• Advice You're Thankful for Contest

Now that it's getting close to Thanksgiving, we're running a contest to hear advice you've received that you're most thankful for! This can be any type of advice and the advice with the most reactions will win!

JOIN CONTEST

Recent MCAT verbal section

jbrush

10+ Year Member
Jun 16, 2005
    congrats to everyone who just received their score on the most recent mcat. i was just wondering how important it is to have consistent scores across the 3 sections. i scored a 12 in physical, a 12 in biological and a 9 in verbal. is this going to seriously hurt my chances? can a well articulated personal statement eliminate or at least alleviate the importance placed on a poor verbal score? any advice would be greatly appreciated.

jamie

RayhanS1282

perpetually percolated
    15+ Year Member
    Apr 8, 2004
    Sucking long and hard in New York
      Congrats on the great BS and PS score. Verbal is the most difficult section (in my opinion) on the MCAT. I think the score altogether will get your foot in the door (interviews) and if the verbal score comes up then explain it as you had posted "in an articulate manner". If I were you I wouldn't retake. More info on your other stuff, i.e. GPA, ECs might help other people respond to your thread.

FYI, 9 is not a horrible score for verbal.

About the Ads

JustBreathe

10+ Year Member
      5+ Year Member
      Jun 15, 2005
        People are probably going to ream me or call me a troll for asking this, but oh well. I am genuinely curious. My breakdown is 11PS, 13VR, 14BS (R on WS). Are adcoms going to care that my PS score is lower than the other two sections? It just doesn't seem very balanced to me, and I'd like to apply to some top 20 schools...

perfectmoment

7+ Year Member
        15+ Year Member
        Nov 8, 2003
          JustBreathe said:
          People are probably going to ream me or call me a troll for asking this, but oh well. I am genuinely curious. My breakdown is 11PS, 13VR, 14BS (R on WS). Are adcoms going to care that my PS score is lower than the other two sections? It just doesn't seem very balanced to me, and I'd like to apply to some top 20 schools...

oh man. it's all over for you now. with a PS score as low as that, you may as well abandon any and all med dreams you've got. i would recommend you rethink your career plans and go back to carpentry school.

in fact, there isn't even any point in living any longer, with a 38R. you may as well end your life.

kill yourself.

TheMightyAngus

10+ Year Member
          5+ Year Member
          Jun 14, 2005
          1. Medical Student
            JustBreathe said:
            Hey, I'm female! I have a 4.0 at a small private school (psychology/biology double major). It's not that I thought the PS score was low, just that the three sections might be seen as unbalanced.

Well, seeing that you have a 4.0 as a biology and psychology major. Such asymmetry in your MCAT might reflect badly since obviously they might assume that your knowledge of physical sciences just get a freaking life and quit whining.

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
            2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
            3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
            4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
            5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
            6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
            7. This thread is locked.