Rearview mirror: The match is behind us, cure your matchitis here!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I'm so sad I missed out on the gaming conversation. That's why I don't waste more time on here. It's all wasted with a 360 controller in my hands.

Members don't see this ad.

haha...I thought my backyard was regular-sized growing up until someone from a city came to my house and was fascinated at how "HUGE" it was. I laughed at her, but I now see what she meant. Then again, takes lots less time to mow the lawn.

where did you grow up?

the backyards in our neighborhood always felt big growing up since the ones right by the ocean in LBC were really small, but then i spent a summer in Bethesda and was like blown away by the size of it.

where did you grow up?

the backyards in our neighborhood always felt big growing up since the ones right by the ocean in LBC were really small, but then i spent a summer in Bethesda and was like blown away by the size of it.

Small town in Kansas.

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone know this one?

If you get in an AOA residency, not ACGME approved, can you still sit in on the allopathic boards?

The only thing you have to worry about is getting licensure in whatever state you practice in. Sit for the AOA boards and you'll never have any issues.

The only thing you have to worry about is getting licensure in whatever state you practice in. Sit for the AOA boards and you'll never have any issues.

Ok...asking for anesthesia (bf) but I'm sure it applies there too.

any help with neighborhoods is helpful. we're actually looking in the manayunk or mount airy neightborrhoods right now, and might even go into conshi if we find the right place. being that both the husband and i have grown up in long beach, we kind of like being just outside the city.

He lives in the Darby area...not a good neighborhood at all. Upper Darby is better. I'll ask about those.

Small town in Kansas.

no kidding! where?

i spent part of a summer in Kansas. Manhattan to be exact. it was small. one theatre, no target, and even got a speeding ticket for going 50 in a 40. got to argue it down to a non-moving violation in the smallest "courthouse" (aka a room) i'd ever seen.

some beautiful scenery on the way to Lawrence though.

And no, my backyard was not a wheat field or meadow.

loved the houses in Kansas. i really love the idea of smaller towns (there were plenty on my ROL to be sure, i just got one of the few big cities on it) because the houses are so beautiful and there's a lot less bull$hit involved in living day to day. there's a balance though. couldn't live in manhattan- Topeka or Lawrence would be more my speed.

you could find another resident to live with in a house! by luck one of my classmates got an IM spot at another place in philly, and agreed to move in with us so we can all get a nice 3 bedroom house. the best part is that she's OCD whereas i'm a complete slob so we know she'll keep the place from looking like one of those local news stories where they condemn a property because of "packrat" conditions.

ikea is gold, pure gold! except when they have plastic legs on dressers. :thumbdown:
I'm the only one from my school in my new neck of the woods, so no chance of rooming with an old classmate. They are going assign residents to us to help us find places in town. I might be up for being a roommate in a house, as long as I don't have to own the house. And I like having roommates in general. I've got some time, so we'll see what happens.:D

loved the houses in Kansas. i really love the idea of smaller towns (there were plenty on my ROL to be sure, i just got one of the few big cities on it) because the houses are so beautiful and there's a lot less bull$hit involved in living day to day. there's a balance though. couldn't live in manhattan- Topeka or Lawrence would be more my speed.

haha...I understand. Those are much larger than my home town. I will PM you that name. My sister goes to school in Lawrence.

If it's any indication, we didn't have anything commercial...no walmart, target, kroger, mcd, etc.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm the only one from my school in my new neck of the woods, so no chance of rooming with an old classmate. They are going assign residents to us to help us find places in town. I might be up for being a roommate in a house, as long as I don't have to own the house. And I like having roommates in general. I've got some time, so we'll see what happens.:D

you're going to york, right? i saw some great houses around there when i interviewed, and they'd have to be cheap for renting. good luck!

If it's any indication, we didn't have anything commercial...no walmart, target, kroger, mcd, etc.

yeah i remember lots of little towns along the 40. just a bunch of houses, maybe a volunteer fire dept., but no stores. sometimes 20 miles in either direction for a wal-mart.

they'd all have different (but equally undoable for a LA native, like 15 or 20 mph) speed limits, and you'd constantly have to be on guard for a change because they'd get you for speeding so easily! i got distracted by the flashing lights of a passing ambulance and got nailed.

yeah i remember lots of little towns along the 40. just a bunch of houses, maybe a volunteer fire dept., but no stores. sometimes 20 miles in either direction for a wal-mart.

they'd all have different (but equally undoable for a LA native, like 15 or 20 mph) speed limits, and you'd constantly have to be on guard for a change because they'd get you for speeding so easily! i got distracted by the flashing lights of a passing ambulance and got nailed.

