-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Rearview Mirror: Dean's Letter Edition
Started by Hard24Get
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
unique
its bad when you have to pad during your lunch hour
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yeah, I thought so too. But its really pretty.unique
Maybe I can get someone to go hiking with me next weekend. THe trees should be amazing right about now...Yeah, I thought so too. But its really pretty.
So chumbo. Published? Do tell.
And interviews yet?
I think we are doing well keeping both threads going too. Its just going to be interesting to keep the stories straight once the big pad sessions get started up.

Spent the whole rainy, cold, miserable day taking Step2CK. And my reward for finishing is starting my Medicine SubI on Monday. bleh.
...and who's idea was it to add a whole additional block of questions compared to Step1? 8 hours - honestly, Is that necessary?
Wow, I just learned the joy of post-padding.
Annoying exam + empty apartment + beer =
Annoying exam + empty apartment + beer =

Wow, I just learned the joy of post-padding.
Annoying exam + empty apartment + beer =![]()
Hope all went well! Or at least is better now! And welcome

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So chumbo. Published? Do tell.
finishing up some data collected on MVAs and the effects on patients of different body types in relation to point of impact...i really didnt do much but review charts and interview patients, but i guess the faculty is helping me out a little😉
and only 1 interview so far, and 2 rejections...we cant all be superstars
Wow, I just learned the joy of post-padding.
Annoying exam + empty apartment + beer =![]()
congrats homie
I feel like I can talk to him about anything, and that's what I need right now (and probably forever too).
Aw.... 😍
Welcome to Rearview! Consider this the premiere thread for posting about your match woes, Camel! 😀
ours is
1-top of the class (like top 2%)
2-outstanding
3. excellent to outstanding
4. excellent (most of the class)
5. very good (25 percentile)
6. good (bottom scrapers)
I think this type of wording is the norm. We won't get to know our adjective until next week and a committee votes on it, you?
i feel honored to be part of such a prestigious thread : )
our dean's letters got mailed to us early in october, we can suggest revisions and send it back to the dean/committee. just got it back this week to proofread for mistakes, content, grammatical, or otherwise. takes the suspense out of it, but i like this way of doing it, doesn't make things so exciting which is not a bad thing
Oh and I just realized how many interviews you have already h24g, congrats! You are now my idol.
thanks, but I think Universe_Explorer and his crownies are kicking my butt in that department!

i feel honored to be part of such a prestigious thread : )
our dean's letters got mailed to us early in october, we can suggest revisions and send it back to the dean/committee. just got it back this week to proofread for mistakes, content, grammatical, or otherwise. takes the suspense out of it, but i like this way of doing it, doesn't make things so exciting which is not a bad thing
oh so you get your rank and everything? We get to edit, but the last line is like "Hard24Get will be a _______ candidate for her chosen field of Emergency Medicine" 🙄
oh so you get your rank and everything? We get to edit, but the last line is like "Hard24Get will be a _______ candidate for her chosen field of Emergency Medicine" 🙄
So you filled in the blank for them right?
and only 1 interview so far, and 2 rejections...we cant all be superstars![]()
awww...I feel for you chumbo. Nov 1 should bring more fun for you!
I did something similar... except I did step 2 CK Wendesday, Step 2 CS Friday, Medicine Sub-I Monday...
BUT they are alllll done now... THANK YOU GOD!
BUT they are alllll done now... THANK YOU GOD!
Spent the whole rainy, cold, miserable day taking Step2CK. And my reward for finishing is starting my Medicine SubI on Monday. bleh.
Up late again I see. I didn't even nap today so that I could sleep, and I'm still awake.
we need to go to doctor and find out what's wrong with us...
think this is an emergency?
we need to go to doctor and find out what's wrong with us...
think this is an emergency?
Of course it is. Much worse than the person with chest pain too.
sup peeps.. just want to point out the person with 2 posts telling us who he/she thinks the best programs are is hilarious.
as if we all havent thought about this.. sure im more annoyed my program isnt on there but even if it was I would think the list is stupid
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
as if we all havent thought about this.. sure im more annoyed my program isnt on there but even if it was I would think the list is stupid
sup peeps.. just want to point out the person with 2 posts telling us who he/she thinks the best programs are is hilarious.
great to see you posting beyond 2-3 words 🙂
So you filled in the blank for them right?
a simply out of this world candidate for her chosen field of Emergency Medicine
By the way, love the sig.
Thanks, I like the mix between the "Annie" and "gangsta" optimistic mentality 😀
And were you mocking me??? 😉
Nope. I am a sentimental ol' lady at heart 🙂
Sure that's the reason you don't like it. All I can say is that no one can create a list unless they know each of the programs equally. And that will never happen. And yes, I noticed the 2 posts too. Wonder even if he's legit (the attending he says he is).
All this talk about lists makes me want to create an "attending" screen name and bust out my own list.
I guess my next interview offers won't be until after Nov 1st ... gonna be a long week 🙁
At least a long first 3 days of the week.
Thursday and Friday might be quite exciting and interesting just for another weekend to come.
I hope I can sleep the night before - so much depends on my class rank and whether some of my fave picks make me an offer....
I hope I can sleep the night before - so much depends on my class rank and whether some of my fave picks make me an offer....
So they actually pay attention to class rank?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
hmmm, this murder suspect is an Emergency doc! 😱
At least Law & Order knows EM is its own specialty!

- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 15
- Views
- 3K
