Recommendation Letter Question...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

GOBLUERADIO

New Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I currently have three strong letters from an academic institution but all diagnostic radiology. I do have some other letters from a community setting, however, the letters are not as strong but from other fields (internal medicine/surgery). Would I be hurt in submitting my three strongest letters, even if they are all in diagnostic radiology?
 
I wouldn't recommend submitting 3 rads letters as most programs are going to want to have some sort of insight into how you did working on a team in a clinical setting. I seem to remember a fair number of programs requesting no more than 1-2 rads letters anyways. And this should go without saying, but you can absolutely not submit 3 rads letters for your TY/prelim programs.