Regarding U World scores.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

parjdave

Reaction score
Hello, everyone. I am just feeling low since I hve completed only 40-50% of U World and I plan to give exam by first week of November. I used to score between 70s-80s in U World. Due to my current Internship period , last week I scored below Average in 9 blocks since I couldn't complete the blocks in time and just marked incorrects without thinking much. Later on I started scoring between 80-90.U world now only shows correct% as 70 because of the poor scores in the last score and even if I score>90 , thats not gonna change. So, is it going to affect scores in real exs like I am getting 8-10 incorrects in each block, later to realise what easy questions I got wrong.
Second, Which NBME's to start with to get the baseline give , the sequence to solve , when to attempt UWSA 1 and 2. There r total 200 questions in NBME and 280 in real exam. So, how to add 80 extra questions if I wnt to simulate real exam for each NBME I attempt.
Third, at what gap period one should give NBMEs?
Fourth, After completing NBME and UWSA, I guess I am going to be in my peak , so when should I give my Step 1?

Members don't see this ad.

Don’t tunnel vision too much on your UWorld percentage. It is one predictor of final performance, but far from the most important one. NBMEs once a week during dedicated. Do your two UWSAs the week leading up to your exam. These mock exam metrics are for more predictive of your actual performance; use these to judge your preparedness. Good luck!

I had no specific timeframe for when to take which NBME. Some I scored lower on than others, some higher. Basically my Step scores ended up being about average to top average of all the exams I took to prep.

As for UW, tough to say the scores mean much. I think just doing UWorld, USMLERx, etc. is helpful no matter the score. The more you see and do, the better you get, no matter if you get the Q right or wrong. It simply lessens the probability of seeing a surprise on Test Day.