References

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sheerin

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm having difficulty choosing a math/science professor to ask for a reference since I really don't have any close relationship with any of them. However, I did begin a close bond with my summer biology professor(still currently taking), but I'm afraid that knowing a professor for only 1 month will have a downside on my reference section of my application.

As anyone else had a problem with choosing professors for recommendations?

Members don't see this ad.

I'm having difficulty choosing a math/science professor to ask for a reference since I really don't have any close relationship with any of them. However, I did begin a close bond with my summer biology professor(still currently taking), but I'm afraid that knowing a professor for only 1 month will have a downside on my reference section of my application.

Wait till the end of the semester, then you can request a recommendation.

Members don't see this ad :)

If you're planning to apply for Fall 2010, and you're not applying to rolling admissions schools, you could probably get away with using your Biology professor by the time you submit your supplemental and get ready for the waiting game.

The time isn't quite as crucial as the content and his or her credentials. Obviously, a long-term relationship would always be ideal, all things considered, but if you are shooting for 2010, I don't see many opportunities presenting themselves. If you have no alternative, it is my advice that you would choose the Bio professor with whom you've developed a close bond over a professor with whom you have not developed any rapport with, regardless of how long you've known him or her in classroom context.

If you're planning to apply for Fall 2010, and you're not applying to rolling admissions schools, you could probably get away with using your Biology professor by the time you submit your supplemental and get ready for the waiting game.

The time isn't quite as crucial as the content and his or her credentials. Obviously, a long-term relationship would always be ideal, all things considered, but if you are shooting for 2010, I don't see many opportunities presenting themselves. If you have no alternative, it is my advice that you would choose the Bio professor with whom you've developed a close bond over a professor with whom you have not developed any rapport with, regardless of how long you've known him or her in classroom context.

Thanks a lot, means a lot.

Its even more harder since I am applying with only one year of college completion while still doing my 3rd semester while applying.

I will most likely do that.