Parents and Second Look

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

peanutbutter45654

Reaction score
Hey everyone. I am planning to attend a few in-person second look events next month. I am wondering how common it is to bring a parent along for the campus tours? Is this something you did? Do you remember if other accepted students did this? Would this be considered weird to do? Let me know what you think. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Depends. If your parent is paying for your tuition, then let them get their money's worth. Let them enjoy the pride they will feel and be the envy of their FB friends when they post the pics exclaiming, "My child is going to be a doctor."

Kidding aside, it's not uncommon and not unusual. Bring them along and let them wander around the campus when you're not required to be with them and you need to be with your groups.

Reactions: 1 users
Just about every one had their parents with them and one person brought their parents and significant other at one of my 2nd look just before the lock down 2 years ago. Everyone had to introduce themselves. It did not feel weird for me at all and I had a wonderful weekend with my folks. It felt like a mini family vacation. You are in a good position. Congrats and GL.

Members don't see this ad :)
Nothing wrong with parents if they're interested. I brought mine back in the day. They enjoyed it. It's for you. Make the most of it.

Reactions: 1 user
I run the accepted students day here, some bring parents and some don't. Wouldn't say it's particularly odd. Everyone has different relationships with their parents and/or have parents that can or can't take time off, afford to travel, etc.

TL;DR - It's fine