Recalled interview invite

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

k2rhodes

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I received an e-mail invite this morning, and then half an hour later, I received another e-mail saying "I would like to recall the message, "Interview Invite". What the heck? Did this happen to anybody else?
I've tried to get through to someone and I've had no luck. What a cruel way to start the weekend...

Members don't see this ad.

my .02 is that they should provide you an interview b/c of their error...

recalling invites is just mean!

That really sucks! Keep trying to contact and best of luck that it's a genuine interview invite!:luck:

Members don't see this ad :)
I received an e-mail invite this morning from Rosalind Franklin, and then half an hour later, I received another e-mail saying "I would like to recall the message, "Interview Invite". What the heck? Did this happen to anybody else?
I've tried to get through to someone at RF and I've had no luck. What a cruel way to start the weekend...

wow, call them up and post here. this is indeed interesting...

Oh, that would be freaking lame. I agree, you should call and find out what is happening (unless the email says more...).

well it's RFU just fax them a copy of your bank statement

wow, I can't believe they did that! This is like when Rush somehow sent emails to everyone with "interview invite" as the subject but had "-1" in the body of the email.

i think they should give you an interview even if the message was mistakenly sent.. its just common courtesy... of course i don't know if i would consider adcoms courteous by any means

i think they should give you an interview even if the message was mistakenly sent.. its just common courtesy... of course i don't know if i would consider adcoms courteous by any means

It may be a courtesy but going on an interview that they didn't intend to give you sounds like a waste of the OP's time. If they don't want to interview you the chances they will accept you after this courtesy seems to be slim.

Sue them. Good prep for the medical world.

That SUCKS and just seems plain wrong. I am so sorry.

That is ridonkulous. The height of cruelty :mad:

Hope they amend this for you OP... let us know what happens!

They did want me! I called and they offered to schedule me because of their mistake...then I got an e-mail from the person who originally e-mailed me saying that the recall was a mistake and that they accidently sent it to me when they meant to send it to someone else. What a day...at least it's a legit invite! I'm happy!
Thanks for all the supportive comments, all!
**Note- I didn't mean anything bad about the school by posting. I know people make mistakes! I just wanted to know if it was a glitch that affected others, too. I have nothing but respect for the ADCOM members and what they do.

Members don't see this ad :)
I received an e-mail invite this morning from Rosalind Franklin, and then half an hour later, I received another e-mail saying "I would like to recall the message, "Interview Invite". What the heck? Did this happen to anybody else?
I've tried to get through to someone at RF and I've had no luck. What a cruel way to start the weekend...

haha wtf?? wow........:thumbdown:

glad to hear the recall was a mistake tho.

I called and they offered to schedule me because of their mistake...

Hmm, I wouldn't waste my money attending their "courtesy" interview. I would first ask them to apologize, and if you feel that they are truly sorry for what had happened, and only then, reconsider. I have a feeling that they are leaning toward rejecting you afterwards

They did want me! I called and they offered to schedule me because of their mistake...then I got an e-mail from the person who originally e-mailed me saying that the recall was a mistake and that they accidently sent it to me when they meant to send it to someone else. What a day...at least it's a legit invite! I'm happy!
I just feel bad for whoever else gets that e-mail. It's a real nerve-wrecking thing.

Glad to hear it!!! :thumbup:

Hmm, I wouldn't waste my money attending their "courtesy" interview. I would first ask them to apologize, and if you feel they are truly sorry for what happened, and only then, reconsider. I have a feeling that they are leaning toward rejecting you afterwards

Ha! I feel the same way too.

a recalled acceptance would be more cruel

I just feel bad for whoever else gets that e-mail. It's a real nerve-wrecking thing.

sounds fishy and like a coverup like when you get caught talking bad about someone and you have to pretend u were talking about someone else. but if you like the school, go rock their socks off so they don't regret the invite legit or not.

I personally would still go. You never know what could have been.

I personally would still go. You never know what could have been.

Agreed. I think there are many people who are qualified enough to get invited to interview, just not enough invites to go around, and sometimes it's just the luck of the draw whether or not someone likes your application. You were able to get the interview (by whatever means, who cares), so just blow them away. I definitely agree, you never know...

wow, call them up and post here. this is indeed interesting...

This sounds like a pretty horrible idea. So, they made a mistake and sent an email to wrong person. Maybe with their thousands of applicants they had some with close email addresses. Good thing ADCOMS are robots and not humans.

Also, how many times do you think they've done this recently? I'd guess this is the only one so they know who you are. Probably not a good idea to post it online with your comments.

Just a thought.

It's common courtesy for an ADCOM to make a mistake and then just interview someone because of the mistake, not because the applicant was qualified? Well, I'd like some ADCOMs to make more mistakes so I, Dr. Nick, can become a doctor. See my signature for examples of my qualifications.

It's common courtesy for an ADCOM to make a mistake and then just interview someone because of the mistake, not because the applicant was qualified? Well, I'd like some ADCOMs to make more mistakes so I, Dr. Nick, can become a doctor. See my signature for examples of my qualifications.

As long as the applicant is not way below par i don't see why they can't offer an interview b/c of their mistake, esp if they were considering the applicant.. like someone said b4, a lot of well qualified applicants dont get interviews just due to luck... anyways, it looks like the recall e-mail was mistakenly sent rather than the invite so i guess that makes all this pointless.. congrats to the OP, good luck :luck:

Agreed. I think there are many people who are qualified enough to get invited to interview, just not enough invites to go around, and sometimes it's just the luck of the draw whether or not someone likes your application. You were able to get the interview (by whatever means, who cares), so just blow them away. I definitely agree, you never know...

I like this response and I totally agree with it...

As long as the applicant is not way below par i don't see why they can't offer an interview b/c of their mistake, esp if they were considering the applicant.. like someone said b4, a lot of well qualified applicants dont get interviews just due to luck... anyways, it looks like the recall e-mail was mistakenly sent rather than the invite so i guess that makes all this pointless.. congrats to the OP, good luck :luck:
Right.......cuz the office of admins would never lie to a no-name-nobody applicant .....right? I mean they dont dangle you along in the process at all.......they tell you the truth 100% and always try to do what is best for you as an applicant....:sleep:

From years of applications I can tell you that sometimes you do need a little luck on your side. The op was very fortunate to get the interview. Who knows, maybe they will be pleasantly surprised with the OP and they would love to have him/her at their school.

To the OP, make the best of this situation and blow them away at the interview. If it was a mistake, show them that they made the right "mistake."

Good luck.

How does it make this all pointless? You are banking on someone's mistake to allow you to get into medical school and not your qualifications.

Go get 'em OP.

Mistakes happen. I got two e-mails after I got accepted into one of the medical schools I interviewed at, that were supposed to be directed at faculty members. A few minutes later I got a third e-mail saying "Sorry! That wasn't directed to you, please disregard".