refund?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lyle

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
If there are schools that we have heard nothing from...I mean nothing...since our files were completed, do you think we can ask for a refund? There are a few schools that I think "took [my] money and [ran]".

I doubt it, but at this point, anything is worth a try...

Members don't see this ad.

Don't hold your breath lyle. It's a lost cause.

I doubt it. That'd be sweet if they did though. :)

Members don't see this ad :)
If I don't hear by May 15, I'm going to demand either a refund or a rejection letter from the last school I haven't heard from. I've already been accepted to a school and the money's not that big a deal, it's just the principle of it all.

and on a similar note...
has anyone had their deposit refunded after withdrawing an acceptance, and how long did it take?

I've heard of people getting their deposit back after withdrawing, but it seems like only of the schools will do so. Even if they do, it may take several weeks (4-12). If you really need the cash, you should contact them now.

all my checks have been withdrawn and there are still some schools I've heard no word of. I agree with sternrower in that med schools should be reminded to treat people with courtesy and decency. Even when they are rejecting them.

Got my deposit back from UMN 4 wks or so after I withdrew.

Got my deposit back from UMN 4 wks or so after I withdrew.