Rearview Mirror: Dean's Letter Edition

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hard24Get

The black sleepymed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Well, that's what you get for leaving the thread to a match-obsessed MS4 :cool:. Hopefully this will bring more 4yrs out to post! Who's "Outstanding", and who is just "good"? Only time will tell....

docflow.jpg

Members don't see this ad.

my school has interesting wording for our clinical summary in the mspe:

1-outstanding
2-excellent and potentially outstanding
3-excellent
4-very good and potentially excellent
5-very good
6-good
7-recommended

i got kind of a kick out of this style of wording/grading? is it the norm?

See a new poster! It may just work. And I haven't heard of the details from our letters, but I'm sure that there is some code.

Members don't see this ad :)
tryin to keep both threads alive!

woah...chumbo came around...what's the occasion?

me too we can do it.. it would be unprecedented

sad.. my wife is out of town and im on call for the MICU tomorrow.. had to give my puppy to someone to watch him.. heartbreaking

sad.. my wife is out of town and im on call for the MICU tomorrow.. had to give my puppy to someone to watch him.. heartbreaking

Aww...your puppy is officially your kid.

hey i am posting from my pda in bed, you guys are inspiring

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm posting from the L&D suite...

And my 'kids' are at home alone without me at night:

77764287.nVHYaocl.jpg

Eww. Ok, maybe just something I wouldn't want to do all the time. (talking about the first sentence)

Just dropped off doggy #2.. my wife is gone on a biz trip.. the house is empty..

if i have time tomorrow Ill pad from work.

Sweet. I think thats the most posts I've seen EF make ever in a rearview mirror thread.

If you post in one of the threads, you must post at least five times in the other thread.

Slow and steady wins the race, right? Perfect.

So anyways, a semi-serious question. When you all finally figured out which school you were going to...

.....what sealed the deal? You know, looking back what was it that made you choose where you would be for your medical education?

Cause if I get into the school that I interviewed at earlier this week, I am close to saying that I would just throw in the towel with everyone else.

It just felt right. And I'm trying to figure out if I am still just excited about my first interview, or if it was really what I thought it was.

So what was it for you guys/gals? Location, price, prestige, limited options, gut feeling? what? Help a poor confused pre-med out with your more mature observations. :)

Rose: I think what sealed the deal for me was I loved the person who interviewed me... It was such a wonderful interview...

I have the most bizzare sleeping habits at the moment...

I have bizarre sleeping habits too...hence the reason I am still up. Shows you are online...wonder if you are still not sleeping too.

Oh and rose, I answered some of your questions on the thread that got shut down. I decided to be nice and repost it here (just in case you missed it).

I'm in a DO school and really like it. It depends on where you feel the fit. Don't go to a place because 'it's really good' I would go where I fit in and it's really good (most are fairly good). The whole applying for residency depends on where you want to go if you see the discrimination. Some places require the USMLE because they can't compare you that well to the other applicants. Some places find a way to compare the COMLEX with the USMLE. I say go where you feel comfortable otherwise it will be a really long 4 years for you. Granted, make sure you will learn something so that you can pass boards and do well for your future patients.

Oh and rose, I answered some of your questions on the thread that got shut down.

i'm still awake..

watching the break up... so far not very impressed with it, but i have nothing better ;)

the legal way of course (fox, nbc, abc, cbs, and whatever else local channels)

the legal way of course (fox, nbc, abc, cbs, and whatever else local channels)

I'm kind of in the mood to watch a movie though, not a show...

a show is too much of an emotional investment right now ;)

I'm kind of in the mood to watch a movie though, not a show...

a show is too much of an emotional investment right now ;)

hahaha...don't know exactly how it is more emotional than a movie...:confused:

And I just now realized they meant a band as in playing music band not band to ID sdners at conference. Guess I was linking the 2 threads together when they were a completely different entity.

hahaha...don't know exactly how it is more emotional than a movie...:confused:

with a movie, it's an hour and a half or so and it's done... with a show, it's almost a year long commitment..

considering i'm still single...

And I just now realized they meant a band as in playing music band not band to ID sdners at conference. Guess I was linking the 2 threads together when they were a completely different entity.

i thought the same thing...

with a movie, it's an hour and a half or so and it's done... with a show, it's almost a year long commitment..

considering i'm still single...

:smuggrin: ok you do have a good point there. Then again, comedies you can jump in and out of without being lost.

Or we create something that will.

i don't want it to be the weekend :(

That means a whole two days without email checking...

that makes me sad

Status
Not open for further replies.