-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Rearview Mirror: Dean's Letter Edition
Started by Hard24Get
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
my school has interesting wording for our clinical summary in the mspe:
1-outstanding
2-excellent and potentially outstanding
3-excellent
4-very good and potentially excellent
5-very good
6-good
7-recommended
i got kind of a kick out of this style of wording/grading? is it the norm?
1-outstanding
2-excellent and potentially outstanding
3-excellent
4-very good and potentially excellent
5-very good
6-good
7-recommended
i got kind of a kick out of this style of wording/grading? is it the norm?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
tryin to keep both threads alive!
me too we can do it.. it would be unprecedented
sup
sad.. my wife is out of town and im on call for the MICU tomorrow.. had to give my puppy to someone to watch him.. heartbreaking
sad.. my wife is out of town and im on call for the MICU tomorrow.. had to give my puppy to someone to watch him.. heartbreaking
Aww...your puppy is officially your kid.
Aww...your puppy is officially your kid.
Yeah its kind of crazy.
hey i am posting from my pda in bed, you guys are inspiring
wow... that's kind of an obsession. But we don't mind 😀
I'm posting from the L&D suite...
And my 'kids' are at home alone without me at night:
And my 'kids' are at home alone without me at night:
I'm posting from the L&D suite...
And my 'kids' are at home alone without me at night:
![]()
Eww. Ok, maybe just something I wouldn't want to do all the time. (talking about the first sentence)
Just dropped off doggy #2.. my wife is gone on a biz trip.. the house is empty..
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
if i have time tomorrow Ill pad from work.
Sweet. I think thats the most posts I've seen EF make ever in a rearview mirror thread.
between the two threads that is.
So how about a new rule?
If you post in one of the threads, you must post at least five times in the other thread.
Slow and steady wins the race, right? Perfect.
So anyways, a semi-serious question. When you all finally figured out which school you were going to...
.....what sealed the deal? You know, looking back what was it that made you choose where you would be for your medical education?
Cause if I get into the school that I interviewed at earlier this week, I am close to saying that I would just throw in the towel with everyone else.
It just felt right. And I'm trying to figure out if I am still just excited about my first interview, or if it was really what I thought it was.
So what was it for you guys/gals? Location, price, prestige, limited options, gut feeling? what? Help a poor confused pre-med out with your more mature observations. 🙂
😴 on that note. Night!
😴 on that note. Night!
ooh i must have just missed you!! Sleep well...
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
hey i am posting from my pda in bed, you guys are inspiring
There are no words...
Oh and rose, I answered some of your questions on the thread that got shut down. I decided to be nice and repost it here (just in case you missed it).
I'm in a DO school and really like it. It depends on where you feel the fit. Don't go to a place because 'it's really good' I would go where I fit in and it's really good (most are fairly good). The whole applying for residency depends on where you want to go if you see the discrimination. Some places require the USMLE because they can't compare you that well to the other applicants. Some places find a way to compare the COMLEX with the USMLE. I say go where you feel comfortable otherwise it will be a really long 4 years for you. Granted, make sure you will learn something so that you can pass boards and do well for your future patients.
Oh and rose, I answered some of your questions on the thread that got shut down.
i'm still awake..
watching the break up... so far not very impressed with it, but i have nothing better 😉
i'm still awake..
watching the break up... so far not very impressed with it, but i have nothing better 😉
have you tried watching shows online?
the legal way of course (fox, nbc, abc, cbs, and whatever else local channels)
I'm kind of in the mood to watch a movie though, not a show...
a show is too much of an emotional investment right now 😉
I'm kind of in the mood to watch a movie though, not a show...
a show is too much of an emotional investment right now 😉
hahaha...don't know exactly how it is more emotional than a movie...😕
hahaha...don't know exactly how it is more emotional than a movie...😕
with a movie, it's an hour and a half or so and it's done... with a show, it's almost a year long commitment..
considering i'm still single...
And I just now realized they meant a band as in playing music band not band to ID sdners at conference. Guess I was linking the 2 threads together when they were a completely different entity.
i thought the same thing...
with a movie, it's an hour and a half or so and it's done... with a show, it's almost a year long commitment..
considering i'm still single...
i thought the same thing...
good to know I wasn't the only one.
good to know I wasn't the only one.
It is a fun thread though... gave me a good chuckle
It is a fun thread though... gave me a good chuckle
Yes, it does that. I think this forum is good about providing those chuckles.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Or we create something that will.
we are fun like that...
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 15
- Views
- 3K