This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

arikaykay777

New Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I will be reapplying to dental school during the 2022 cycle.
Unfortunately, due to personal issues, my GPA has dropped and I have received some less than satisfactory grades in Microbiology and a few other classes. I plan to retake but I am still so worried.
My stats:
GPA: 3.2 (3.6 last cycle)
DAT AA: 23
Shadowing: 200-250 hrs
Volunteering: 600+ hrs
I have also worked for a dental office as an assistant for 6 months now and plan to continue working through next cycle.
Do you guys think my drop in GPA is a major red flag that will prevent me from being accepted ?
 
I will be reapplying to dental school during the 2022 cycle.
Unfortunately, due to personal issues, my GPA has dropped and I have received some less than satisfactory grades in Microbiology and a few other classes. I plan to retake but I am still so worried.
My stats:
GPA: 3.2 (3.6 last cycle)
DAT AA: 23
Shadowing: 200-250 hrs
Volunteering: 600+ hrs
I have also worked for a dental office as an assistant for 6 months now and plan to continue working through next cycle.
Do you guys think my drop in GPA is a major red flag that will prevent me from being accepted ?
I'm really curious as to why you didn't get in with a 23 DAT, that's a great score BTW. Did you at least get interviews?
 
I would consider applying for a withdrawal with cause from the classes that made your GPA drop. You can explain this in your application. It will still show as a W but you can explain the reason for the W and it will no longer impact your GPA.