reference letter

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

midu

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys , I have a question re: LORS, I have this one school asking specifically for a letter from a pre-med advisor. My problem is that my letters have already been written by 2 science and 1 non-science prof as is required by most schools. My pre-med advisor did not teach me , does not know me well, and I feel that they would not write as strong a letter as those I already got, now my dilemma is what do I do. I called that Med school about this and they basically said the same thing writen on their secondary, that is they need a pre-med advisor letter, I really feel I'm better off with the letters I already have. Plse give any suggestions, thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

midu said:
Hi guys , I have a question re: LORS, I have this one school asking specifically for a letter from a pre-med advisor. My problem is that my letters have already been written by 2 science and 1 non-science prof as is required by most schools. My pre-med advisor did not teach me , does not know me well, and I feel that they would not write as strong a letter as those I already got, now my dilemma is what do I do. I called that Med school about this and they basically said the same thing writen on their secondary, that is they need a pre-med advisor letter, I really feel I'm better off with the letters I already have. Plse give any suggestions, thanks.
I'd recommend sitting down with your advisor and explaining the situation. I happend to know my advisor well, so he is able to include his own opinions. However, the advisor/committee letter can rely more heavily on quotes from your existing letters of rec.

Check out this thread: question