That's the type of town I lived in. 25 miles to the nearest Walmart/Target. And that's because they started moving out in that direction. Before that it was easily a 30-45 min drive.

Then again, the PD isn't even on duty all the time. Once or twice a week maybe. The sheriff came through every once in a while just to run the radar.

Anyone else have insomniitis?

and since the name of the thread said matchitis, I figured all diseases should end in -itis

I wish I had that...then I'd be done soon and these boards would be over.

Could be a really, really early case of matchitis. As for boards-I think you're taking the complex and not the USMLE, but same principle applies. They aren't as bad as you think they are, but you still should study your but off. And they are better when they are over.:luck:

Could be a really, really early case of matchitis. As for boards-I think you're taking the complex and not the USMLE, but same principle applies. They aren't as bad as you think they are, but you still should study your but off. And they are better when they are over.:luck:

:laugh: I love it when people call it that. Just tells how difficult it is. Oh and thanks for the luck.

:laugh: I love it when people call it that. Just tells how difficult it is. Oh and thanks for the luck.
I know it's the COMLEX-my spell checker doesn't. LOL, though. :laugh:

Nice error. I had to watch the auto-correct when it first came out. It always said my last name was 'heifer.'

I'm amusing the crap out of myself with my spelling, so I've tried to use the spell checker, but that's getting me in trouble too. I guess my anonymity is safe here-no one would ever guess I was an English major with my bad spelling and grammar. That and I managed to misspell the city I was living in on a thread. Someone caught it and corrected me (assuming I was from out of town and unaware of the spelling, not just hopeless) which was just funny.:laugh:

I'm amusing the crap out of myself with my spelling, so I've tried to use the spell checker, but that's getting me in trouble too. I guess my anonymity is safe here-no one would ever guess I was an English major with my bad spelling and grammar. That and I managed to misspell the city I was living in on a thread. Someone caught it and corrected me (assuming I was from out of town and unaware of the spelling, not just hopeless) which was just funny.:laugh:

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

now they know you were an English major.

yes...a classic to almost hand in a paper with that last name.

So glad the new episodes are starting to return.

So glad the new episodes are starting to return.
Me too-now that I have all kinds of free time (as evidenced by my posts on here almost all day long). STICU is done and three weeks of optho between me and vacation.:cool:

Me too-now that I have all kinds of free time (as evidenced by my posts on here almost all day long). STICU is done and three weeks of optho between me and vacation.:cool:

I shouldn't...but I get caught up with them online and when I'm suffering from insomniitis.

hey, I need your guys's help. I am doing a presentation on acupuncture, and I remember someone posted a funny video on acupuncture a little while ago (guy has all the needles in him and can't jump out of a burning building); I have looked around for it, and I still can't seem to find it. anyone know where it is??? THANKS!

i found it :D thanks!!!

hey, I need your guys's help. I am doing a presentation on acupuncture, and I remember someone posted a funny video on acupuncture a little while ago (guy has all the needles in him and can't jump out of a burning building); I have looked around for it, and I still can't seem to find it. anyone know where it is??? THANKS!

Sorry I was useless. Acupuncture reminds me of a really cool x-ray I say on radiology of a guy who got acupuncture all the time and there were remnants of the needles seen by x-ray.

i think i would like to get an MPH sometime in the future

I do not want to go to class right now...three hours of "introduction", probably won't get tested on it much, but don't feel like not going (don't have anything better to do, might as well go)...

I posted that, actually. I thought it was hilarious - glad someone noticed it! :laugh:

Sorry I was useless. Acupuncture reminds me of a really cool x-ray I say on radiology of a guy who got acupuncture all the time and there were remnants of the needles seen by x-ray.

yech! Doesn't he get foreign body reactions to that crap?

yech! Doesn't he get foreign body reactions to that crap?

What happened to SNOOP DOGG! You went from Snoop to Oprah in one day :confused:

The metal they use is probably titanium or stainless steel. The same stuff used in orthopedic implants.

What happened to SNOOP DOGG! You went from Snoop to Oprah in one day :confused:

The metal they use is probably titanium or stainless steel. The same stuff used in orthopedic implants.

UH OH.... you are going to get BEAT REALLY REALLY BAD

What do you have against Oprah? She gives away free cars and builds schools etc.

I think what she was saying was that she thought you were putting Oprah down, and warning you that h24g was going to throw flames on you for it.