-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Rearview Mirror: Dean's Letter Edition
Started by Hard24Get
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
we are fun like that...
Oh ya, was told several times by the bf that I will fit in in the ED. Every time he goes down there he can picture me right along with them. Unmatching, yet doing good compared to other fields (hair done, look clean, not disheveled). He also said the cutest females (at least in his hospital) are all in the ED. So yay!
did i get it??
You distracted me and made me post a long answer. But oh well, enjoy the glory!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Oh ya, was told several times by the bf that I will fit in in the ED. Every time he goes down there he can picture me right along with them. Unmatching, yet doing good compared to other fields (hair done, look clean, not disheveled). He also said the cutest females (at least in his hospital) are all in the ED. So yay!
everyone wants to date an EM doc 😉😀😍
Ya, they have the time.![]()
work hard, play hard..
Ya, they have the time.![]()
we also have a great sense of humor and we're aren't stuck up like a lot of the different departments in the hospital
Remind me again why I'm still single?
I don't know...why don't you remind me?
I don't know...why don't you remind me?
I decided to focus during my third year..
I don't know...why don't you remind me?
and now it feels like it's not worth starting something when i have no idea where i'm going to be next year..
I don't know...why don't you remind me?
But I am feeling like I am ready to be back in a relationship
we also have a great sense of humor and we're aren't stuck up like a lot of the different departments in the hospital
hence the reason I have the bf I have. Before I met him, he swore every female in med school had that personality. Then I convinced him otherwise. Took some time for him to know I wasn't faking the personality though.
But I am feeling like I am ready to be back in a relationship
Ya I hear you on that one. I wasn't going to start dating someone until this guy happened to trick me into going on dates (like let's go to a movie and he forgot to invite his friends or they couldn't come). Dealing with long distance is hard, but doable because we are both busy and we understand that.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
hence the reason I have the bf I have. Before I met him, he swore every female in med school had that personality. Then I convinced him otherwise. Took some time for him to know I wasn't faking the personality though.
I think the medicine people are more stuck up than the surgeons though...
Ya I hear you on that one. I wasn't going to start dating someone until this guy happened to trick me into going on dates (like let's go to a movie and he forgot to invite his friends or they couldn't come). Dealing with long distance is hard, but doable because we are both busy and we understand that.
how long have you guys been together?? how far are you guys??
how long have you guys been together?? how far are you guys??
Since January I think (I know...it's sad I don't know the date/month). I am in the midwest, he is in the northeast.
Since January I think (I know...it's sad I don't know the date/month). I am in the midwest, he is in the northeast.
it's not sad you don't know the exact date..
that's a long time to be together though! i'm impressed
Since January I think (I know...it's sad I don't know the date/month). I am in the midwest, he is in the northeast.
how did you guys end up so far away?
it's not sad you don't know the exact date..
that's a long time to be together though! i'm impressed
Especially for me. Usually at that 2wk to 2mos mark I get bored.
how did you guys end up so far away?
He goes to the same med school as me, but we do a straw poll thing for 3rd and 4th years and end up all over the place. Just hoping I can get up there next year so that we may be somewhat closer for a year.
Especially for me. Usually at that 2wk to 2mos mark I get bored.
i guess the long distance thing must keep you missing him enough so that you ever really get bored
i guess the long distance thing must keep you missing him enough so that you ever really get bored
Well we were around each other for about 5 mos, then I had to leave to earn some money over the summer but visited him every other week (within driving distance at the time). Then he moved at the end of July, and I haven't seen him since then. Going next week though

He goes to the same med school as me, but we do a straw poll thing for 3rd and 4th years and end up all over the place. Just hoping I can get up there next year so that we may be somewhat closer for a year.
i remember you telling us that you were hoping to go nearer to him... i just didn't realize your med school spread you guys so far away!!
Well we were around each other for about 5 mos, then I had to leave to earn some money over the summer but visited him every other week (within driving distance at the time). Then he moved at the end of July, and I haven't seen him since then. Going next week though![]()
YEAH!!!

