Recommended Profile for Admittance

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Reececups

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
This year around August I'll be submitting and applying to numerous schools including NOVA,SCCO, ICO,NECO and Salus and wanted to see where would stack up and understand if I should continue applying to these schools or just seek others. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

OAT Scores
Quantitative Reasoning:340
Reading Comprehension:390
Biology:300
General Chemistry:310
Organic Chemistry:290
Physics:290
AA/TS: 320/300

GPA/Pre-req GPA: 3.1/3.2

Members don't see this ad.

I think you have a very strong chance at ICO, NECO, and Salus! NOVA and SCCO have a little higher statistics, but I don't think you'll have a problem getting an interview. Good luck!!

I think you're considered an average applicant at most schools, maybe a bit on the low end due to your GPA. Definitely apply as soon as you can when the cycle starts (like July/August) to maximize your chances. Get great letters of recs, write a good personal statement, make sure you've done some shadowing, and you'll definitely get at least one interview.

Members don't see this ad :)
I think you have good stats. I would definitely apply early and make sure that you keep up with schools. I have heard much lower stats get acceptance (including myself), however they were on the ball with their applications. Also, if you fear that schools would want you to retake the OAT, I would keep in mind a vague timeline of when to take, that way it isn't too late in the cycle.

I would retake the OAT because if your GPA is low, then you really want to redeem yourself with the OAT score. Your OAT score is also on the lower end in my opinion, especially the TS score. If you want to be safe and get into those schools, definitely retake the OAT. Rather than choosing from the schools that accepted you, don't you want to choose where you really want to go after you've been accepted to all of them? :)

I applied with a 2.98 GPA/3.10 science GPA and 330AA/310TS OAT score. I was accepted at NECO and ICO! Salus asked for my Fall grades, but I didn't submit them because I was already accepted to a school I wanted to attend. Apply early with a strong statement and references and you definitely have a chance!

Look through this thread for other applicants' stats: http://forums.studentdoctor.net/threads/class-of-2020-status.1153045/