewhat wanted to just leave them in, on the off chance I get in (OOS for Texas is quite low anyways) but did not want this to affect the way I am viewed next year, so I was asking to see if withdrawing helps in any way. Thanks!