i remember you telling us that you were hoping to go nearer to him... i just didn't realize your med school spread you guys so far away!!
Ya, we have spots from the northeast to Wyoming and south of there. Pretty much just excludes the west coast plus the states just east of them.
YEAH!!!![]()
It's always scary though after such a long time away (at least for me). You always wonder if your feelings disappear or whatever. But I'm guessing that since we talk every night, not much of a chance of that happening.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
catching up on some emails that needed to get written...
Ya, I still have around 60 emails I haven't read yet. But, that is much better than the 160 I started with a few weeks ago. They are pretty much all forwards, so I knew they weren't too important. If someone wants to catch me that bad, they can call.
CJ WHEN YOU READ THIS!! CONGRATS!!!!!!!
and the interviews will start rolling in for you soon.... everyone's just waiting for november 1st!
Which is coming quite quickly. I'm waiting for Nov 2. That's when our match stuff comes out (to see if we get the sites we wanted). Then again, the hospitals can back out at any time if necessary, so it's not really ever fully set in stone.
wow... that's kind of an obsession. But we don't mind 😀
sleepymed said:there are no words...
hey, I felt guilty 'cause I didn't post-pad, but I was already in bed and didn't want to disturb the hubby...

.....what sealed the deal? You know, looking back what was it that made you choose where you would be for your medical education?
I didn't plan on going to the school I am at now. I was going to stay closer to home. But I let them fly me out for the preview weekend 'cause it was free. And I just clicked with everyone - the students, the faculty, the staff, the city... I just knew it was for me, so I followed my gut and never looked back. No regrets now 😀
Cause if I get into the school that I interviewed at earlier this week, I am close to saying that I would just throw in the towel with everyone else.
so, that's what I did with the school that was closer to home - I canceled other interviews after I got in. But I still ended up finding one I liked better, so don't close the door just yet. Besides, med school admissions and financial aid negotiations can be funky, so it is great if you can collect more than one offer.
That means a whole two days without email checking...
That's what I say. I think things are pretty much going to be at a trickle for me until after Nov1, so time is crawling by...🙁my school has interesting wording for our clinical summary in the mspe:
1-outstanding
2-excellent and potentially outstanding
3-excellent
4-very good and potentially excellent
5-very good
6-good
7-recommended
i got kind of a kick out of this style of wording/grading? is it the norm?
Welcome to Rearview! Consider this the premiere thread for posting about your match woes, Camel! 😀
ours is
1-top of the class (like top 2%)
2-outstanding
3. excellent to outstanding
4. excellent (most of the class)
5. very good (25 percentile)
6. good (bottom scrapers)
I think this type of wording is the norm. We won't get to know our adjective until next week and a committee votes on it, you?
But I am feeling like I am ready to be back in a relationship
looks like you are heading for a hospital hottie with your timing - look carefully when you are interviewing 😉
Which is coming quite quickly.
Speak for yourself. Each day feels like a year waiting for these MSPEs 🙁
I feel like I was in a different mindset when I applied than I am now
There are a few places that I wonder why a didn't apply, and others why I did apply? 😕 Too late now, I suppose...
No doubt, I feel the same way with all my apps.There are a few places that I wonder why a didn't apply, and others why I did apply? 😕 Too late now, I suppose...
Its like, when I applied back in June, I didnt realize which schools I should and shouldnt apply to.No doubt, I feel the same way with all my apps.
And even now, I've written better secondary essays that should have been my PS. Its like I've just matured a bunch since I wrote that.Its like, when I applied back in June, I didnt realize which schools I should and shouldnt apply to.
Its quite strange. I dont really know what has changed.And even now, I've written better secondary essays that should have been my PS. Its like I've just matured a bunch since I wrote that.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I guess its just one of those "I wish I knew then what I know now..." But I'm happy with the schools I'm applying to.Its quite strange. I dont really know what has changed.
Plus theres not much I can change now, so I'm just hanging out waiting to hear back 🙂.I guess its just one of those "I wish I knew then what I know now..." But I'm happy with the schools I'm applying to.
EM, thats so exciting you get to go see your bf in a week or so!! I remember when I dated a girl who I met at school...Plus theres not much I can change now, so I'm just hanging out waiting to hear back 🙂.
And when I graduated I moved away, and she went back to the school in her hometown. Still about the same distance away, but it was hard.
You've got some amazing strength and he must be one helluva guy for you guys to still be making it.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 15
- Views
- 3K