SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

reduced course load

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by shocker682, Jan 23, 2002.

1. shocker682

shocker682 Junior Member 7+ Year Member

Jan 18, 2002
    Ontario, Canada
    Just a concern to anyone out there. I am in third year and hope to apply to dental school next year. I have recently dropped one of my courses this semester and it is too late to pick up another. I am now only registered in 4 classes and a lab (worth half a credit). Will this jepordize my application next year? this is the first time I have done this, and up till now my marks have been between 84-87 taking 5 courses each semester.
  2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. Toothfairy

Toothfairy Member 7+ Year Member

Nov 24, 2001
    Chicago, IL

I was just accepted to dental school for this upcoming fall. As an undergrad I have usually only taken between 12 and 14 hrs., which isn't a heavy course load. My personal opinion is that if you have a good GPA, demonstrate your interest in dentistry, and have been involved in extracurricular activites, you shouldn't be worried about not having a heavy load of classes for this ONE semester. Best of luck! :)
  4. ehop24

ehop24 Senior Member 7+ Year Member

Jul 28, 2001
    the key is to make good use of that time that you arent spending in the classroom. no school would have a problem with you taking a reduced load if you filled the spare time with research or shadowing. in some ways, it might be beneficial. if you finish your degree on time, nobody is going to complain.