Receiving MCAT score in October, is that too late?

Started by DrThanos
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

DrThanos

Full Member
2+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So I've already applied to a few schools and received secondaries. Currently scheduled to take the MCAT on 9/12, but considering pushing back to 9/27 to get more practice in. Scored a 502 on AAMC FL 1, but was 1 or 2 questions in each section away from a 506 (6 total questions). Is 9/27 too late since the score comes out 10/13? I would probably just go ahead and submit to my other schools in the meantime and then immediately work on secondaries as they roll in after my MCAT.
 
Thanksgiving used to be late for DO, but in this current climate that has been pushed back to December and later, so no it won't be too late.
 
I got my MCAT back in October 23rd last cycle, all went well. It probably also depends on how high your stats are.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So I've already applied to a few schools and received secondaries. Currently scheduled to take the MCAT on 9/12, but considering pushing back to 9/27 to get more practice in. Scored a 502 on AAMC FL 1, but was 1 or 2 questions in each section away from a 506 (6 total questions). Is 9/27 too late since the score comes out 10/13? I would probably just go ahead and submit to my other schools in the meantime and then immediately work on secondaries as they roll in after my MCAT.
Nope, won't be too late.