Recommended preceptors in New Orleans?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

eeyore spice

Full Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm at UB, but I lived in New Orleans for several years and did most of my pre-pharmacy at Xavier. I'd love to set up a P4 rotation in the area, but I don't know any pharmacists there and wouldn't want to call people at random and then end up with a rotation I hate.

So...are there any Xavier/Monroe/wherever students/alumni who have worked with preceptors in New Orleans? Anyone you'd recommend? I'd prefer hospital, amb. care or an independent pharmacy, but I'll take a chain if it's a really nice place to work. Any suggestions welcome!
 
What do you plan on doing after you graduate?

Good question, lol. Hopefully research, in some form or another. I'd enjoy teaching, I think, and it seems to be in my genes. Or are you asking if I want to work in nola? My P4 rotations don't really have much to do with where I want to work--I don't have a choice which ones I get unless I set them up out of the region, and I have to do 4 inpatient or outpatient ones even though I'm in a research track.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Good question, lol. Hopefully research, in some form or another. I'd enjoy teaching, I think, and it seems to be in my genes. Or are you asking if I want to work in nola? My P4 rotations don't really have much to do with where I want to work--I don't have a choice which ones I get unless I set them up out of the region, and I have to do 4 inpatient or outpatient ones even though I'm in a research track.
Ok. So then the type of amb care rotation, e.g. diabetes, coumadin clinic, HIV, Infectious Disease, isn't really what you're concerned about? Or would you have a preference?

I've enjoyed all of my rotations thus far, so I can recommend them, plus others that I've heard about from friends. And one rotation that I have coming up I've been to before for IPPE, so I can recommend that one, too.