Regarding cheating.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
dopaminophile said:
Or... perhaps it's just easier to reply with quotes individually. Why would he care what his post count is? I don't understand why Psycho takes such a beating on this board.

He's just a little silly. I'd like to know him in real life.

Members don't see this ad.

I love this place for threads like this.

dopaminophile said:
Or... perhaps it's just easier to reply with quotes individually. Why would he care what his post count is? I don't understand why Psycho takes such a beating on this board.

You'd be surprised. I don't know PD too well, but I've read a few of his posts in the MCAT forum, and he seems well, hmmm... stuck-up? obnoxious?

Members don't see this ad :)
fpr85 said:
You'd be surprised. I don't know PD too well, but I've read a few of his posts in the MCAT forum, and he seems well, hmmm... stuck-up? obnoxious?

I think Psycho Doctors alright. We both seem to see eye to eye on a lot of issues.

Regarding cheating. I think most of us agree that cheating is wrong. Have we all cheated at one time or another? Probably. Do most of us feel guilty afterwards? Depends. I believe that somewhere down the road this is all going to kick the OP, and cheaters alike, in the butt (at least that's what I'm hoping). Have I cheated in the past? Yes, and I was caught, I learned my lesson then and there. But the truth remains, nice guys do normally finish last and that's just something we have to face -- it's reality. Hopefully the OP will get what he deserves in the end, lesson learned, and perhaps he will change his attitude. What's he going to do ten to fifteen years from now when he has his own kids and they're sent home for cheating? Soothe them reassuring that it's OK, that he did it all the time when he was in school... that'll sure build some character.

Half of Meg@cool's posts make no sense whatsoever, usually having some kind of dark humor to them. The rest turn into flamewars, like this one. Heh.

With that said, really, how many of you had classes where you could actually draw off of others' work? Maybe problem sets in math and econ. Certainly a violation of the honor code (if the school in question had one). . Other than that, it was extremely rare where you could even cheat. Come on, this is a troll. Just to play along...

As for spreading out notes between people, I couldn't care less. If people specialize and teach a topic to one another, who cares? The objective is met in that the people understand the material. If time is saved in the process and everyone understands, good for them. Go out and enjoy life. This is blatantly being called cheating (per thread title), so this is obviously not what is being referred to.

Cheating on tests would have been difficult in most of the classes I took, as well, but I guess it's doable in the sciences. Definitely affects others and not something purely utilitarian.

So, is anyone in here actually going to college to learn something? I assumed that was the point of higher education, but apparently it's only about impressing adcoms and "doing the minimum amount of work." This is kinda depressing...

MEG@COOL said:
Ever since high school me and a group of my close friends have joined together to distribute the academic work load of our classes amongst ourselves so that each of us individually would have to do a minimal amount of work. Luckily most of us ended up going to the same college and our alliance has continued(successfully so far) however I am becoming increasingly worried that one of us may be apprehended for our "crimes"(I put crimes in quotes because it isnt really a crime unless it has a victim). I know surely that I will not be the one caught because I am extremely paranoid of this happening. My friend who we shall call "Bill" however cheats carelessly. In highschool this was not a problem as the teachers were basically oblivious to our subterfuge. Now though in college there are increased levels of security and I fear that Bill may slip and bring down the whole group of us including myself.

uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm can you say HONOR CODE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
UR lucky you do not attend Rice b/c someone would tell on you.