Recommendation letter after secondary

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

xtremewishes

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I recently received another letter of recommendation (MUCH stronger than any of the previous ones I had submitted), and I was wondering if we are able to send additional LORs to schools we have already submitted secondaries to? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I had a friend who did this so I'm pretty sure you can. You might want to check with individual school policies to make sure you're not exceeding the limit.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks all! I will contact AMCAS and ask if they will send out another letter if I upload it to my primary application.

Many schools will only accept letters through AMCAS. That's another reason to check the school website before sending.

If we were to go in and assign another letter through AMCAS, will schools still be able to receive it after we are marked complete?

If we were to go in and assign another letter through AMCAS, will schools still be able to receive it after we are marked complete?
I did so, and it was fine! The schools all still received the letter.

Just add the letter, and resubmit AMCAS. The letter will reach its' destination, though I would recommend notifying schools that you uploaded an additional letter as they may not download your application again.

Reactions: 1 user