*Rec letter* GOOD QUESTION

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JaeDRa

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I've asked like 6 ppl to write me rec letter but obviously im not gonna use all of them. How do I "save" rec letters, that way I can choose which ones i want to use. im confused. How would i "save" them if im not even allowed to read them in the first place. ie when im not allowed to have possession of them. for safety's sake, im getting a whole bunch of rec letter, but how do i sort of select the ones i want to use for each school?

Members don't see this ad.

i dont think you can unless you actually read them. only option i can think of is to "rank" each letter writer. who is most likely to write you a GREAT > GOOD > ACCEPTABLE > etc. and go from there, but if are using a school's evaluation committee, i dont think you have that option.

You can read them if you want, but then it would be dishonest to mark the checkbox on AADSAS saying that you haven't read this letter.

Also, if you decide to not read your letters but still obtain all of them, you can have your professors or whoever submit them to Interfolio, and then off of Interfolio you can submit whichever letters you feel will be the strongest.

My opinion was that my BCP professors' letters would be stronger (even though I didn't read them), just because those were the letters D-schools were looking for. After that, the letter from a general dentist (b/c he's the one in the profession), and then after that was a letter from a prof who was my advisor for one of the classes in my major. Good luck! And check out Interfolio!

Members don't see this ad :)
Use Interfolio!! :) You have control of what letters you want sent, to where, and when you want them sent. It costs money to send them out but it was worth it. I paid for the 3 year and it was totally worth it because I reused my letters when I had to reapply and I didn't have the stress of not knowing if my professors sent them or not.

can you tell me step by step as to how to use interfolio please. starting from asking professors for rec letter till the end of the applicationl

It's very self explanatory if you go to their website.
You sign up, send requests to your professors, they send the files to your interfolio account with an e-signature, then you can send the letters to the schools you choose.

there are plenty of threads on SDN about interfolio. search!

Go on Interfolio's site. It was pretty self-explanatory to me after reading how their system works (off of their site). Sorry, I haven't used it myself though. Gluck

Greetings,

Choose three and ask them this question " I am ----- and I am in the process of applying to DS. I would like to know if you can write a POSITIVE letter on my behalf"? Any person with good intention will be more than happy to write a good letter. If the person seems hesitant, then thank him/her for their time then move to the next. Make sure you emphasize 'POSITIVE LETTER" because you don't want any kind of letter other than that. DP

Interfolio all the way!

Sent from my LG-MS695 using SDN Mobile

It's very self explanatory if you go to their website.
You sign up, send requests to your professors, they send the files to your interfolio account with an e-signature, then you can send the letters to the schools you choose.

So, one of my profs physically signed the letter, scanned it and uploaded, but did not do the e-signature...When I check the document it says something like " Recommender Did not Sign" Is this bad? I heard I will be unable to submit to AADSAS if the letter of is not signed...does that mean not "e-signed" or just not signed with a signature at the bottom?

Yeah he/she needs to e-sign it or you cannot send it out. I had a dentist write me a letter and he did the same thing.