Recent Interview Invites from NYU or Cornell?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

davidus

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all. Just curious if anyone has received an interview invite from either NYU or Cornell within the last couple of weeks. If so, could you please say when you were complete, when your invite was and whether it was sent via snail or email?

Thanks a lot!

Members don't see this ad.

I have better stats than the mid range at NYU and have received interviews at higher ranked schools but im very interested in NYU. I havent heard a word - so I'm interested in hearing about those who have received interviews and if possible- ballpark stats.

I interviewed at nyu on around 10/18...My numbers are good and I had sent my application in quite early...Maybe even in August if not early September...Though I sent Cornell's in even earlier, I haven't heard from them either....I don't know if I'll interview now even if I am offered one because I've interviewed at a lot of other great schools and gotten into two of my in-state schools already...IT seems like a waste of money on the plane ticket and time to me at this point :oops:

Members don't see this ad :)
Sorry for the self-bump. Really curious about this though...

I got the invite from both schools last week. Aug. MCATer.

good luck :)

sweatybrain said:
I got the invite from both schools last week. Aug. MCATer.

good luck :)

SweatyB -- could you say when you got the "you're complete" emails from both?

Been complete since August, haven't heard from Cornell. I guess a rejection is on the way, though that surprises me.

davidus said:
SweatyB -- could you say when you got the "you're complete" emails from both?

sure
my cornell "complete" e-mail came on 8/31...but since I'm an August MCATer, I'm not sure if that really means anything.

the NYU complete e-mail came on 10/18.

same here re: good stats, interviews at better schools (Penn, Harvard) and nada from NYU or Cornell...been complete since July/August...
...I have a feeling that they are looking for something that my app is lacking?

I'm really anxious as well. I was complete at NYU a while ago and since then haven't heard a thing. My friend just told me he got a rejection from them a while ago and he had a 39 MCAT but not so great GPA. This process is so crazy! :eek:

Interviewed at NYU 11/10
April MCAT mid 30s
High GPA
Application complete in late September

Waiting for the first round of notifications in mid-December

Haven't heard anything from Cornell since completing my app in mid-August

Members don't see this ad :)
I interviewed at NYU on 11/11. Stats are in the link below...nothing too spectacular....

blondie said:
I interviewed at NYU on 11/11. Stats are in the link below...nothing too spectacular....
I don't think this is scientific or anything, but I swear NYU is a GPA school. They want 3.65ish and above. Maybe 3.7 and above. I think the MCAT has to be solid, but not spectacular. That's been my experience anyway...thoughts?

Oh and I have no idea what the hell Cornell's waiting for. COME ON. Talk to me! I like your school! It's pretty!

ajt2003 said:
I don't think this is scientific or anything, but I swear NYU is a GPA school. They want 3.65ish and above. Maybe 3.7 and above. I think the MCAT has to be solid, but not spectacular. That's been my experience anyway...thoughts?

Oh and I have no idea what the hell Cornell's waiting for. COME ON. Talk to me! I like your school! It's pretty!

I have to disagree with you about NYU being a school who wants only high GPAs. They actually say in the MSAR that they show sympathy towards students who for some reason or another "messed up" during earlier undergraduate years but came back strong in later years. Usually those types of students don't have cumulative GPAs of 3.65 and above. I got a secondary from them and I made 2.8's during my first two years, but 3.8's and 4.0's during my last three years, resulting in a cumulative of about 3.45. My file just become complete a few weeks ago, so we'll see what happens next...(fingers crossed)

ajt2003 said:

Cornell's pretty? Awesome! I'm seeing it on Jan 5. That invite was a little funky. I was trying to combine NY interviews with the ones I had in CT. Cornell eventually got back to me (too late for convenient travel arrangements, but an interview nonetheless.)

Yeah, Cornell needs to make some calls! Columbia too!

complete at Cornell on 10/13, interview invite on 11/23,
complete at NYU on 10/7, interview invite on 11/23
both pending MCAT scores, August MCATer

fall into their stat ranges but nothing phenomenal at all.

Psycho Doctor said:
complete at Cornell on 10/13, interview invite on 11/23,
complete at NYU on 10/7, interview invite on 11/23
both pending MCAT scores, August MCATer

fall into their stat ranges but nothing phenomenal at all.

11/23 was a good day for you, huh? :)

8-) said:
I have to disagree with you about NYU being a school who wants only high GPAs. They actually say in the MSAR that they show sympathy towards students who for some reason or another "messed up" during earlier undergraduate years but came back strong in later years. Usually those types of students don't have cumulative GPAs of 3.65 and above. I got a secondary from them and I made 2.8's during my first two years, but 3.8's and 4.0's during my last three years, resulting in a cumulative of about 3.45. My file just become complete a few weeks ago, so we'll see what happens next...(fingers crossed)

Oh really? You're probably right - my mistake. I just have a couple of friends with stellar MCATs and sub-stellar GPAs (3.1 and lower) who were immediately rejected - no secondary....so I assumed...but, we all know what happens when we assume... :oops:

Anyways, congrats on your upward trend - that's quite impressive...and it sounds like you're just the type of student NYU is looking for! I hope you hear from them soon; the school seems really great.

neuropower said:
11/23 was a good day for you, huh? :)

yea it was and it's been totally dry since then. :(

:) I received an interview invitation from Cornell today, 12/7. I was complete on Oct. 27th and I took the August MCAT. Due to other interviews, the earliest interview date I could schedule is for 1/13.

lis79 said:
:) I received an interview invitation from Cornell today, 12/7. I was complete on Oct. 27th and I took the August MCAT. Due to other interviews, the earliest interview date I could schedule is for 1/13.

congrats!!