Reduced consciousness and elevated creatinine levels after an atypical meningioma surgery

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

hyazdani

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Two days after an atypical meningioma surgery on his brain, a 50-year old man developed a high fever and shivering. Blood culture reported growth of Acinetobacter aeruginosa. Treatment of the bacteria immediately started, but the patient did not respond to the treatment, and his level of consciousness rapidly deteriorated to 5 on the Glasgow coma scale. The patient has been on a ventilator since then (two weeks ago). He has also experienced elevated creatinine levels and been subjected to dialysis multiple times. What would be the best treatment, if there is any?

p.s. I am not a physician and have no more information about the case.

Members don't see this ad.

Two days after an atypical meningioma surgery on his brain, a 50-year old man developed a high fever and shivering. Blood culture reported growth of Acinetobacter aeruginosa. Treatment of the bacteria immediately started, but the patient did not respond to the treatment, and his level of consciousness rapidly deteriorated to 5 on the Glasgow coma scale. The patient has been on a ventilator since then (two weeks ago). He has also experienced elevated creatinine levels and been subjected to dialysis multiple times. What would be the best treatment, if there is any?

p.s. I am not a physician and have no more information about the case.

Acinetobacter aeruginosa? Sounds like you are a loved one of the patient and seeking medical advice, in which case SDN is not an appropriate source.

Reactions: 1 users
step 1 teaches me that actinobacter aeruginosa comes from skull base injury? was it from the nares again?
and more common in diabetics.

the bacteria also caused sepsis and multi organ failure thas why the kidney is dead too

treat the bug obviously
seems like an id consult rather than neurosurg

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.